It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stackpot

Welcome along
I wasn't aware of the new trend of "shill fever" although I have noticed on other sites that the term "shill" was being used a lot more frequently.

Newcomer or not your views are just as important as anyone elses. Thank you for sharing and I hope you enjoy your stay here

King
edit on 7/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It seems to me that "dis-info agents" are merely people who hold a different worldview.

It's like people calling others "sheeple" and using similar patronising language, because their implausible theory has so many holes that it looks like a sieve. Such behaviour is the bolt-hole of the intellectually broken. Sheeple and dis-info agents is just pants and are terms used to belittle other people's opinions.

I suppose some of you may consider me to be spreading dis-info because I don't think there are dis-info people out there!

Regards

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i am more than certain that we have agents along for the ride if you notice they stick to one subject and come on at regular times it is a pity that since ats changed you can not see what times they come and go .

then they vanish but another account that has not been used for years comes alive with the exact style of writing just look at how many accounts have never posted on ats .

i have even seen them log of when you catch them out with something they cannot defend then log back in with new orders

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by Trubeeleever

ya also have the problem that out of those who believe people are having bizarre abduction experiences, not all of them believe the ET is from another planet but rather another dimension or spiritual plane. so you have more than one set of beliefs disagreeing on these topics some of who disagree because of their interpretation of ancient texts and some who think the whole thing is just disinfo and some who think it might might be possible and some who think it's just human governments abusing each other's citizens outside the laws governing human experimentation and so on and so on. it's nearly as complicated as religious debates.
edit on 7-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

You have highlighted the problems complex nature.

The truth may never be revealed in our lifetime, but with the aid of forums like ATS people can pool their thoughts and experiences and hopefully some kind of pattern may emerge which could point us in one direction or another.

Of course the spin doctors and non-believers will do their best to derail the process, but for Spiritualists and ET and even the MIB theorists who have experienced, their beliefs cannot be derailed.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In response to the OP, idk if they're paid disinfo agents, but there are definitely some newer members here that post strong opinions on a wide variety of subjects. There's only one noob that really rubs me the wrong way. I wasn't the least bit surprised when I seen they made a post on this topic, too.

If you have something intelligent to add to a discussion, then by all means, post away. But when one feels the need to post on topics in order to attempt to discredit a topic or just to get under someones skin, well that's just trollin'. I find it especially amusing when they try to use BIG words in their posts, and they're used wrong. That and when they try and point out mistakes in someones research, when they themselves have no idea how the scientific method really even works. Makes me LOL every time!

I am glad someone had the gall to bring this up. Like I said before, I have no idea if they're paid disinfo peeps or not. But I have definitely noticed it. Especially those who have only been signed up since the fall and have hundreds of posts. But, maybe they have no other life and just spend ALL their time here at ATS?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OO OO Skeptic Overlord can I pretty please post a link to the old April Fools Day joke about tracerouting back to Langley?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

kingears
This is an observation more than anything, and i obviously do not have any solid proof. However In the last couple of months I have noticed an increasing number of new members who, given the length of time they have been here, have an incredible amount of posts (500+ within a month of signing up). Many of these seem to be here to debunk conspiracy topics, Are these just regular people with nothing better to do than spend A LOT of time here, or as the thread title suggests, paid government workers who's task is to misinform?

I would screenshot some members mini profiles and cover up any identifiable aspects as an example. However I fear this is against the T&Cs of the site so I won't for now, unless asked to.

Am I alone in this observation?

Thank you for your time

Mods: Please move to the appropriate forum if needs be, but i figured skunk works was a good place for this.

King

edit on 6/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

You are correct, but it's not just new ones old ones also. Don't forget Obama just hired 6000 web warriors last year. They work from home all over the world and get paid to post, with bonuses and management to help when they need it. I love messing with them, they are fairly obvious and most are week minded people using scripts.
edit on 7-12-2013 by AmenStop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

truthinfact
reply to post by Riffrafter

NSA ads what the hell are you talking about?

I guess you've never seen them. If I can, I'll see if I can get an IP or web address the next time I see one.

They're full blown multi-part ads recruiting for the NSA. They would sometimes start "self-playing" on one of my open tabs, as I often have multiple tabs open when I'm here.

When I was really getting hammered with them, I would sometimes get 2 to a page.

I was never sure if it was because of the threads I read and post to, my other "surfing" habits or perhaps the other software I have installed on this laptop.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has seen them.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't totally rule out the idea that disinfo-agents exist.

As far as having an organized, paid group of them, not so much.

500 posts a month isn't a good indicator.

The disinfo Union doesn't allow more than 100 posts a week.
Plus they have to mow their mothers lawn at least once a week or they have to move out of the basement.
edit on 7-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Riffrafter

Ad's are not picked by ATS. google looks at your viewing history and sends you them.

Of course...Google. No one escapes the view of Google. The extent of their reach is far deeper and scarier than most people know.

The NSA ads don't bother me - they actually make me chuckle for a number of reasons.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
people told me I am disinfo member, since I made my own radiation measurements in Tokyo and Osaka and could not find any abnormal radiation in this cities...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I do paid posting work as well as use AdSense and amazon ads to make extra money.

Here's list of companies that pay forum posters
wfhreporter.com...

Not too bad extra income while on disability, paid to my PayPal

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by truthinfact

I am not a google fan so I completely forgot about their search engine results, but remember back in 2003 when I became a lurker of this site and then a member later on, google was no even around until 2004 and still we had the same type of influx depending what topic was popular in ATS.

Google was founded on September 4, 1998...

Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Riffrafter
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has seen them.

Was your CAC plugged in when you got them?

I can't believe they're running web ads. That's funny. They used to come by the university and cherry pick appropriate types out of the engineering and physics programs.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Lots of liars in the world. Doubt they are paid. Liars think they leave people hanging on their every word, they just get ignored. You have alot of growing up to do if you not realize how many liars there are everywhere.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Thank you, I appreciate the sentiments.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Like I said I am not fan of google and when it was first heard off and when it became popular is two different things.

Deny ignorance equally.

Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University. Together they own about 16 percent of its shares. They incorporated Google as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. An initial public offering followed on August 19, 2004. Its mission statement from the outset was "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful",[10] and its unofficial slogan was "Don't be evil".[11][12] In 2006 Google moved to headquarters in Mountain View, California, nicknamed the Googleplex.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-12-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

kingears
This is an observation more than anything, and i obviously do not have any solid proof. However In the last couple of months I have noticed an increasing number of new members who, given the length of time they have been here, have an incredible amount of posts (500+ within a month of signing up). Many of these seem to be here to debunk conspiracy topics, Are these just regular people with nothing better to do than spend A LOT of time here, or as the thread title suggests, paid government workers who's task is to misinform?

I would screenshot some members mini profiles and cover up any identifiable aspects as an example. However I fear this is against the T&Cs of the site so I won't for now, unless asked to.

Am I alone in this observation?

You're not alone in this observation. I assume there are paid shills & disinfo agents here. Why wouldn't they be here? This is a perfect place for them.

I think they show up to promote the Establishment viewpoint and to ridicule those who challenge Establishment "wisdom." They can be very effective in derailing a thread.

I think they're most apt to show up on alternative medical cure threads, anywhere Big Pharma or another Big Money industry might be threatened by people not buying what they're selling.

I also suspect there are paid Obots who show up here to defend Obamacare or to ridicule anyone who challenges the official Obama lies/propaganda.

Surprises me that everyone here would not be aware of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by cartenz

Like I said I am not fan of google and when it was first heard off and when it became popular is two different things.

Deny ignorance equally.

...Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University. Together they own about 16 percent of its shares. They incorporated Google as a privately held company on September 4, 1998. An initial public offering followed on August 19, 2004. Its mission statement from the outset was "to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful",[10] and its unofficial slogan was "Don't be evil".[11][12] In 2006 Google moved to headquarters in Mountain View, California, nicknamed the Googleplex....

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-12-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

That means when their shares went public on the stock exchange. They were already the predominant search provider long before then. 2000 or 2001 I believe??

You really should just admit that your initial statement was in err, than try to pass yourself off as someone who knows better.
edit on 8-12-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So the govt can't afford to pay its public services, but can still afford to pay the shills? hmm....

To quote Slartibartfast:"that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join