learn more

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is an observation more than anything, and i obviously do not have any solid proof. However In the last couple of months I have noticed an increasing number of new members who, given the length of time they have been here, have an incredible amount of posts (500+ within a month of signing up). Many of these seem to be here to debunk conspiracy topics, Are these just regular people with nothing better to do than spend A LOT of time here, or as the thread title suggests, paid government workers who's task is to misinform?

I would screenshot some members mini profiles and cover up any identifiable aspects as an example. However I fear this is against the T&Cs of the site so I won't for now, unless asked to.

Am I alone in this observation?

Thank you for your time

Mods: Please move to the appropriate forum if needs be, but i figured skunk works was a good place for this.

King
edit on 6/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Or just very enthusiastic members. I happen to be one of them.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Trolls yes. Disinfo agents???? Hmmmm. Don't know. Why would an agent even waste his time with us? I'm fairly new, signing up about 2 months ago. I do post a lot just due to I enjoy it. I assure you.....I'm no agent.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Its very normal for newer members in their excitement to post like crazy in the beginning.
I did it when I first signed up until I learned....my opinion doesn't NEED to be heard for EVERY topic and to try to post quality....not quantity.

But then again,I'm a disinfo agent. (ats staff....my check is late,whats going on??)
edit on 6-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

500 in a month?! I have been on here for over a year now and I literally just finally started joining in on conversations and made my first post today! WOO HOO!! lol 500 in month is ridiculously a lot..... or maybe I was a sleeper disinfo agent!!!
edit on 6-12-2013 by VoidWalker because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Your claiming this with no proof whatsoever. What members? Where have they done 500 posts? Which ones are all debunking posts? Maybe you can't say actual names because of T&C, but what is different from your post here and the one recently claiming a vast majority of threads posted here were "what if" threads from lazy posters? That was easily refuted because all you had to do is look at recent posts and count up the number of "what if" threads. At the point of the thread, there were none. The thread was proven false rather easily.

Somehow you have to prove your case here. Also, your hypothesis must be capable of being shown to be false. Otherwise you have this generalized accusation that can't be pinned down. Not that you are the only one. Every few weeks a similar thread is started, usually with someone claiming to "know for a fact" because of his "special super powers of observation." At least you're not doing that, but the point remains. You have this kind of "feeling" that you'd like to turn into fact.

OK. Prove it.
edit on 12/6/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have noticed a lot of new members in the last few months, I'm sure most are honest enough but could be one or two shills mixed in there. I don't think it really maters ATS members can ignore the one post in a thread that is ment to derail it. We got this bring on the shills and trolls!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Probably, but then again, think about how many more unknowing and unpaid disinfo 'agents' there are

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

exactly what an agent would say! lol....

I do tend to look at the "member since..." out of curiosity.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

VoidWalker

500 in a month?! I have been on here for over a year now and I literally just finally started joining in on conversations and made my first post today! WOO HOO!! lol 500 in month is ridiculously a lot..... or maybe I was a sleeper disinfo agent!!!

First post today? So 173 posts in one day??
hmmmm disinfo agent?

ETA - And wait, you said you've been here a year but it says you signed up in June. *confused*
edit on 6-12-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wish someone would pay me to be on ATS all the time

Oh and post who you think they are dude
we need a giggle.
edit on 6-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yes the mods are aware of this.
I think they mentioned they noticed people signing up around election time from certain ip addresses.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread deals with someone that said they were a paid troll.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
These threads come up with regular occurrence.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You can be on this site and read along time before actually joining.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

Its very normal for newer members in their excitement to post like crazy in the beginning.
I did it when I first signed up until I learned....my opinion doesn't NEED to be heard for EVERY topic and to try to post quality....not quantity.

But then again,I'm a disinfo agent. (ats staff....my check is late,whats going on??)
edit on 6-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

You've been here longer than me. I hope you're getting paid better. My wife keeps asking me when I'm going to get a real job. She's tired of bacon, and chocolate chip cookies.

Ever get the feeling we're not wanted around here? :-)
edit on 12/6/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Yep, but your stats say you have 173 posts and signed up in June.
(you said today was your first post and signed up a year ago)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

the short answer is no.

the long answer is noooooooooooooooooo.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

What the hell???
I don't get bacon!!!
I get dryer lint for fire starting and a check that barely covers my morning coffee.

link   
It's my opinion, one of the surest signs of desperation and symptoms of delusion is when someone throws the "Disinfo Agent" card.

It's my opinion anyone pointing fingers and calling anyone "Disinfo Agent", needs take a deep breath, hold it for a long time, and step away from Conspiracy Theory sites for at least one solid 7-day week.

link   

Wookiep

VoidWalker

First post today? So 173 posts in one day??
hmmmm disinfo agent?

ETA - And wait, you said you've been here a year but it says you signed up in June. *confused*

Clearly meant first thread not post.

Anyway this exact topic has come up many many times with nearly the same words as the OP used even years back.

I think there are new people because of the new form and the age level seems to have dropped going by comments and attack language. I am more inclined to think many 'agents" have been around a long time, they use more than one name and more than one account. More than one personality to be effective.

Doesn't seem like a problem, those who are easily led or misled and not critically thinking for themselves are always swaying in the breeze anyway, with help or without.
edit on 6-12-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join