It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism and Communism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Last one before Iam off.

Religious people kill religious people all the time also...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Nazism was bigger than Hitler, there are many players in the Nazi Ideology.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nazism wanted to transform the subjective consciousness of the German people - their attitudes, values and mentalities - into a single-minded, obedient "national community". According to Ian Kershaw, in order to achieve this, the Nazis believed they would have to replace class, religious and regional allegiances by a "massively enhanced national self-awareness to mobilize the German people psychologically for the coming struggle and to boost their morale during the inevitable war".[17] The Nazis disliked universities, intellectuals and the Catholic and Protestant churches.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Klassified

I mean this with all due respect, but at the moment, you scare me more than

the truth can be overwhelming... if you have found Jesus Christ you should be without fear.

one should really take a close look at the allegiances they proclaim association with.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
BIBLICAL ATROCITIES

NUMBERS 16:35 A fire from God killed 250 men.

NUMBER 16:48 A plague from God killed 14,700.

NUMBERS 25:9 A plague from God killed 24,000.

NUMBERS 31:31-40 God divided the plunder to the soldiers, the priest, the Israelites and for tribute to the Lord. 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys and 32,000 virgin women.

DEUTERONOMY 3:6 Under God’s leadership, the Israelites destroyed the men, women and children of Og. They plundered the livestock and possessions.

DEUTERONOMY 20:13-14 God laid down the rules for battle, instructing the slaughter of all of the men. Women, children, livestock and possessions could be taken as "plunder for yourselves."

JOSHUA 6:21-27 Under God’s direction, Joshua destroyed the entire city of Jericho…men, women, teenagers and infants…with the edge of the sword. The soldiers then pillaged the silver, gold, bronze and iron for God and burned the city.

JOSHUA 7:19-26 Achan took a robe and some money from the plunder. Joshua and the Israelites took Achan, the loot, his sons, daughters, cattle, donkeys , sheep and possessions to the Valley of Achor, where all were stoned and burned.

JOSHUA 8:22-25 God helped Joshua battle and slaughter 12,000 men and women in the city of Ai. None escaped.

JOSHUA 10:30 The Lord gave the city of Libnah to Joshua. Everyone in the city was "put to the sword."

JOSHUA 10:32-33 God gave his approval as Joshua killed every man, woman and child in Lachish with the sword.

JUDGES 20:43-48 The Israelites killed 25,000 men. 600 men fled to the desert. The Israelites went and put everyone in the towns "to the sword, including the animals and everything else they found." Then they burned the towns down.

JUDGES 21:10-12 The assembly killed every male and non-virgin female in Jabesh Gilead. They found 400 virgins to bring back for themselves.

2 SAMUEL 8:1-18 David’s acts included killing 2 out of 3 Moabite soliders, hamstringing 6,900 chariot horses, killing 22,000 Syrians, and striking down 18,000 Edomites in the Valley of Salt. Verse 6 says "…The Lord gave David victory wherever he went."

2 SAMUEL 10:18 David killed 700 charioteers and 40,000 Aramean foot soldiers.

2 SAMUEL 24:15 God sent a plague on Israel to punish David for sin. 70,000 people died.

1 KINGS 20:29-30 The Israelites fought the Syrians. Enemy body count for a single day = 100,000. A wall fell on the 27,000 remaining people.

2 KINGS 19:35 An angel of the Lord killed 185,000 men in the Assyrian camp.

2 CHRONICLES 13:17 God delivered the Israelites to Abijah and Judah. 500,000 enemy dead.

... and that's only a small sampling of the upstanding, kind, loving, giving, MORAL "teachings" of the traditions of the Abrahamic mythology.

I love how these morally upstanding religious folk kill women, children, babies, and even the animals of their enemies. It's not like genocide or scorched earth practices are wrong and immoral or anything.

I wonder if anyone has ever gone through the Bible and done a proper tally of every murder done in the name of this oh, so, MORAL mythological god.

Hmmm.

edit on 12/6/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

sorry Doll,

I am not entertaining religious atrocities in this thread... although I will entertain the atrocities and ideologies associated with atheism, the thread is not only limited to Communism.

You are more than welcome to start a topic with the religious atrocity title.

In this thread we actually have pictures, because you know scientists invented the camera... we get a closer look into the nature of communism and atheism, and I will try my best to take it as far back as the Greek describing atheism.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ah, so, we're ONLY allowed to talk bad about Atheism?

We're not allowed to illustrate the other side of the coin; all the atrocities carried out in the name of RELIGION?

hmmm.

Besides that, leaving religion and atheism entirely out of the equation, I suppose we're not allowed to illustrate all the other civilizations on the planet that were more than happy to hack away at each other before Communism ever existed?

Additionally, there may be Atheists that are Communists, and there may be Communists that are Atheists, but, neither one is mandatorily inclusive of the other.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Nope Iam not allowed to post that Religious wars have also killed millions.
en.wikipedia.org...

We are only allowed to post what the OP wants us to post, any other thing he/she will not read nor debate.
Surely you know this by know about the OP?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Belief in the self is healthy. It's called "self esteem".

Perhaps, but forming conclusions based on, nothing more than, one's purported "lack of a belief", sure as Hell isn't. That's called "self-delusion".

Did my previous post satisfy your curiosity?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I love the really peaceful non-violent angel that certainly isn't holding a weapon and definitely not about to kill someone in their avatar.

Nope. Nothing violent, immoral about religion or religious folk at all.

It's Atheists and Communists. I should just go throw myself in the oven right now for all the people I have(n't) killed.

All in all, in all seriousness, people are people, governments are governments, and regardless their belief in some mythology or absence of belief, as well as regardless of whatever economic system they practice, they'll find ways and means by which to kill OTHERS, whomever might qualify as "others".

That's what people in power, and those that are indentured, pledged to service, aligned with, or follow such sorts get up to, regardless belief.

No offense, but, even Apes have been documented to go on raiding parties where they massacre other troops, bands, families, pods, clans (whatever several apes together are called), of Apes.

Humans kill Humans. Period.

There needs be no reason other than whatever reason might be sufficiently convenient at the time.

(some of this is in reply to you boymonkey74, but also just generally addressing the invisible nonparticipating readership, as well as registered participating members, and OP).

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

I love the really peaceful non-violent angel that certainly isn't holding a weapon and definitely not about to kill someone in their avatar.

It is Archangel Michael binding Satan with a chain which is wrapped around his waist, he is about to be cast back to Hell and he is resisting the pit he is being pushed into.

Pictures tell a thousand words... it is strange to me that you see it as someone who is about to kill another, you're not an atheist are you?

Guido Reni 1636

edit on 6-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

In other words, you don't have any bullets for the gun you're waving, so to speak.

I, actually, agree with that comment!

It's the same as atheists claiming that God doesn't exist, because they don't have a belief in Him.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 055America/Chicago12RAmerica/Chicago2013-12-06T18:20:21-06:00Friday00000021America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don't subscribe to how the op see's things but if you read the replies from start to finish....

There is only one side of the fence that is a razor waiting to cull that which is weak....and proclaiming that's what's the way of things....it might be sense but it's so hard and cruel a way....

Metaphors like bearing fruit or not speaks volumes, it doesn't matter what you believe.

The only branch need cutting away is that that bears nothing at all but endless nothing...it's a path to folly.....by nature of being a way.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

moreover the sword represents an ideology... the Word

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I just can't wrap my head around the train of thought of Christian's. It equates to, they don't have to buy Christmas gifts this season, again, because Santa will deliver. Forget the fairy story. Many currents fed the Jesus myth, like streams and tributaries joining to form a major river. As Christianity cut its way through the centuries it became a very murky and dangerous torrent, sweeping away civilizations and all who stood in its way.

Do you really think it all began with a sanctimonious Jewish wonder-worker, strolling about 1st century Palestine?

Your argument, atheists are Leninist IMO is mute. Try reading different history books. In place of your holy book.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Nope Iam not allowed to post that Religious wars have also killed millions.

State sponsored Atheism has killed over 100 million in under 100 years.

that's a short time in history's eyes...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

No...political ideology has killed them. Really clutching at straws trying to show everyone how evil Atheists are arn't you.
Anyhow I said Iam out so deleting the subscription to this dull ill informed thread.
edit on 6-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

C21H30O2I
I just can't wrap my head around the train of thought of Christian's.

do not think that I speak for or represent all Christians.

I am a Theist, I believe in God and have taken many others beliefs in, it is a side effect of my region and where I grew up.

I like anything that represents Justice and Truth...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

running out of philosophical attacks?

the thread speaks for itself and I'm just beginning

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So, it's okay for Christian's to slaughter because it's been doing it for 1000 years?

Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit has NO FORGIVENESS FOREVER, but is guilty of everlasting sin.'
– Mark 3.29

' The Christian resolve to find the world evil and ugly, has made the world evil and ugly.'

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I agree with you about representing justice and truth. Although, I do not think one being an atheist makes them a Leninist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join