It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arafats Diagnosis May Soon Be Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
France is set to turn over Yasser Arafats medical records over to Nasser al-Kidwa. Kidwa who is a relative, will take possession of the documents as is required by French law. Speculation was rampant before and after Arafats death as to its cause. From a poisoning attempt to AIDS, no diagnosis has been cleared of speculation. The secretary of the Palestinian Cabinet, Hassan Abu Libdeh, stated that the medical records were of historical importance to the people. He stated "We will get the report and the Palestinian Authority will take the necessary decisions, including informing the Palestinian people about the full details of the report."

story.news.yahoo.com
LONDON - Nearly a week after his death, speculation still swirls around what killed Yasser Arafat. Cirrhosis of the liver, AIDS, a blood disorder and poisoning are frequently mentioned in unconfirmed reports all consistent with the little that is publicly known about the medical condition that landed the Palestinian leader in a French hospital.

However, the mystery may soon be resolved: the French say they will hand Arafat's records to Nasser al-Kidwa a relative, as required, but also the Palestinians' ambassador to the United Nations. Al-Kidwa is scheduled to fly to Paris on Friday to collect the medical files.

"The full medical report of President Arafat is a historical document for the Palestinian people," Hassan Abu Libdeh, the Palestinian Cabinet secretary, said Thursday. "We will get the report and the Palestinian Authority will take the necessary decisions, including informing the Palestinian people about the full details of the report."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This could put to rest the controversy surrounding Arafats death. But then again, since the information will be reviewed and decided upon, the people of Palestine may never get the truth. If it was a poisoning, expect the blame to head right or wrong, Israels way. If he died of AIDS we may never get the honest answer about the cause. My money is on old age, indifferent health care, and possible Hepatitis leading to liver failure. If he had hepatitis, he would not have been a good candidate for a transplant.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Arafat Poisoned?
Does Arafat Have AIDS?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think mossad would jump to the chance of taking Arafat out.The question is who can proove anything,if there has been a conspiracy,the DGCE (french secret service) might just take the assignment,under the table..if you know what I mean...
Who are these guys anyways?? they manage to keep quite a low profile if you ask me.i found a link of where they might be working now but other than that not much is known about them...

archive.greenpeace.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So ,Fred ...
someone is looking..

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am reasonably sure that if he was poisoned by the Israeli's, it wont be traceable. If anything it would be made to look like something else was responsible, like liver failure as FredT suggested. Whatever the results are, you can be sure there will be controversy surrounding it. If he died of natural causes people will make accusations like the one I pointed out above. If he was poisoned blame will immedietely fall on the Israeli's, who in that case, would be the least likely in my estimation. If he was poisoned, my guess is that it was done by somebody who either wants or profits by the strife over there.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Anyways from what I've heard hepatitis is trasmitted through,blood trasfusions,intravinus drug abuse,sex & dentist equipment that has'nt been properly sterilized...

Now to Arafat:Sex?......NOooo
Dentist:sure did'nt seem like it ....
Intravinus drugs:I don't think so...
That leaves the transfusion,...but that blood would have been screened.no.
Not to mention that from hepatitis you don't die within a year or two.Once you have been diagnosed,it can take upto 10 years before it will become fatal,term used I believe is Serrosis of the liver,and trust me when I say He would have had no trouble in finding a Donor....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Another possibility is,that he was an old man right!!
Now just after the US ellection has been delivered and it may scared him to death having to see Bush's face again,and that's if he was givin the chance.
What Better day or month could he possibily have chosen to die in glory,remember this was a 75 year old man.On the exact week he was taken ill,9 years befor that Rabin was murdered.They had stood together for the Nobel pEACE pRICE.Would'nt it be a great coincidence that he dies in the same month....Does'nt that go noticed in the History Books??
Would'nt that make his death a huge phenomena,or is it just me wondering abit too far..........

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A man in his seventies is not that old.....plus he had the money to afford the best in medical care.

I have heard it speculated that some of his own people had serious differences with him....he wasn't radical enough to suit some, too radical for others. Or, perhaps someone wanted to take his position as head of the PLO, and wanted him out of the way quickly.

Not to say the Israelis wouldn't like to have him out of the way as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If Palestinians officials are still thinking wether or not to release the cause of death of Arafat, it rules out poisoning...because if it was poisoning, even if the evidence pointed to some untraceable poison, they would have released the findings long ago...and Arafat's wife would have also jumped in and declared he was poisoned....

This leads me to believe that the cause of his death is something they are ashamed of...thus they are still debating whether or not to bring "the facts to the public"...

---edited to correct errors---

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hell it could of been anything thast killed arafat, and if it was AIDS, you have about as much chance of them anouncing it as them anouncing he died from a gerbil that got shoved up his rectal cavity

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
This leaves me to believe that the cause of his death is something they are ashamed of...thus they are still debating whether or not to bring "the facts to the public"...

Or maybe it is something that is common, but they want to make it better by maintaining the silence and improving the suspense.

Surf

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
A man in his seventies is not that old.....plus he had the money to afford the best in medical care.

yes, but he was a virtual prisoner in his Ramalah compound, so health care was a iffy proposition at best. Not to mention he led a hard life and he also may have had parkinsons which brings with it a whole host of health issues.

new topics

top topics

join