It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela wasn’t removed from the U.S. Terror List until 2008

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I came across this info and I was pretty shocked to find out that he was on the terror list until 2008.

I mean, WTF?

Source
Source

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well he was 90 and in ill health, not much of a threat then?

Seriously though, it took a new bill signed by Bush Jnr to remove the ANC from the list of terrorist groups, so it's just a case of bureaucracy gone mad. You know how fast Government departments work!!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

mekhanics
I came across this info and I was pretty shocked to find out that he was on the terror list until 2008.
I mean, WTF?

Rather surprised he was ever taken off.
Convicted terrorist bomber, responsible for deaths by bombs.

[graphic image removed]

Do you expect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to be given the "all clear" a few years from now if he starts talking about peace and stuff?

edit on Fri Dec 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because:
15a) Offensive Content: You will not Post forum posts, private messages, PODcasts, blog entries, videos, images, and other supported content, links to images or use avatars and/or signatures that are .... images or domains that contain gore, ...

edit on Fri Dec 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

Reagan took his case directly to the people on a live TV broadcast. He echoed Crocker in urging Americans to be patient with South Africa's apartheid government. Reagan argued that sanctions would disproportionately hurt black South Africans without significantly undermining apartheid, and blamed black extremists for contributing to the violence. Change, if it were to come at all, would happen incrementally. He believed he had sold his case effectively, and considered the matter closed.

Conservatives believed the U.S. had no business hectoring the South African government over apartheid. Senator Jesse Helms (R–N.C.), the Senate's leading race-baiter, took the Senate floor to filibuster on behalf of the apartheid government of South Africa. Helms was an old pro at using the filibuster: he had launched a similar one three years earlier against establishing a national holiday to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. He was joined by like-minded conservatives including noted segregationist Strom Thurmond (R–S.C.) and future presidential hopeful Phil Gramm (R–Texas) in voting against the bill's final passage. Over in the House, Representative Dick Cheney (R–Wyo.) joined the minority in opposing the Anti-Apartheid Act. In earlier battles over South Africa, Cheney had denounced Nelson Mandela as a terrorist and argued against his release.

source

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Drawing comparisons between Nelson Mandela and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is utterly ridiculous. Try William Wallace or Sitting Bull.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Didn't he sing on video that song ... death to all Bhulu (whites) ??
That could have raised a few flags of caution in some circles.
(that's the internet rumor .... I haven't found information to confirm it)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am saddened by some of the posts about Madiba, by some of the people I most admire here on ATS, but I refuse to be drawn into a plotical and ideological debate about Madiba that would serve no purpose.
I just want to ask you all a single question. If you lived under a ridiculous system where your people had no rights at all, had no decent schooling, had to be out ofthe cities at night, had no voting rights, were treated like worms, how would you have reacted? And would you have had the courage after coming out of prison years later, to forgive those same opressors?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Heres the truth for those too young to remember it simply Google it
The ANC’s guerrilla force, known as uMkhonto we Sizwe—MK, or “Spear of the Nation”—was founded in 1961 by Mandela and his advisor, the Lithuanian-born communist Jew Joe Slovo, born Yossel Mashel Slovo, who was officially named secretary general of the South African Communist Party in 1986.

Slovo had been the planner of many of the ANC terrorist attacks, including the January 8, 1982 attack on the Koeberg nuclear power plant near Cape Town, the Church Street bombing on May 20, 1983, which killed 19 people, and the June 14, 1986 car-bombing of Magoo’s Bar in Durban, in which three people were killed and 73 injured.

In 1962, Mandela was arrested along with 19 others, half of whom were White communist Jews, in a police raid of ANC headquarters at a farm owned by Andrew Goldreich, also a communist Jew, at Rivonia, a Johannesburg suburb.

In the Rivonia Trial, which took place between 1963 and 1964, the defendants were tried for 221 acts of sabotage designed to overthrow the government and conspiring to aid foreign military units, when they invaded SA to further the objects of communism.

The prosecutor, Percy Yutar said at the trial that “production requirements for munitions were sufficient to blow up a city the size of Johannesburg.”

Escaping the death sentence, Mandela was given life in prison.

By 1990, the communists behind Mandela had gained enough power to force his release. Apartheid was abolished in 1992 and the ANC was put into power in 1994 with Mandela as president. Slovo became his secretary of housing.

Shortly thereafter, Mandela and Slovo, along with a group of ANC leaders, were filmed chanting a pledge to kill all whites in South Africa.

Current South African President Jacob Zuma, also of the ANC, was also filmed as late as January 2012 singing a song called “Kill the Boer” in front of a crowd of thousands of blacks while they cheered and danced. The song advocates the murder of the descendents of the original white settlers of South Africa, with lyrics encouraging blacks to gun down the farmers with machine guns.

In 1994, the same year Mandela took power, the Hutu tribe killed 800,000 Tutsis in Rwanda. Similar tribal genocides have taken place in Congo, Somalia, Ethiopia, Chad, Mali, Zimbabwe, Angola and many more African countries. Tribal savagery and genocide has always been a way of life for Africans.

Since Mandela took over, South Africa has become a Third World country. It went from being the safest country in Africa, to being the rape and murder capital of the world. In Johannesburg, 5,000 people are murdered every year. Unemployment went from 5% in 1994 to 50% today.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Eddieme1

For any human to spend their lives growing up amonst nothing but hatred and anger. Also seeing people like themselves treated as lesser than other humans with atrocity after atrocity being commited against them all by one group of people.

Its beyond astonishing that anyone in that situation could find the strength to rise above the hatred to teach forgiveness and help unite a once divided nation. Regardless of what may have happened when he was younger his strength, courage and capacity to find love and forgiveness among all of that hate deserves recognition.

All humans are flawed but he had a strength beyond probably 99 percent of men in the world. Honestly he might be deserving o f considdring him among saints.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think most Americans are on the watch list.
At least the law abiding, tax paying, religious, ex military and people who can spell the word constitution are on it.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
double post
edit on 6-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Here are just a few links about NM that everyone should look at and be happy you are not a white woman in S.A.

www.livingscoop.com...

www.google.com...

babalublog.com...

www.livingscoop.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

alfa1
Convicted terrorist bomber, responsible for deaths by bombs.

This was not just an ordinary terrorist either...

Wrapped in bogus idealism, Jewish social & political activism largely serves the Illuminati's secret satanic agenda. Jewish activists are dupes or opportunists. The ANC, like Communism in general, deceived the masses into overthrowing the government and installing Illuminati puppets like Nelson Mandela. COMMUNISM IS A RUSE

Nelson Mandela is ... named as an MI6 agent who... allowed UK spying operations to be based in South Africa. Allegations of Mandela's recruitment by the British intelligence service ... revealed in a controversial new book, 'MI6: Fifty Years of Special Operations,' by the acclaimed intelligence expert Stephen Dorril. Mandela was MI-6 Agent

In other words, the world has been sold a bill of goods about Mandela. He wasn’t the saintly character portrayed by Morgan Freeman. He wasn’t someone fighting for racial equality. He was the leader of a violent, Communist revolution that has nearly succeeded in all of its grisly horror.

But don’t believe me. Instead, listen to Sonia Hruska. She was an early supporter of Mandela and worked in his administration. “After about six years,” Hruska said, “I realized something serious is wrong; the communist elements are taking over, it’s not what we were promised.” Don’t mourn for Mandela

Some VERY interesting Google search terms:

Illuminati, "The Elders" global village global elders

Richard Branson, Illuminati, "The Elders" Nelson Mandela Tutu Project Blue Beam

"The head of the Virgin Group, Richard Branson, who is one of the highest ranking Illuminati,"

Codex Magica - 21 Mandela elders illuminati

Dance with the Illuminati Mahala Nelson Mandela Freemason

Nelson Mandela and The Elders: A Facade for Another Masonic Lodge

Nelson Mandela was a 33 degree Freemason

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I give you a star for a little more information i was lacking.Thanks.
I Will check it out shortly.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Hellhound604
I am saddened by some of the posts about Madiba, by some of the people I most admire here on ATS, but I refuse to be drawn into a plotical and ideological debate about Madiba that would serve no purpose.
I just want to ask you all a single question. If you lived under a ridiculous system where your people had no rights at all, had no decent schooling, had to be out ofthe cities at night, had no voting rights, were treated like worms, how would you have reacted? And would you have had the courage after coming out of prison years later, to forgive those same opressors?

Well I wouldn't go around bombing innocent civilians that's for sure.

I'm sure the Devil has a special spot for Mandela.

new topics

top topics

join