It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient City Is Discovered Underwater. What They Found Will Change History Forever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Klassified

geo1066

Klassified
reply to post by geo1066

Check out Westo's links above. The Smithsonian has a piece written on it.

Thanks 'Klassified'. With the negative attitude I had earlier on this find, you got that cleared up for me.

-geo

It's understandable. Some things are too good to be true. Like flying saucers at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. lol.

Not so sure...We will probably never be told all, did they send a camera into the oval openings? Why have we not been told and shown if there was nothing there and in the pyramid shafts and in the magnetic anomaly in Lake Vostok could there be ruins down along it's shores from where there was no ice.

Antarctica's hidden Lake Vostok found to teem with life

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The discoveries are fascinating, but what I find even more fascinating is the fact that this city just disappeared like it did.

How deep is it underwater would be my first question?

And with today's understanding and technologies how in the hell can a city just disappear like that?

Perhaps a faulty tectonic plate?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

unexxed
www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-12-2013 by unexxed because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting this...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yea, first time posting on ATS...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great post!! I am new here, and I find this stuff fascinating!!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 123131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Maybe after a catastrophic event caused a world-wide flood, some places just never dried up and the mysterious Atlantis is a generic term for all submerged cities.

Oh and,

The first image in OP's link has an uncanny resemblance to a conehead alien.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
Can someone on here translate what it says?

I haven't brushed up on my egyptian as I'd like to , but I can give a rough translation:

"Welcome To Atlantis.
Home of the Mermaids, World's Best Seafood
Population: 300,000
Enjoy Your Stay!"

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

One of my friends had this articlce posted on his facebook page,the statues are amazing,God knows what else is down there.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

hurdygurdy
Maybe after a catastrophic event caused a world-wide flood, some places just never dried up and the mysterious Atlantis is a generic term for all submerged cities.

Oh and,

I think of the Coneheads with Dan Akroyd when I see those statues/paintings. I'm not sure if any aliens really have that conehead or not....but Egyptians most certainly did (royalty). They would wrap the infants head with wet cloth that would harden when it dries. For those who don't have children, when kids are born they have coneheads just like that. So the egyptians would wrap their heads to keep the pieces of skull from forming into place, and therefore they retain their coneheads, and it was supposed to be a sign of royalty.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Realtruth
The discoveries are fascinating, but what I find even more fascinating is the fact that this city just disappeared like it did.

And with today's understanding and technologies how in the hell can a city just disappear like that?

There was a massive earthquake in Crete in 365 AD. "Geologists today estimate the quake to have been a magnitude eight or higher,causing widespread destruction in central and southern Greece, northern Libya, Egypt, Cyprus, and Sicily. In Crete, nearly all towns were destroyed."

365AD Crete Earthquake

Shift in tectonic plates, Tsunami and land sinking??? It is a possible explanation. I wonder if that time frame applies here? I wonder if they can measure accurately the date the sinking happened?

edit on 6-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: typo.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Rosinitiate

I think it says:
Bird, Fish, Fish, Basket, Man, Eye, Owl, Cow, Fish, Fish.

It basically unlocks a cheat code on your game system.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Excellent find OP - S&F!!!

Yes, Virginia - there was an Atlantis!
(or at least an intelligent ancient
Atlantean 'type' civilization)

As a proponent of hidden archeology,
I took it upon myself to decipher
the mysterious tablet.

ENJOY

(..song kinda really does relay to
the ancient Egyptian 'book of dead' beliefs..)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I haven't watched it yet, but since the bottom of that article says there was a documentry about it i looked on youtube and this looks like the best one. let me know what you think.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Realtruth

On page 2 of thread CosmicDude links this

Submerged under 150 feet of water, the site sits in what is now the Bay of Aboukir. In the 8th Century BC, when the city is thought to have been built, it would have sat at the mouth of the River Nile delta as it opened up into the Mediterranean.
Scientists still have little idea what caused the city to slip into the water nearly 1,000 years later, but it is thought that gradual sea level rise combined with a sudden collapse of the unstable sediment the city was built on caused the area to drop by around 12 feet.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Just to add that the wiki article I linked to says that a tsunami hit hard on the Nile Delta where this city was.

I just have a feeling it is related to this sinking. The time frame is within a hundred years of their guess as to when it sank.

I am sure hoping they are still researching this and getting clearer data. Go geologists!!!

link   

HumAnnunaki

Excellent find OP - S&F!!!

Yes, Virginia - there was an Atlantis!
(or at least an intelligent ancient
Atlantean 'type' civilization)

As a proponent of hidden archeology,
I took it upon myself to decipher
the mysterious tablet.

ENJOY

(..song kinda really does relay to
the ancient Egyptian 'book of dead' beliefs..)

Top wings are wings of Rah I think

LINKY

the two figures depicted in the middle left appear to be one offering something to someone in a throne (a god, king?), I do not think that the slab here is in reference to the book of the dead though but thats based off me not seeing Annubus anywhere. Im no expert and there are other people more equipped to take a more in depth approach I am sure

link   

hurdygurdy

Oh and,

Before The Deludge ( the Great Flood )

Antediluvian
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
But but but...I thought there was a "conspiracy of knowledge" afoot?! I mean, if THEY are "hiding the truth about ancient Egypt from us" then why would this EVER have been brought to our attention? Gee, maybe because there is no conspiracy and as scientists and archaeologists find new things, they adjust their understanding accordingly? Yes, I lol'd...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

whatnext21
I would love to see a map of where this was discovered. I think the question is, what cataclysmic event caused this to go to the bottom of the sea.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join