It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Truth" is a lie. No one in the universe knows what it is. Not TPTB, not angels, demons or God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You may be some higher power, omnipotent supreme being, and think you know what The Truth is, but trust me, you don't. There's always going to be one level above you pulling the strings or instilled with more knowledge and wisdom. The universe, energy, soul and imagination are all infinite. The sooner you realize this, the sooner your paranoia and obsession about what is behind the curtain will quell. Who cares if we're living in the matrix or some grand illusion. The truth is, so are they.
edit on 6-12-2013 by genma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

genma
You may be some higher power, omnipotent supreme being, and think you know what The Truth is, but trust me, you don't. There's always going to be one level above you pulling the strings or instilled with more knowledge and wisdom. The universe, energy, soul and imagination are all infinite. The sooner you realize this, the sooner your paranoia and obsession about what is behind the curtain will quell. Who cares if we're living in the matrix or some grand illusion. The truth is, so are they. All we can do is go along with the ride.
edit on 6-12-2013 by genma because: (no reason given)

Is this the truth though??

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Exactly. Why pontificate on matters no one will ever be able to validate?

We have this life, let's live it!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Indeed, the only control any one of us has is controlling our own strings in life. Each day can be a new start.

zenhabits.net...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

So...

"We" have no idea what the truth is... but you do

So we should listen up...

gotcha...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

God is outside of truth, god CREATES truth and untruth. You speak fallacies when saying GOD does not even know. Thats just silly.

One could be an 'omnipotent supreme being' but..."theres always going to be someone else who knows more"... You are already contradicting yourself. C'mon now.
edit on 6-12-2013 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yawn....

I am glad you have it all figured out.

My quest for knowledge is over.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Guess I misunderstood the OP.

I thought the point was why bother searching for whatever "the truth" is? Not that the OP provided the answer.

Shows how everyone's perspective is different.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And here gives rise to Absurdism. We search for that which we (in our present state of consciousness) will never be able to understand....a quest for a phantom as it were. How I've tried, for over half a century - just to realise that the more I know, the more I realise that I don't know anything. Which leads me to ask the most profound of all philosophic questions..... "WTF?". Sit back and enjoy the show. PEACE.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

I believe the idea of "ranking up" applies.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

The first line of your thread explains to us YOU know the truth, right? About none of us knowing it.

So your point would appear MOOT because...to accept your point...no one... including you...knows the truth.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

If nobody knows the truth, how do you know that what you're saying is "The Truth"? How do you know that no one else knows "The Truth"?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have been sort of an apprentice for a long time. Usually with experience comes wisdom and you get wiser as you get older. I just turned 30 last month, and I still have a lot to learn from my father from college professors from " Adults". People who like Workaholics called it got " full grown man strength". And nowadays there are so many different fields of information, you can't grasp them all. And life is short, you go to work relax at the end of day sometimes don't have time to read up on all you should. I think that maybe be some of what the OP was getting at ?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

Sometimes I wonder if the 'best' answer to The Truth is: I Don't Know and I Don't Need To Know.

peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If god returned as a man and lived a normal life, how would he know that he was god?
If that same man was crazy enough to believe in himself and said to you, "i am god". Why would you believe him? I would say, "if your god you must have all the answers and speak the truth".
I suppose god being the all knowing, would then say "yes, i do", he would probably go on and say something very simple like, "what are the answers if nobody knows the truth"?
With a blank look on my face il probably reply "good point you could tell me anything as long as it made sense".
I would then walk away realising the truth is not our answer, the truth is anything we believe it to be. As a loving god the only truth I could speak is a life in love is never wrong because every life is different so believe in your self to believe in me as only you can change your world.
The only answer i could give would be my own but to be honest if i told you, you wouldn't understand so is it better left unsaid?

i would say no

1. TRUTH IS A LIE
1. THE POINT IS NO POINT
1. NO POINT HAS A POINT
3. NOTHING IS SOMETHING

1. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU'RE RIGHT THEN YOU'RE WRONG, IF YOU KNOW YOUR WRONG WHEN YOUR RIGHT. I BELIEVE IM RIGHT SO I KNOW THAT IM WRONG, WHAT AM I RIGHT OR WRONG?

1. WHAT'S THE POINT OF A POINT NOT MAKING A POINT ABOUT A POINT WHICH DOESN'T HAVE A POINT WHEN YOU GOT NO POINT TO POINT OUT IN THE FIRST PLACE? IF THERE WAS NO POINT WHY DID I MAKE ONE?

1. THE POINT IS TO MAKE A POINT ABOUT EVERY POINT INCLUDING THE POINT OF MAKING A POINT ABOUT A POINT WHICH DOESN'T HAVE A POINT BECAUSE NO POINT HAS THE BIGGEST POINT TO MAKE! WHATS MY POINT?

3. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NOTHING BECAUSE NOTHING IS SOMETHING. LIFE IS EVERYTHING APART FROM NOTHING BECAUSE NOTHING EXISTS FOREVER WITHOUT EXISTING. WHAT IS NOTHING AND SOMETHING THAT EXISTS FOREVER WITHOUT EXISTING?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I may not know it all, but I know some things. Enough to get by. As for the "truth..." Well, that's a slippery little worm.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: genma

Interesting, but short-sighted...and that's, seemingly, your point. But you have beliefs, some so strong that they're truths for you, at your level. Through your "ascension" you will be required to discard some truths to apprehend "greater" truths...spiral staircase.

Could there be a summit? Perhaps; but neither of us are in positions to "know" for sure. You'd be foolish to make such an assertion as "knowing" that there is no summit.

To gain the knowledge that we are in a grand illusion or matrix would necessarily require you to transcend it and look down upon it, so to speak. You may have the intuition to tell you this is so; but not yet the knowledge of it.

More important than the belief, is what the belief can do for you. Another way of stating it is - what will you do with that belief? If you will abandon your curiosity/imagination and be content with the illusion that you've "figured it out", then I'd suggest you made the wrong choice and you're destined to float on at your current "level". If, however, it doesn't dissuade you from exploring and "ascending", then you've made a necessary choice.

Just some of my...beliefs.

top topics

join