It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello to the RQ-180

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SonofaSkunk

Now now, fair is fair. If I have to wait for some of this information to come out, then so do you guys.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Fine. (Sniffs, kicks dirt.)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Still a wait of six months....that's not too bad is it really? I mean, we still haven't been allowed a view of Dark Spots bigger brother and FATE follow ons.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Here are some better pics, the 10th one down shows what it should look like.

imgur.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
May be all communication since a month about SR-72 and now RQ-180, it can be a start for a LRS-B fighting between the futur contractors and makers of the futur bomber. It start with a video of the 70th Skunk works anniversary and soon after a Northrop video with a mysterious triangular shadow at the end of the video. May be there is a competition in black for this futur bomber and a lobbying to win the contest. This contract is the bigger for this part of the century in military plane so we surely assist a great competition.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

10th one is the concepts for the Navy UCLASS.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darksidius

Haven't seen one from Boeing yet though.
Here's the pic from Lockheed.
www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

Haven't seen one from Boeing yet though.
Here's the pic from Lockheed.
www.flightglobal.com...

Page not found, go figure! lol

Thanks Obama!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Boeing and Lockheed are supposed to be in partnership again for the LRS-B program with Boeing taking the lead spot. So I think it will be NG vs. Boemartin for the LRS-B.

thedragonstales.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Ok I vote yes BoeMartin for the LRS-B a mix between a SR-72 and a stealth plane with a cost of 550 millions dollars each and with a hundred in command I sign

edit on 9-12-2013 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm really looking forward to the fly off. It'll be a nice little show for the companies involved and the USAF gets a new pair of toys.

Nicely.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

It's definitely going to be fun to watch. I'm going to pay close attention to this one.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Astr0

It's definitely going to be fun to watch. I'm going to pay close attention to this one.

I'd take a deck chair and some popcorn but I hazard a guess that high speed and high definition video cameras might not be welcome around the perimeter fence. I'm sure though the media roll out will be awesome.

edit on 9-12-2013 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm not really understanding, so this is already built and is flying? The first article says it is, but is that just a test model or do we have a few in the air?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Laxpla
I'm not really understanding, so this is already built and is flying? The first article says it is, but is that just a test model or do we have a few in the air?

Rest assured anyone who knows for sure won't be talking. History has shown people who claim to have the inside track are not very accurate. The Bird of Prey is a great example. Now to be fair, nobody expected the Bird of Prey to be manned, but then again, those with the inside track should have known this.

Reviewing the last dozen or so posts, they are one liners of the type the forum rules suggest you don't do.

My point is this: if you know something, just post it or keep your mouth shut. There really is no middle ground here. That is the way I roll.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
UAV...

1. Unmanned

This is the nuts and guts. All the public has seen that is unmanned is GPS route planning. Target, surveillance and all other smarts are remote control, not unmanned.

To be a true unmanned system, a target area will be loaded and constant threats and target updates will be understood by the machine, this will be a mix of static data, sattelite and radio live updates from numerous sources. The machine will make a decision on the available information, lack of data, the machine will go around.

To be unmanned the machine will need to recognise a few human trends,

a. The value of life (not perform suicidal moves)
b. Survival of humans (aim your craft out to sea or land in a field if you are fooked)

Recognise Friend or Foe - beyond a radio wave

OOOPS! Sorry im off to bed,
edit on 10-12-2013 by SirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
In the concept of the long range strike family ancient article speak about 1 or 2 enablers, with the futur Bomber it may be something like the RQ-180 ?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Whatever it is they are showing you ( us ) its nothing amazing. What we see is blatant that a RQ180 exists, but its only doing what the U2 is still doing!

What exactly is it that this aircraft can do that we, cant already do.

Shoot.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

darksidius
In the concept of the long range strike family ancient article speak about 1 or 2 enablers, with the futur Bomber it may be something like the RQ-180 ?

First strike is a cold war relic - we dont want nuclear war, F-117 is probably more advanced than china and russia, 25 years since it was revealed but 45 years since its development...what did Russia and China do???

Subs...forget it, you cant beat USA, China 0 - Russia, who knows but not wandering past Scotland..

So what is your thinking, a Stealth Nuclear Bomber...yeah, after closing the cold war, the west want an invisible first strike weapon..and if they do...I will join the other side.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

SirDrinksalot

darksidius

So what is your thinking, a Stealth Nuclear Bomber...yeah, after closing the cold war, the west want an invisible first strike weapon..and if they do...I will join the other side.

Bone up on your Russian, comrade. The US already has two or three stealth cruise missiles. As what is the B-2 other than a stealth nuclear capable bomber?

A bomber isn't a long endurance aircraft, so it would not have wings as large as the RQ-180.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join