It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ ATS’ers Christmas Stories ~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hi All!

I’m going to share a story of mine from the first Christmas I can remember & I hope you have a moment to share a story of your own! There’s so much rush going on, so much hate in the world, it's just nice to take a moment and share what Christmas is all about.

I hope you can play the vid and listen as you read along!

peace

~ Merry Christmas * Peace On Earth ~

The first Christmas I remember had Angels. Real ones. Playing trumpets. From the clouds above the church no less.

My Grandma had me dressed in a new (used) Christmas dress with leggings and little white anklets - when you folded them over a pretty stripe of red ribbon showed like a candy cane. I’d gotten them along with a new pair of red mittens in my stocking. I especially liked my mittens cause they were not threaded together with a length of yarn. Grandpa said he knew I’d be careful and not lose them.

I was 4.

We reached the church that massive building my hand in Grandpa‘s of course.
For me? I half adored and half loathed Sundays. The songs and stain glass windows were wonderful but I had to leave Grandpa during grownup service and go with the little kids to get plastic cups of apple juice that smelled funny, stale cookies and a bible story. I wanted to stay with Grandpa.

We had a ‘Christmas Snow’ that year - Seattle mostly got rain - so it was pretty special and I liked the sound of it crunching under my black patent leather shoes but I didn’t like the cold it gave my toes.

Nearing the steps marching up to the huge double door entrance to the foyer I heard them.

Trumpets. Angel trumpets coming from way up in the sky.

I stopped short in my tracks giving my Grandfather a bit of a jerk on his arm and for that I got my Grandma’s frown - she was always afraid Grandpa would fall down and embarrass her.

For once I didn’t care about Grandma’s displeasure - I had my head in the clouds, my neck twisted way up cause I could hear Angels but I couldn’t see them.

I asked Grandpa if the Angels were playing for baby Jesus’s birthday.
He nodded that they certainly were and waited while I listened.
I asked him if Angles were real.
He nodded again and smiled down from under his new felt hat.

We listened to the whole fanfare of 'Angels we have heard on high' and when the angels were finished Grandpa and I walked into church together. Grandma had gone on ahead.

That Christmas I got to stay with my Grandpa during grownup service - and every Sunday after that.

~ Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Men ~
~ For on this day a Savior is Born, Christ the Lord ~

edit on 6-12-2013 by silo13 because: vid fix

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Here's another great version of the tune - but no trumpets!

peace

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Great read-well done!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

silo13

~ Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Men ~
~ For on this day a Savior is Born, Christ the Lord ~

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great story OP. I enjoyed reading it. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

S&F

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It was Christmas day, I was eighteen years old, and I was doing some preparations for the feast to come. The phone rings, I pick it up, and its my Girlfriends ex boyfriend, calling to tell me that she will be dumping me, and getting back with him. I can hear her in the background, making a half hearted attempt to stop the phone call. After delivering that bombshell, he says "Oh, and Pete... Merry *bleep*ing Christmas!" before putting down the phone.

I got uproariously drunk, and had a great Christmas and New Year!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

So does that mean it all worked out well?
Sweeet!
Merry Christmas!

peace

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It all worked out for the best... I got drunk, no more cheating *insert unsavory language here*, and a damned fine time had as a result!

new topics

top topics

join