It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wormholes are just quantum entangled black holes, says new research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Two separate research groups, one of which is from MIT, have presented evidence that wormholes — tunnels that may allow us to travel through time and space — are “powered” by quantum entanglement. Furthermore, one of the research groups also postulates the reverse — that quantum entangled particles are connected by miniature wormholes.

Wormholes are just quantum entangled black holes, says new research

This reminds me of the method of power generation that the Romulans employed in Star Trek, they used quantum entanglement, miniature Black Holes to power there Warbirds. Guess todays science fiction really may be tomorrow's science fact!

edit on 6-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Yea if you could find the different vectors', and would be able to develop away to enlarge a minuscule hole in space/time, but I don't know what you would use for guidance control.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Maybe you would need two Black hole's close enough it would case misrule rip's hole's in space/time.

Plus these worm hole's are not hard fact. unless you know something , I'm not aware of.

But, to a lot off these type things , you would need, the capacity to just rip a hole or distort space/time, the energy would seem great , to do such a thing.

Plus i think you would need a bubble of pure thought, to cross the abyss.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

A bubble of pure thought as in entirely made of thought or as in purest intentions of thought?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It makes me wonder how some of these people come up with all this information on black holes and other wonders in the universe from here on Earth with telescopes and simulations from data but without a starship. I like hearing all the different theories but I cannot put the idea out of my head that sometimes they just make it up as they go along.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

Yea, kind of like the movie " Dune " .
Like that thing in the tank, that could warp space.

That's all we need is one of them.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
From the article:

Wormholes, though, have never been observed — and while we’ve done a lot of theorizing about how a wormhole might work, and how they fit into general relativity, we’re still talking in purely theoretical terms.

I would love to get paid to sit around and make this theoretical crap up.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

StratosFear
It makes me wonder how some of these people come up with all this information on black holes and other wonders in the universe from here on Earth with telescopes and simulations from data but without a starship. I like hearing all the different theories but I cannot put the idea out of my head that sometimes they just make it up as they go along.

I would agree, but for the fact that these people tend to be right. Their minds do not work like ours, they see things other people can't. Theory is always far ahead because we lack the technology to test the theory. Many people said the Higgs Boson would not be found, yet it was .... 50 years after it was first theorized. Imagine being able to see the Universe in such a way that it takes 50 years for technology to catch up and see what you imagined.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

StratosFear

It's called science.....Look it up!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

StratosFear

They dont make it up but ill make it easy for you to understand how they do it. Ever played with lego blocks? Well legos can be put together in lots of different ways but they always connect together the same way and you can only use the pieces you have.From these legos you have alot of diffrent things you can make. This is physics we learn how connections are made then we use the pieces we have to see what you can make. Every now and then we discover a new piece and tada we can make something else.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Not a bad analogy .. except these people are able to envision what lego blocks will look like, how they fit together, and what will be built, BEFORE the blocks are ever discovered and proven to exist. That is why their accomplishments are truly marvelous.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

OOOOOO

Yea, kind of like the movie " Dune " .
Like that thing in the tank, that could warp space.

That's all we need is one of them.

See also: Rosie O'Donnell.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I am inclined to think wormholes and quantum entanglement are of the same ilk and this quote sums it up, ie it is the perception of 3/4/5/Dimensional models that is the variant.

www.extremetech.com...

Furthermore, though, related research also postulates that it’s actually wormholes that link entangled particles together — it is thanks to wormholes in space and time that quantum entanglement can create “spooky action at a distance.” Two of the researchers, Kristan Jensen and Andreas Karch, suggest that entanglement and wormholes are actually one and the same — just entanglement works in the fourth dimension, while wormholes need a model of the universe that has five dimensions.

I strongly believe in other dimensions and I also strongly believe in such particles, and that these are accessible to some in some sort of way, either by accessing other dimensions or some other sort of communication that is beyond current science knowledge.
edit on 9-12-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

squarehead666

StratosFear

It's called science.....Look it up!

Aeronautical engineer dude, enjoy fondling your ovaries while you troll elsewhere. I work in an environment were we have the luxury of actually testing any "theories" that come up. However in my "science" we typically have raw data we can collect just about whenever we want without and can produce actual results.

new topics

top topics

join