It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela has died RIP Madiba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi guys

It is with sadness and a heavy heart that I tell you

Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95.

South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95.

Mr Mandela led South Africa's transition from white-minority rule in the 1990s, after 27 years in prison for his political activities.

He had been receiving intensive medical care at home for a lung infection after spending three months in hospital.

Announcing the news on South African national TV, President Jacob Zuma said Mr Mandela was at peace.

"Our nation has lost its greatest son," Mr Zuma said.

A great man and a true visionary

The Nobel Peace Prize laureate was one of the world's most revered statesmen after preaching reconciliation despite being imprisoned for 27 years.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said he was "a giant for justice and a down-to-earth human inspiration".

"Many around the world were greatly influenced by his selfless struggle for human dignity, equality and freedom. He touched our lives in deeply personal ways."

Source
What can I say ?

RIP Madiba

ETA Sorry for such a short post, about such a great man but I'm on my phone.

Cody

edit on 6/12/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

RIP. A true hero.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just got home and had CNN break in with the news.

It is very sad.

He was a great Man.

History books for generations will read about him and be inspired.

Oh this happened earlier. I thought I was watching breaking news.

edit on 6-12-2013 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
and the existing thread is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Really - hadn't heard about it?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It is a great loss of a great man.

And not to be disrespectful of the loss but I could almost swear he has died at least 4 more times already. I do realize how that sounds. But I KNOW I have heard about him dying on the news before, and thought even then that he was already dead. It's an eerie feeling I have and it sounds psychotic I am sure. I just can't shake the feeling that I have seen this play out a few times before.

Sorry Cody... I don't want to cause thread drift here. Just wanted to share.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

No problem

Like the avatar by the way

Apparently there is a thread already but search isn't working here.

Drift away to your hearts content

Cody

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

What about the second shooter? Any info on him/her?
edit on 6-12-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thank you. I like my avatar too.... He is rather spiffy.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

cody599
Hi guys

It is with sadness and a heavy heart that I tell you

Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95.

South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95.

Mr Mandela led South Africa's transition from white-minority rule in the 1990s, after 27 years in prison for his political activities.

He had been receiving intensive medical care at home for a lung infection after spending three months in hospital.

Announcing the news on South African national TV, President Jacob Zuma said Mr Mandela was at peace.

"Our nation has lost its greatest son," Mr Zuma said.

A great man and a true visionary

The Nobel Peace Prize laureate was one of the world's most revered statesmen after preaching reconciliation despite being imprisoned for 27 years.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said he was "a giant for justice and a down-to-earth human inspiration".

"Many around the world were greatly influenced by his selfless struggle for human dignity, equality and freedom. He touched our lives in deeply personal ways."

Source
What can I say ?

RIP Madiba

ETA Sorry for such a short post, about such a great man but I'm on my phone.

Cody

edit on 6/12/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

When I see stuff I really have to wonder if 90% of the human race is living in caves or under rocks. Mandela was terrorist, he killed innocent people. Is this world so dysfunctional that people can't even recognize when something is wrong? Just because the IMF/UN/massmedia say something is the opposite of what it actually is does not change reality.

Mandela was a terrorist, a murderer, a bomb maker, a traitor to both his own people and all of South Africa, he killed his own people as well to get them to "see things his way" and you think he should be glorified? He was used as a rabid puppet by the IMF and the UN in order to put a corrupt marxist/terrorist regime in charge of South Africa so that they could pay politicians off easily and do a bit of extra "resource raping." Ask Oppenheimer, "the engine behind the ANC," look what they (ANC/deBeers/Anglo American) have done to Namibia (used to be SWA).

Do some research! I did, but I also lived there for four years and even at the time that assclown got out of Robyn Island ;-) You know where he went as soon as he got out? For more marxist indoctrination in Russia!

Unfortunately we are going hearing lies, revisionist history and garbage about mandela, the man who did nothing, until the end of time, or whenever entropy winds down the known universe, whichever comes first.

Mandela can rot in hell, it's where he belongs.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/6.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

cody599
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

No problem

Like the avatar by the way

Apparently there is a thread already but search isn't working here.

Drift away to your hearts content

Cody

Search isnt working But it is at the top of the flagged section..

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
A sad day for humanity, hopefully he can reincarnate and help another generation
edit on 6-12-2013 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts in this thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join