It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuppacabra a reptile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My Best friend has always claimed to have seen a 2 to 3 foot reptile run across the road behind the van he was riding in . He was looking out the back window , as the vehicle stopped at a stop sign, and saw a creature go across the road , behind the Van.

His description was of a 2 to 3 ft tall reptile w/ scales , that was bi-pedal, and was scary looking w/ eye's glowing red in the red brake lights . He used the word "demon" in his account.

I have always been interested in his story , and think that it was most likely a Chuppa!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How old was he when he saw it?

Where did he see it?

How long did he see it?

How far away was it?

How fast was it moving?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
notice how you said that he said that "its eyes were glowing red in the RED BRAKE LIGHTS!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
maybe it was a... hmm. hm.. hrmn.... FOX?! COYOTE?! DEER?! ELK?! RACOON?! SQUIRREL?!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Where exactly was this ? - I have seen some lizards running on their back legs only and they would appear in just this manner.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Actually, there were published reports sometime last year of some people claiming to have seen a bi-pedal lizard, 2 to 3 feet tall in the South-Western USA. Nothing ever caim of the claims however, no photographs and no further sightings. (I assume).

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I think Basilisks (sic?) run with their hind legs, they're moderately sized reptiles as well.

Or maybe it's just an overgrown frilled lizard.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
CHupacabra is monster created by the greys.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This Happened in North Texas . I know that i said " eye's glowed red in brake lights " I'm not stupid , its was just the way the story was related to me so i told it . I know that most eye's will reflect red in red light !
Also we don't have Frilled lizards here or any other type of large lizard .

He was around 12 years old .
He only saw it for about the lenth of time you would spend parked at a stop sign.
It was soppossedly about 10 or so feet from the back of the vehicle.
And i have no idea about its speed.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
An escaped basilisk or frillneck lizard pet perhaps. although neither is 3 ft tall. folk tend to exagerate dimensions/proportions, particular from memory of a very breif encounter. Any animals eyes will reflect in the dark. Whatever the chuppa is im sure its a misidentified animal of some sort.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
oh my god you dumb ... a 12 year old is going to exagerate alot , the RED brake lights , and their are over 50 species of lizards that run on their back legs. and anyway the chupacabra is supposedly a nocturnal animal with spikes or protrusions along its back and leathery wings.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek911_psycho
oh my god you dumb ... a 12 year old is going to exagerate alot
If he was a 3-7 year old I would understand your concern, but I think a 12 year old would start to exxagerate less.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i emailed the main website for the Jersey Devil Hunters about 2 weeks ago...no answer yet but what i asked was if the Chupacabra would have any connection to the Jersey Devil..

They both seem very familiar with each other, ones just further away, and has wings...two totally different stories but somehow i was wondering if they would be connected..they both tend to do the same things

does anybody else think they have a connection?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
oh and uh, there is a lozard called the collared lizard i think(correct me if i have the name wrong) that usually runson only its back two legs. this thin g your friend saw could have been something related to this lizard

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well it was obviously night or atleast evening, since if its daylight you wont see reflection from brakelights red or otherwise, unless it was very very close to rear of the van, even then any daylight even late afternoon diffuses any light from a brakelight. Couldve been anything.

Q. Why did the chuppa cross the road?...............ASk the chicken!

ID

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I hate posting quotes from other threads as I feel some may perceive it as shameless self promotion, however, I started a thread a while ago that dealt with El Chupacabra and many other Bipedal Reptilian Sightings. In the post I attempted to find similarities between these sightings. Below are portions of two of my posts that I feel relate to this thread, the first is an overview of the El Chupacabra phenomenon, and the second describes two real-life bipedal Reptiles already mentioned in this thread.

Originally posted by ID
El Chupacabra:

El Chupacabra is commonly described as being between three to five feet in height, having kangaroo-like hind legs, large glowing red eyes, and a row of spines down the center of its back. Its name translated means The Goat Sucker as this is its most common prey. El Chupacabra is famous for draining the blood from its victims using small bite marks; there marks have ranged in number, usually from two to four marks. No foot prints are ever found surrounding the animal’s carcass and there have been several instances where surrounding animals, including guard dogs, do not become alarmed during these attacks which can happen as quickly as fifteen minutes. El Chupacabra’s first reported attack was in 1956 in the town of Oracle Arizona approximately 35 miles west of Tucson; this attack began numerous “kangaroo Vampire” sightings in the Midwest. In the early 1970’s El Chupacabra made its way to Brownsville Texas where a cattle rancher found his bull drained of all its blood, there were no tracks surrounding the body. In the mid 1970’s El Chupacabra moved to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas. It was responsible for a large number of cattle mutilations that are often blamed on either condors or Extra Terrestrials again livestock was found drained of all blood with no tracks in the general vicinity. In the year 1993 The Goat Sucker moves up to Jersey where numerous witnesses claim to have seen a kangaroo like beast with red eyes. However these sightings may be more Jersey Devil related but the jury is still out on that. In 1994 El Chupacabra finally lands in Puerto Rico and claims more prey, the sightings and victims are spermatic in nature occurring at odd intervals. In 1995 El Chupacabra attacks are reported in Klamath Falls Oregon and Torriclla Baja Region, not to mention that in this year El Chupacabra fully invades Puerto Rico striking in Cavanos, Cagus, Guanica, Naguabo, and San German. El Chupacabra is spotted over thirty Five times in a three moth period in the territory of Puerto Rico. In 1996 El Chupacabra attacks in Miami Florida where it killed over forty animals, Isabella county Michigan, Klamath Falls Oregon, Rio Grande Valley Texas, Juarez Mexico, Calderon Village Sinalo Mexico, Sonora Mexico, and Chiapas Mexico. In 1999 El Chupacabra is witnessed and reported only in the El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico. In the year 2000, aside from continued attacks in Puerto Rico, El Chupacabra is blamed for the deaths of hundreds of animals in Calama Chile which lies approximately 72 miles from the capital.

Originally posted by ID
Instar: Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that is a picture of Basiliscus plumifrons, a lizard inhabiting Ecuador and the southern tip of Mexico. The Basilisk is able to run on water at speed of over 7 miles per hour. The strength of its legs combined with even distribution of its feet allow the Basilisk to move without breaking the surface film of the water for short periods of time.

Another lizard that should be mentioned is Chlamydosaurus kingii or the frilled lizard that resides in grassy areas of Australia and is able to run on its hind legs at fairly high speeds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again, I apologies for simply quote posting, but one of the reasons I wrote that thread was so that every time someone asked about El Chupacabra I would not have to re-type a similar overview.

lost_shaman: While the story you have provided does seem to mesh with previous accounts of El Chupacabra, it seems far too vague to have any real substance. This is not to say that your associate did not see something unusual but simply that his age at the time and the amount of time since the sighting have diminished the level of detail.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I know a lot about chuppas. As a matter of fact I am one. I was in Charlie Flight and we were the Charlie Chupacabra Commandos. Never screw with a commando chupacabra.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
this is definetly a real animal, i live in south texas and we have a ranch near the border of mexico, not only have we had a few of our animals killed but people in the area have also experienced the same thing, in mexico its not even a myth its a fact, they actually have warning on the radio telling the ranch owners where the animal was last spotted and for people to lock up the animals or stay in thier house, this was a very serious problem a few years back, its been pretty calm for the last two years on our ranch though, il ask my uncle if he still has any photos, we used to take pictures of the dead animals so we could file police reports since it wasnt a natural death, but yeah man the animal is real

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well like I said I didn't see it personally , but my friend isn't the kinda guy to lie about this type of thing.

The story as I remember it is vague, but I thought this is the place to throw something like that out there.

We are talking Chupacabra's anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
According to Aboriginal tradition, a 'horny-skinned goanna bunyip" is said to have existed in New South Wales and elsewhere across Australia under a variety of different names in the long-ago Dreamtime. It was described as being of enormous size and smelling "terrible". Their rock engravings and cave paintings across the continent clearly depict these and other reptilian monsters, but more on that matter later.

Aboriginal rock engravings depicting Megalania near Sydney and the central coast of New South Wales date as recently as 3,000 years-the age of some fossil fragments of the creatures found in various parts of eastern Australia, if not elsewhere.

We now turn to the north coastal and inland districts of New South Wales where Aboriginal people from most ancient times were well-acquainted with the giant monitors which they called "Mungoon Galli".

However, they appear to have confused these up-to-30-foot-long reptiles with another, larger beast, which they claimed to have reached the astounding length of 50 feet! That such a monstrous form could still survive out there in those wilds seems preposterous, but there are Aborigines who claim they do!

Even if extinct today, perhaps long ago in ice-age times, and earlier, such a species existed. And, if so, perhaps its fossil remains may yet turn up. These monsters were monitors in every detail. Aborigines say their legs were as much as six to seven feet tall when standing and in the walking position. They had a massive head at least four feet in length and a long thick neck, much like a monitor's, which reached a length of around 10 feet. The body reached about 20 feet in length, matched by a long thick tail of the same length.

"These monster-goannas once roamed the whole continent far back in the Dreamtime. Our people used to hunt these monsters in big parties, but hunters had to be careful; for if you were caught, these big fellas would pick you up in their mouths and eat you," said one old Taree Aborigine to a researcher back in the early 1950s.

Like their smaller 30-foot counterparts, they were said to overturn trees of reasonable size. Even today, when a large tree is heard to fall in the forest depths by day or night, Aborigines will say it is the work of a "Mungoon Galli".

Over the years some people have claimed to have found massive footprints of these creatures, but if so, no photographs or casts have been forthcoming. But there are genuine traditions of the monsters among the Aborigines, and until the terrain in which they are said to live can be explored properly, let us at least keep an open mind on the matter.

Aborigines say that strange noises heard near waterholes and certain forest areas near Taree and back of Kempsey are the sounds made by giant monitors, and they will not go anywhere near these places for fear of being caught and eaten by one of these reptiles.

There is a story from the Cessnock district about an incident said to have taken place in late December 1978. In a far paddock on his property, a farmer spotted a gigantic goanna-looking reptile ripping up a cow with its massive jaws and teeth.

The farmer (who did not wish his name to be known) was in a Jeep at the time. He raced off for the house and phoned up mates who, within the hour, descended on the property with their cattle dogs in pick-ups and Land-Rovers, armed with rifles. The location borders swamplands on the edge of thick-forested valleys and mountain country, and it was from there that the monster had obviously emerged.

By the time the search party arrived, all they could find was the half eaten cow, much blood, and many large indistinct tracks in the grassy ground. However, other squashed-about tracks and the marks of a massive tail could be seen on the swamp edge leading into the water. The dogs, as well as the men, refused to go any further.

/scott

just hope it wasnt a baby reptilian enslaver lmfao

new topics

top topics

join