It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live Debate Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I would like to see a new ATS Live show modeled after the debate forum.

I would like to hear a weekly show that debates popularly discussed topics by members. This would be amazing to listen to and very very informative.

Yes i understand most of the ATS shows have a lot of debate in them but they are not formally debate. I think it would be very interesting if members were given x amount of time to prepare for the debate and debate it formally with a moderator and everything.

Anyway you get the jist.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

That was the original premise of Reality Remix, when Dave, Druid and I were getting it going, because we'd beaten each other up in the Debate Forum for the past year, but we came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be practical. You need too many people rotating around, they need to be articulate and quick on their feet, and they'd have to do that week after week.

By all means, though, give it a shot -- that was just our perspective.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Why does it have to be a show every week?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
adjensen is correct. We tossed the idea around but it seemed that it would be just as difficult to produce a "debate" show each week as it was to keep up on the actual debate forums.

Would you consider a debate segment on one of the existing shows? If you could organize a debate between two members, perhaps we could designate half an hour or so on Reality Remix. And we could continue to do so when we had members willing to debate. That way it would not have to be every week.

I'd be willing to toss my hat in the ring to get the ball rolling.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You guys just wussed because I would have kicked your butts!

(kidding, I've lost every debate with these guys)

But a one time topic challenge might be cool!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It doesnt have to be every show.

When you can do a show you do them otherwise you stick to regular show content.

How about a debate segment(1 hour) then a debate discussion. Then regular scheduled programming next show.
edit on 5-12-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm just a regular guest on the show, but I like the idea.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Despite Beezer's modesty, we are a team and would have to discuss it as a team.....but I like the idea as well. It could be a "special" show.

Since it's your idea, do you have people lined up to debate on the show or could you do the leg work to organize it? We could help take care of the other aspects.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I have nothing organized but i could potentially organize it. I literally had the idea two minutes before i post it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Well, if you can get something organized we can go from there. The most important part is finding members that want to participate. If you can find em, the rest is gravy.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm with Dave and Beez -- if you want to put something together, we'll be happy to carve you out some time. You can either do it live, or pre-record something (until you get your legs under you, probably better to do the latter, though the former is more fun.)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I can see it now...

In this corner. Weighing in at a hefty...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Klassified
I can see it now...

In this corner. Weighing in at a hefty...

Just say it.

I have fat thighs.

*sobs*

*runs away*

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, but you weigh in carrots. The rest of us have to weigh in pounds.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Too bad I can't give stars on this thread

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The biggest issue is finding members who are willing to participate. we tried to organize audio debates years ago and nobody stepped up. We had several commitments but when people realized how much work goes into doing something well it fell apart.

I'd be impressed if you all could pull off one solid audio debate. the challenge is to find two members who are articulate and prepared and get them to do it. If you did, it might inspire others to throw their hat in the ring.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hmmm, your probably right its very difficult to organize debates.

Maybe we could organize debate teams to alleviate responsibility on the individual.

It doesn't have to be all the time, with proper marketing techniques we can produce a serious debate.

I am more then willing to participate on any level, it seems like a few members in this thread are to so lets organize two teams and lets pick a hot topic on ATS.

I am going to do some research on how a correctly run team debate is format.

EDIT. -This doesn't have to be something we do every week guys. We can work with Semper and Nef/ Site Admin and create a marketing platform for each debate.

edit on 6-12-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Here is another idea.

I am in process of starting a podcast with a friend of mine who runs a jiu-jitsu apparel company. Here are a few things that i'll be doing.

I am an expert in striking (boxing specifically) and he is about to belt black in BJJ. We are combining our knowledge and resources together to create subscription based content on our website to help fund the podcast.

With his resources in the BJJ community and the fighters his company sponsors we are going to have them guest host the podcast and request they do a 15 minute technical breakdown of their favorite technique for fighting. We are then going to add the technique into the subscription side of the website. So here is were im taking this with ATS.....

If we create a highly organized debate team podcast with ATS Live, with enough quality to the debate could we sell the podcast on Itunes for $0.99 to help create incentives for debate team members?

The ATS Admin can help review content quality and produce the cast to adhere to ATS quality standards.

Just an idea.
edit on 6-12-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

top topics

join