It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan is Santa .. does the symbology work for the bad guys

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

He knows when you are sleeping.

He knows when you're awake.

He knows when you've been bad or good.

He also keeps a list of Who's been Naughty and Nice.

Dang... Does he work for the NSA?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Gooseygander
I am a bit slow on the uptake but have been around here a few years

If you all knew this then wow. I read about satanism and it having to be in the open sometimes

Is xmas and santa the biggest anti christ con we know.. certainly made me shake

You here some of you teach about symbology, and black magic is the same as white but inverted or rearranged .. is santa bad ?

Brian

Except for Santa came from Saint Nicholas.

The Dutch came over, then he was Americanized, and we have Santa.

I have a huge issue with you calling him a Satanist on St. Nicholas Day.

December 6 St. Nicholas Day

I am one of the few Americans who put their shoes in front of their door to find presents and candy.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Except he's more pagan rather than Dutch.

Who Is Santa Claus

We have to go back a bit find the pagan legend and myth associated with Santa. One of the first places to start is with the Germanic people and the Norse God Odin. The 13th Century Poetic Edda is a complication of stories and poems from Scandinavian history, some as early 985AD. In this work and from Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda we learn about Odin riding an eight-legged horse named Sleipnir, that can leap great distances. At Yule, Odin leads a great hunting party through the sky in celebration. This story gives rise to comparisons of Santa and his 8 reindeer flying through the sky.

There's more but I don't want to post all that text.

The Dutch pretty much only adopted the name.

Santa gets his name from Dutch legend in the form of Sinter Klaas or "Sinterklaas". Historical documents suggest that Sinter was brought by settlers to New York in the 17th century. As early as 1773 the name appeared in the American press as "St. A Claus," but it was the popular author Washington Irving who gave Americans their first detailed information about the Dutch version of Saint Nicholas. In his History of New York, published in 1809 under the pseudonym Diedrich Knickerbocker, Irving described the arrival of the saint on horseback (unaccompanied by Black Peter) each Eve of Saint Nicholas.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Except he's more pagan rather than Dutch.

Who Is Santa Claus

We have to go back a bit find the pagan legend and myth associated with Santa. One of the first places to start is with the Germanic people and the Norse God Odin. The 13th Century Poetic Edda is a complication of stories and poems from Scandinavian history, some as early 985AD. In this work and from Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda we learn about Odin riding an eight-legged horse named Sleipnir, that can leap great distances. At Yule, Odin leads a great hunting party through the sky in celebration. This story gives rise to comparisons of Santa and his 8 reindeer flying through the sky.

There's more but I don't want to post all that text.

The Dutch pretty much only adopted the name.

Santa gets his name from Dutch legend in the form of Sinter Klaas or "Sinterklaas". Historical documents suggest that Sinter was brought by settlers to New York in the 17th century. As early as 1773 the name appeared in the American press as "St. A Claus," but it was the popular author Washington Irving who gave Americans their first detailed information about the Dutch version of Saint Nicholas. In his History of New York, published in 1809 under the pseudonym Diedrich Knickerbocker, Irving described the arrival of the saint on horseback (unaccompanied by Black Peter) each Eve of Saint Nicholas.

It would be very hard to pinpoint who came up with the original Santa, or the Santa predecessor.

PPG place in Pittsburgh has life sized displays from santas all around the world that come as women, actual elves, some are mean, some are nice, not human at all, all sorts of sizes.

In a nutshell, every culture has one.

But you solidified what I said that the Europeans brought st. nick who was turned into Santa. Or satan if you are the poster. sigh

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

True, Santa and Christmas are really amalgamation of many different cultures and traditions, but most of the concepts for Santa come from pagan worship. The reason I stress this is because the OP is making an analogy towards Satan. Going along this line of thinking, it is another Christian demonizing a pagan god or demi-human, which has happened to just about EVERY pagan god or demi-human.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

natalia
reply to post by Gooseygander

His name was Saint Nicholas ...not trying to be rude but you could search the internet and find out who he was.
Here's one link www.biography.com...
He was a man who gave to the needy and it flourished from there.

At first I thought it was wrong to tell my kid that Santa was coming but it's fun for him. I told him last year at age 7 that Santa was pretend and told him about the real man.
Eta--also as a kid I had a blast with thinking that Santa was coming. And when I found out that he wasn't real, Christmas was still the same...I celebrate Jesus' birth.
And pretending is fun...being young at heart is more fun than being 'grown up'
edit on 5-12-2013 by natalia because: Added eta

Why is the famale term of Saint used? Santo is male Santa Female

santo(a) (sustantivo masculino o femenino)

I think anything that encourages a person to lie to their kids is not a good thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Actually I answered that question in this post a few posts above yours. Read the second bit of quoted text for the answer. (Basically it boils down to Americans not bothering to learn the proper pronunciation, surprise surprise...)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

True, Santa and Christmas are really amalgamation of many different cultures and traditions, but most of the concepts for Santa come from pagan worship. The reason I stress this is because the OP is making an analogy towards Satan. Going along this line of thinking, it is another Christian demonizing a pagan god or demi-human, which has happened to just about EVERY pagan god or demi-human.

OH! I see where you are coming from now. Ok, burn him then.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Char-Lee

Actually I answered that question in this post a few posts above yours. Read the second bit of quoted text for the answer. (Basically it boils down to Americans not bothering to learn the proper pronunciation, surprise surprise...)

That is not an American problem, lol.

It is a natural evolution of linguistics that words and meanings can change over time. When was the last time that you have heard someone say snowbroth?

Once upon a time, there were gales of laughter when Frank Spencer in Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em pronounced harass with the emphasis on the second syllable.

Now, according to the British Library, evidence suggests that for people under the age of 35, it is becoming the favoured pronunciation.

BBC

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

I looked it up a few years ago. I remember Santa being associated with a demon called Sinterclaus. Not sure if that's spelt right, but this demon would kidnap children. In certain mythologies, elves are also thought to be demons or evil spirits. Santa sneaks down the chimney. Chimney=fire. Fire =devil right?
Saint nick is another name for the devil. The meaning of the mistle toe has pagan origins. Santa has his home in the cold north. In movies, many times you will see the villain descending from a desolate cold region. The Ho Ho Ho phrase came from the devil. hmm what else..Santa is bad ass! here is a link that shows him to be the great imposter, dethroning Jesus, if your interested.
www.biblebelievers.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Gooseygander
I am a bit slow on the uptake but have been around here a few years

If you all knew this then wow. I read about satanism and it having to be in the open sometimes

Is xmas and santa the biggest anti christ con we know.. certainly made me shake

You here some of you teach about symbology, and black magic is the same as white but inverted or rearranged .. is santa bad ?

Brian

Well, .....

1. Switch around the letters, and you can make one name from the letters of the other.

2. From reading in an old encyclopedia set, about the two most probable candidates for St. Nicholas, I discovered that, for BOTH, no certain date of death is known.

3. St. Nick........Old Nick? Common nickname (no pun intended) for Satan.

4. He sneaks into homes in the middle of the night, by some unknown means, which can't be natural. Come on, a really fat guy, down a chimney?

5. Flying reindeer....and demons are called "powers of the air" in the Bible.

6. He wears red, a color commonly used in Satanism.

7. He knows things he shouldn't be able to know; who has been naughty, what they want, etc.

8. He leaves coal for bad kids. Cola for fire? Hell fire?

9. Both Santa and Satan are considered to be mere myths by much of the world.

10. He comes at Christmas, and is THE focus for many, instead of the focus being on the Savior.

11. He runs around with elves. Elves! How many people, throughout the centuries of folklore, did elves take? Elves = demons??

I am sure there is something I left off this. So, off to read the rest of the posts, and see what I missed!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Char-Lee
Why is the famale term of Saint used? Santo is male Santa Female

santo(a) (sustantivo masculino o femenino)

I think anything that encourages a person to lie to their kids is not a good thing.

Good point! It's an interesting fact that the Antichrist, a man who is/will be possessed by Satan, is said to be a man who will have no affection for women. Hmmmm.......

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

So every year until the #ing conspiracy is opened

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join