It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I eat a 1.5 oz chocolate bar will I only gain 1.5 oz?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
OK, so I'm with my friend and hand her a Hershey's chocolate bar. She steps back in horror saying it'll go straight to her hips and she will gain 2 pounds! Now, I've heard this before but it doesn't strike me as logical. There are 1.5 ounces in a chocolate bar of X number of atoms going into your body so that is all you should gain. Right? No more atoms are created once inside your body, are there? So why would you gain more than 1.5 ounces?

I'm trying to dispel or confirm the myth.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I dont' mean to be rude but................IF your freind thinks like that,she doesn't deserve the Chocolate bar. keep it for yourself

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
...it depends on what all else she's eaten, and if she's gaining water weight from a female problem......but but it won't be a gain from the candy...it's coincidental.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
She wouldnt gain 2lbs. She'll pass most of it. Its the calories and grams of fat that really matter at all.

Id try and get her to eat it, I like a girl with a little junk in the trunk

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the problem is once you get a little junk in the trunk, you get some jiggle in the middle....*sigh*

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There's 230 calories in the chocolate bar, so your friend needs to do enough extra exercise to lose that amount of calories in order not to put on weight. That means, if she's between 9 & 10 stone, she would have to cycle for 35 mins or jog for 15 mins.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Calories aren�t the only thing to take into consideration as you must mind all the other things you are taking in.

Eating junk food is not a good practice, even if you burn it off after, which I would not call productive. All that I can suggest is to just not eat the chocolate bar and move on to whole and natural foods. If you simply must have your fix of chocolate than stay away from milk chocolate because it does absolutely nothing for your physical or mental health.

Now if you are going to consume that bar than you would not gain two pounds. It might still go straight to her hips however

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwouldificould
There's 230 calories in the chocolate bar, so your friend needs to do enough extra exercise to lose that amount of calories in order not to put on weight. That means, if she's between 9 & 10 stone, she would have to cycle for 35 mins or jog for 15 mins.

Okay okay , waht if SHe Licked it all they to nothing! would she have to work out?

top topics

join