It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White student union: Equality or racist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

People should be working for the greater good of everyone, not some specific ethnicity

Why we would ever create a group for the interest of a particular ethnicity is beyond reason.

I agree.

Special race-based interest groups are getting ridiculous these days. In today's 1st world countries, there's just no need for them anymore. I don't know of any particular race that doesn't have all the legal basic human rights that every other race has.

So what purpose are they serving now ? If truth be told, at the end of the day, the only thing they're actually succeeding at anymore is continuing to thicken the line of division amongst us all.

Enough already.

It's time to move forward and get on with living life... together... as one.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Neither.

It's more akin to biggotry

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

TheRegal
However, if the whole issue of race groups were up to me at all, there would be no race groups anywhere. People should be working for the greater good of everyone, not some specific ethnicity -- that's racist. I'm sure there are 3 white kids who need help and don't get it for every 1 black kid who also could use a leg up. Why we would ever create a group for the interest of a particular ethnicity is beyond reason.

Define racist so we can have a baseline then. A group of "white" students, businesspersons, whomever; have the inalienable right to assemble and form associations. I think that is the larger argument here as many schools have denied such groups status.

Such groups are instantly labelled, without as much a shred of evidence as "racist" or worse.

Private groups are not the problem, it is when the State begins (as they have) to delineate and separate different groups do we see the breakdown of the Natural law and the concept of Equality under the Law.

<< 1   >>

join