It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom From Religion Foundation is an Organized Accepted Hate Group

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

signalfire
So call up the FFRF and tell them to get started being actively against all religions, not your chosen favorite.

I'm sure they'll get right on it.

I have and they are just as hateful as some on this forum when it comes to pointing out that they are not treating the separation of religion and state equally.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

I do love how for years the only voice was the Christian voice and now that other voices have surfaced, ones that disagree or even challenge Christianity's are labelled as hate group.

All of these Christians playing martyr because they don't like what they hear from these other organizations.

This is a self fulfilling prophecy however. Christianity has spent decades leading the country in a variety of different sectors. Now that they've slipped, nobody really cares what they have to say anymore, which is why you can't really be taken seriously.

Which is why alternative groups are gaining ground, because they are saying something new, not something that's been repeated by a whole group of people, all throughout the world for the last 3000 years.

I apologize, but if you feel attacked as a Christian, and that your religion is becoming less and less relevant, well maybe that's because it is much less relevant than it used to be. There are more pressing concerns than those of organized religion and it's followers.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Personal attack is uncalled for and will result in the thread being shut down. Please control your urges to spew personal hate.

I'm not positive, but I don't think you can shut down your own thread.

You obviously wanted people to agree with you, and they're not. You could learn from that, but I doubt you will.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

I do love how for years the only voice was the Christian voice and now that other voices have surfaced, ones that disagree or even challenge Christianity's are labelled as hate group.

All of these Christians playing martyr because they don't like what they hear from these other organizations.

This is a self fulfilling prophecy however. Christianity has spent decades leading the country in a variety of different sectors. Now that they've slipped, nobody really cares what they have to say anymore, which is why you can't really be taken seriously.

Which is why alternative groups are gaining ground, because they are saying something new, not something that's been repeated by a whole group of people, all throughout the world for the last 3000 years.

I apologize, but if you feel attacked as a Christian, and that your religion is becoming less and less relevant, well maybe that's because it is much less relevant than it used to be. There are more pressing concerns than those of organized religion and it's followers.

~Tenth

I am amazed at the fact that this is not about me or Christianity. This is about a groups who has been claiming to be at the forefront of separation of religion and State yet only opposes one religion. this is not about religious preference on my part but about truth that if they target only one groups of people and thier religion they are indeed a hate group.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

ok - the simple challenge :

so us an example of behaviour by eastern erligions , islam , wicca etc tht you think the FFR should oppose

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

signalfire

Personal attack is uncalled for and will result in the thread being shut down. Please control your urges to spew personal hate.

I'm not positive, but I don't think you can shut down your own thread.

You obviously wanted people to agree with you, and they're not. You could learn from that, but I doubt you will.

NO but ATS can and personal attacks and hatred are a reason they will shut it down.

No actually I want people to see the truth that FFRF is lying when they say they are for separation of religion and state when the only religion they have EVER opposed is Christianity. It is a pinpointed hateful attack against one religion while claiming to be against all.

Is not ATS a good place to reveal truth that is suppressed in the MSM?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I am amazed at the fact that this is not about me or Christianity. This is about a groups who has been claiming to be at the forefront of separation of religion and State yet only opposes one religion.

Ok, perhaps I can explain it to you.

Why would this group, start a campaign against, Buddhism, or another form of religion? Christianity is the ONLY religion that actually has any power in the US. Unless you count the Mormons in Utah, but nevertheless that's just Christian Fan Fiction.

I'm sure if you asked them about other religions they would say the exact same thing about them, than they do about Christianity. They FOCUS on Christianity because it is the largest and most powerful religious force in the US.

It only makes sense that they would have a focus more so for them, then they would otherwise with another group.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm not even Christian, and I don't like those people, either, for the most part. I don't like that they go out of their way to act like they're being persecuted by Christmas being a mainstream holiday when the biggest things about Christmas these days are secular in nature.

I'm a Pagan, and I'm not whining about them using Yule logs and evergreen trees, amongst others. And I don't hear them whining about Halloween that much, either, which is also technically a Christian holiday.

I also think that it differs from Christians being against homosexuality (amongst other things) because, realistically, I don't see most Christian groups being actively hateful. Yes, many believe that homosexuality is a sin, wrong, and I don't like that, but the vast majority aren't being actively hateful and dismissive about it. The billboards that I see talk about getting help from Jesus and praying the gay away (which isn't going to happen), but I don't see them calling for gays to be killed, discriminated against, or actively declaring that gays are going to burn in a fiery pit.

I don't like the typical Christian attitude on many things like homosexuality and other religions, but I cannot say that they are actively hateful and willfully belligerent versus simply, in my mind, being pitifully misinformed on some issues and enslaved to their doctrine.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

ok - the simple challenge :

so us an example of behaviour by eastern erligions , islam , wicca etc tht you think the FFR should oppose

Transcendental Meditation also known as centering of focus exercises or energy realigning exercises(these are rooted in Hindu and Buddhist religions), making of Dream Catchers as part of art class for elementary school rooted in Tribal animistic shamanism spiritual belief), self Hypnosis practiced through meditations and forms of affirmative mantras (sayings) now being taught as a way to help student in school pass tests (rooted in Hinduism and Buddhism), Wiccan's practice forms of these as well and are being incorporated into classes by teachers yet no one opposes them.

If they oppose Christian prayer and displays then all Islamic displays should be removed from public view as well. No broadcasting of prayers of a loudspeaker in public areas from Mosques, no Islamic flags in view of the public. No setting up of Islamic prayer rooms in public schools where they disallow the practice of praying at the flag pole.

One could go on there are other examples.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm not even Christian, and I don't like those people, either, for the most part. I don't like that they go out of their way to act like they're being persecuted by Christmas being a mainstream holiday when the biggest things about Christmas these days are secular in nature.

I'm a Pagan, and I'm not whining about them using Yule logs and evergreen trees, amongst others. And I don't hear them whining about Halloween that much, either, which is also technically a Christian holiday.

I also think that it differs from Christians being against homosexuality (amongst other things) because, realistically, I don't see most Christian groups being actively hateful. Yes, many believe that homosexuality is a sin, wrong, and I don't like that, but the vast majority aren't being actively hateful and dismissive about it. The billboards that I see talk about getting help from Jesus and praying the gay away (which isn't going to happen), but I don't see them calling for gays to be killed, discriminated against, or actively declaring that gays are going to burn in a fiery pit.

I don't like the typical Christian attitude on many things like homosexuality and other religions, but I cannot say that they are actively hateful and willfully belligerent versus simply, in my mind, being pitifully misinformed on some issues and enslaved to their doctrine.

Pagan what?

Pagan is a Judaic and Christian term like Infidel is to the Islamic.

Pagan has false religious undertones to it while the other term Heathen is just a wild person with no religion practices.

So are you pagan and if so which pagan religion do you practice or are your a heathen?

But once again is the FFRF a hate group according to the their practice and the definition given by WIKI?

Let's keep it to the point this is not about Christian persecution. This is about FFRF being a hate group that targets a single religion to hate while hiding behind the more loftier goal as the crusader of Separation of Religion and State.

Is it not true?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

I am amazed at the fact that this is not about me or Christianity. This is about a groups who has been claiming to be at the forefront of separation of religion and State yet only opposes one religion.

Ok, perhaps I can explain it to you.

Why would this group, start a campaign against, Buddhism, or another form of religion? Christianity is the ONLY religion that actually has any power in the US. Unless you count the Mormons in Utah, but nevertheless that's just Christian Fan Fiction.

I'm sure if you asked them about other religions they would say the exact same thing about them, than they do about Christianity. They FOCUS on Christianity because it is the largest and most powerful religious force in the US.

It only makes sense that they would have a focus more so for them, then they would otherwise with another group.

~Tenth

This is not about starting a campaign. this is about living up to the claim.

Are they opposed equally to all religions or not?

If so please link.

If not, then they are a hate group by definition of WIKI and the SPLC.

Actually you are saying it is ok to legalize a hate group if it is against Christianity. while they falsely claim to be equal in treatment of all religions alike for separation of religion and state.
edit on 5-12-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Christians are the only spiritual people who are currently interested in controlling our government. Banning gay marriage, creationism in schools, etc.
edit on 5-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2013 by natalia because: So sorry for the wasted space

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Why is it every free thinker so far has turned this to an personal attack or about Christanity.

Cannot you guys separate yourselves form your view an see the truth of the OP?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Actually you are saying it is ok to legalize a hate group if it is against Christianity. while they falsely claim to be equal in treatment of all religions alike for separation of religion and state.

No I am not, don't put words in my mouth.

What Claim? They claim to be for the separation of church and state and the only CHURCH with ANY amount of power, that is INVOLVED with the 'State" is Christianity.

Buddhists aren't running the show, Muslims aren't running the show, neither are Methodists or Pagans, or any other religious group in the US.

You're arguing semantics. There's no actual argument here that's valid on your end, because what YOU want to is feel like they aren't just singling out Christians, you want them to single out every religious group, which you'd still call a HATE group in the end regardless.

A hate group is an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society. ...

And as far as the definition of HATE Group is concerned, please show me, where this particular organization has called for the above?!

~tenth

edit on 12/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Christians are the only spiritual people who are currently interested in controlling our government. Banning gay marriage, creationism in schools, etc.
edit on 5-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I am not sure your statement is true.

the Bible has views on government that don't align with your statement.

I know that some individuals and groups do however want to see some of their beleif put into govt practice. But so do the Islamist through acceptance of Sheria law along side our civil law.

And guess what not single opposition by FFRF against those Islamic groups in getting parts if not all of sharia law accepted in the civil courts.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

No I am not, don't put words in my mouth.

What Claim? They claim to be for the separation of church and state and the only CHURCH with ANY amount of power, that is INVOLVED with the 'State" is Christianity.

Buddhists aren't running the show, Muslims aren't running the show, neither are Methodists or Pagans, or any other religious group in the US.

You're arguing semantics. There's no actual argument here that's valid on your end, because what YOU want to is feel like they aren't just singling out Christians, you want them to single out every religious group, which you'd still call a HATE group in the end regardless.

A hate group is an organized group or movement that advocates and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards members of a race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other designated sector of society. ...

And as far as the definition of HATE Group is concerned, please show me, where this particular organization has called for the above?!

~tenth

edit on 12/5/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Church is now advocate only to be Christian. When in their own Bible church meant pagan temples and Jewish congregations as well.

The language has been modified to be separation of Religion and State do to the fact that the US is not a Christian ONLY nation.

I do know that the defense league has, and even though the evidence to the truth is on their own web site and in the actions of those that support them they have yet to be OFFICIALLY labeled a hate group, there are people out their who have written blogs claiming them to be a hate group.

Just because one claims to be for freedom of some sort or another does not mean they are not a hate group.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It's not the Jews, Muslims, or the wiccans/pagans faults that Christianity decided to try for a monopoly on spirituality. Which is why 'church' and 'religion' now immediately bring to mind the Christian religion. Because Christians don't share the pulpit very well.

Face it, Chester - the Christians brought this on themselves. Maybe if they spent more time getting along, people wouldn't have so many reasons to oppose them.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It's Ok to hate anything if you want, as long as there is no physical violence against person or property.
Any one can choose not to care.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

ZeussusZ
reply to post by grey580

It's Ok to hate anything if you want, as long as there is no physical violence against person or property.
Any one can choose not to care.

Because of the Advocacy against Christianity by the FFRE many of the groups they support and their supporters have acted violently towards Christianity,Christian displays and individuals.

But the literature they put out also promotes this hate and mockery. It would be different if they promoted hatred and mockery of ALL RELIGIONS alike but they don't, not even in one instance. If the latter was soI would have never posted this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join