It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Beware Of Idols

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Beware of Idols brothers and sisters. Check yourself to see if you put anything in your life more than the Word of God and Jesus Christ.

Do you remember how God had punished Israel and how they had idols in their temples. Your body is the temple unto the Lord, do not place any idols before the Lord in your temple such as tv, computers, internet, facebook, musicians, and any thing which you put before the Lord. Seek those things which are spiritual and not fleshly. Ask yourself before you do something are you pleasing the flesh by doing it or the spirit.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy ; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are .

DO NOT defile your temple with idols please. I love you brothers and sisters. Peace be unto you in the name of our LORD Jesus Christ.

edit on 5-12-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

You forgot to put stuff in your post ...here I want to leave this link to a new vid I watched about Mystery Bablyon ..best one I have seen so far and makes perfect sense www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Ok thanks, it is fixed.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Beware of Idols brothers and sisters. Check yourself to see if you put anything in your life more than the Word of God and Jesus Christ.

By "Word of God" do you mean the Bible? The Bible, in and of, itself is an idol. And, when you say Jesus Christ, do you mean the character described in the New Testament, a book whose teachings put Jesus in front of the God of the Old Testament?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Well brother or sister, Jesus Christ is The Word Of God but yes in the previous post I was referencing The Word Of God to the Bible. But no the Bible is not an idol because it is something that God wants us to read and the bible isn't something carnal that benefits the flesh but it benefits the spirit and is a device to help us grow in the Lord and helps people to build their spiritual foundation which is something beneficial to the Temple Of God which is our bodies.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yes, this goes back to the first commandment, which is fundamental to the whole of the Bible;
"You shall have no other gods but me".
The verse quoted from 1 Corinthians ch3 v17 is actually about unity; it is disunity which "breaks up" the temple of God in the church.
A better source is 1 Corinthians ch10 (I did a thread on this in my 1 Corinthians series).
There he goes into how much the two kinds of worship are incompatible; "You cannot partake of the table of the lord and the table of demons".
Another aspect, I suppose, is that you cannot be a servant of "both God and mammon".

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The Bible is just as carnal as any other idol. It has been proven to be a great distraction from actually worship of God. You shouldn't need the 66 books of the Bible to worship God.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I'm curious if you include wearing crosses or rosary's as being an idol? It seems to me that could also be a form of idol ism.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Amen, let us try our best to continually grow in the Lord together, pray to the Lord for increase that you may grow daily and never decrease.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Christians already worship idols, one being the bible and the other being Jesus hanging on a cross.

The only image you need is the one you see in front of you. Idols are graven images, anything taking the place of your own image. Jesus has taken your image for himself, religion has indoctrinated you into believing in a false image, that of Jesus on the cross.

Stay away from idols? Its too late for that speech, they're already worshiping one.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

God didn't ask us to wear crosses or rosaries. All we need is The Word Of God and Jesus in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Do you really believe you have anything of value to teach when you believe the earth is flat?
www.abovetopsecret.com

Shouldn't you be breathing fire out of your mouth and making life for humans miserable?
www.abovetopsecret.com

Might want to pull that beam out of your own eye first.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

edit on 12/5/2013 by usertwelve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I dont believe you can be a Christian without the resurrection ,so to say that Christians worship Jesus on the cross is not correct ...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

When statues of the cross or of Mary are set up in a place of worship this is idolatry at its finest.

edit on 12/5/2013 by usertwelve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

You are correct ...most that participate in such things probably don't read their bibles if they even have one .

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
Christians already worship idols, one being the bible and the other being Jesus hanging on a cross.

The only image you need is the one you see in front of you. Idols are graven images, anything taking the place of your own image. Jesus has taken your image for himself, religion has indoctrinated you into believing in a false image, that of Jesus on the cross.

Stay away from idols? Its too late for that speech, they're already worshiping one.

Lol. But you have to agree that the joke is funny. A being with ego certainty, that because the being is itself, it has to be right.

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye?

Third eye blinded by the log of self in the third eye? "What is" is and is often silent when you tell it what is instead of asking it what it think it is.

Sometimes the best thing is to forget everything you have been taught by man so there is room in the chalice for the real thing.
edit on 5-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What do most Christians think of when they think of Jesus? His death and sacrifice for our sins. What do you see in every church in the world? Jesus hanging on his cross in the very front of the communion hall for everyone to clearly see. Christians most certainly do worship his death otherwise their sins would have never been forgiven.

Ask a Christian why Jesus was so great, 99% of the time they'll say that he died for their sins. Christians worship the death of a man thinking it brings their own forgiveness. Not true at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

And yet most do. So to say Christians do this IS correct.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I can't speak to this most Christians you are making your observations from ...It's my observation in being to a few Christian Churches is that not all of them have such paraphernalia ..A few do ..When I say a few I mean that some denominations ie Roman Catholicism do have a host of statutes and do kiss them and pray to them ...Some churches I have been into ,you wouldn't know they were even churches from the outside or from the inside if there were no people present . Most people see a building and claim it's a church but that is unbiblical as the church is never referred to as a man made structure . It's the body of believers that constitutes a church and the church in scripture ....peace

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

So do you have the data that supports the most ? I have never seen a breakdown by denomination and unless you consider such churches like baptist and other such churches you couldn't really say .. add to that the many house churches around the world it would be a hard claim to make ....peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join