It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria dropped off of most maps.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What's going on in Syria at the moment. I can't really find much at all. Any good links please post.

The guardian posted little over a month ago.
We always knew it was about fuel.

www.theguardian.com...

I also found :

translate.googleusercontent.com...://xcombg.net/index.php%3F PHPSESSID%3D9fskqctfd6tmcbqndo8gmb5n66%26topic%3D38.0&usg=ALkJrhir10Dpex8KTVN7ODZNtNcCHADW9w

"Representatives of the Syrian opposition, together with representatives of the U.S., Turkey, UAE and Qatar have decided to Syria after Assad's overthrow of the Doha conference from 3 to 11 November in 12 points:
1. Syria's army to destroy, remain only 50,000 soldiers.
2. Syria will claim the Golan only political way. Peace talks between Israel and Syria will be held under the supervision of the United States and Qatar.
3. All chemical, biological weapons and missiles will be transferred to Jordan under the supervision of the United States.
4. Turkish villages in the regions of Aleppo and Idlib pass into Turkish control
5. All members of the Syrian PKK will be prosecuted, some members will be required from Turkey. PKK will be announced in Syria as a terrorist organization.
6. All arms deals and oil / gas contracts of Russian and Chinese companies will be canceled.
7. Syria will accepts the gas through pipelines from Qatar to pass through Syria to Turkey and from there it is transported to Europe.
8. Syria will accepts the transport of water through pipelines from Ataturk Dam on the Euphrates in Syria to Israel.
9. All destruction in Syria, buildings, houses, to be built by companies of Qatar and the UAE.
U.S., Qatar and the UAE will receive all rights to search for oil, gas and special rights for construction (pipes)
10. Syria will limit its ties with Iran, Russia and China. Relations with Palestine will be fully terminated.
11. The new regime in Syria should be the principles of Islam.
12. All decisions shall take effect when the opposition take power. " "

Quoted above is what I find interesting and I'd like to know the validity of this guys statement, couldn't find this quoted anywhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

Reading that list helps us understand why the Syrians haven't "surrendered" yet.

Bunches of external demands upon their resources and ability to defend themselves.

What would any sovereign nation say?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Oh boy... I'd missed that. If that is close to what the Syrian opposition is agreeing to for our help in all this, we're in real trouble. That isnt even a good faith list to what a group with very strong Al Qaeda and fanatic base people would actually carry out in reality. Our side is full of morons if they take an agreement like that and really expect the other side to honor it beyond the point they need us for anything. Some of those terms would be as much or more absurd to the new regime as the old one, IMO.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Another nation thrown under the bus for oil, water, and other resources...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Riiiiight.

I'll believe that agreement holds any water when pigs fly and monkeys fly out someone's butt.

Syria will not oust the Russians, rebels or no. There are, I think, some 30,000 of them on a base there, and if they do, it will not be pretty or peaceful. This will cause and international incident, and the Syrians would have cause to fear Russian retribution.

What is more likely is that the Syrian rebels wanted arms and used taqqiya to achieve them. They let America write whatever terms they wanted and signed them with the proverbial fingers crossed behind their back. The terms are worth less than the paper they're written on and will be forgotten as soon as the rebels have achieved their goals.

I'm sure when the time comes, the rebels will find some excuse as to why they cannot follow through, but they likely will not uphold any of the terms ... except maybe the ones with the other muslim countries.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

4. Turkish villages in the regions of Aleppo and Idlib pass into Turkish control
5. All members of the Syrian PKK will be prosecuted, some members will be required from Turkey. PKK will be announced in Syria as a terrorist organization.
6. All arms deals and oil / gas contracts of Russian and Chinese companies will be canceled.
7. Syria will accepts the gas through pipelines from Qatar to pass through Syria to Turkey and from there it is transported to Europe.
8. Syria will accepts the transport of water through pipelines from Ataturk Dam on the Euphrates in Syria to Israel.
9. All destruction in Syria, buildings, houses, to be built by companies of Qatar and the UAE. U.S., Qatar and the UAE will receive all rights to search for oil, gas and special rights for construction (pipes)
10. Syria will limit its ties with Iran, Russia and China. Relations with Palestine will be fully terminated. 11. The new regime in Syria should be the principles of Islam.
12. All decisions shall take effect when the opposition take power. " "

Well i cant see all the arms deals and oil / gas contracts of Russian and Chinese companies that Syria being canceled currently at this stage due the fact the Syrian postilion is none existent.

11. The new regime in Syria should be the principles of Islam.

So just like what Libya did this week? a full pledged Sharia law based country as much with the likes on how the Saudi Arabian regime is, i can see that occurring should the Syrian opposition had won the war.

As for the other points listed in the article i cant see it happening knowing that the SAA are now making major head ways in Syria and gaining quite number of areas back.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That right there tells you who is backing them if it wasn't already obvious

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Honestly, that list looked pretty bogus and silly to me but what do I know lol. Syria has always been about money and oil. I thought everyone knew that. It is not about us, it's about Russia. They will not allow a pipeline through Syria if they can stop it. It means billions in lost revenue for them. They don't much care about Assad as long as they can control him. If it were in their interest to replace him they would. The Russians are no different from us in that regard. It definitely was not the hero Putin it was made out to be. Lol

The Bot

top topics

join