It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tips for Jesus' spreads the wealth in massive restaurant tips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

An anonymous patron is leaving a trail of generous gratuities on bar and restaurant tabs across the country, signing each credit-card receipt with the same name as the Instagram account he uses to document his largess: @TipsForJesus.

Micah Olson learned about the man Tuesday night only after he left the Phoenix restaurant he co-owns. The mysterious man arrived with a woman and asked Olson, who was working behind the bar, whether he had ever heard of Tips for Jesus. Olson hadn’t.

“Oh, you’ll hear about it later tonight,” the man laughed — and then proceeded to order several $70 drinks for himself and his friend.

When the man closed his tab, he bought a round of drinks for Olson and his fellow bartender and left a $2,500 tip on his $530...

'Tips for Jesus' spreads the wealth in massive restaurant tips

Hey, ATS...how about some positive news?
I love heart-warming mysteries such as this.
According to the news, this mystery tipper is using an AMEX Black card...and his credit is good.
There appears to also be an instagrm page established, where these examples of generosity are posted.
instagram.com...
I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before this person's identity is discovered, but I think it would be a shame. Anonymous and random acts of kindness strike me as the most beautiful.
MORE:
www.mlive.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

See, if Jesus didn't exist this people would have never gotten the tip.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

People give their children presents in the name of Santa Claus. Your statement is foolhardy.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I love stories like this. Thank you for sharing. Lucky people to receive such big tips.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Do you still believe in "trickling down"?

You poor fools.
The rich getting so much richer but you are thankful for breadcrumbs.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

So, in Europe, government handouts aren't "bread crumbs"?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I for one am glad to hear that someone with wealth is spreading a little joy to those in need.

new topics

top topics

join