It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Spooky action' builds a wormhole between 'entangled' particles

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Quantum entanglement, a perplexing phenomenon of quantum mechanics that Albert Einstein once referred to as "spooky action at a distance," could be even spookier than Einstein perceived. Physicists at the University of Washington and Stony Brook University in New York believe the phenomenon might be intrinsically linked with wormholes, hypothetical features of space-time that in popular science fiction can provide a much-faster-than-light shortcut from one part of the universe to another.

Quantum entanglement occurs when a pair or a group of particles interact in ways that dictate that each particle's behavior is relative to the behavior of the others. In a pair of entangled particles, if one particle is observed to have a specific spin, for example, the other particle observed at the same time will have the opposite spin.

The "spooky" part is that, as past research has confirmed, the relationship holds true no matter how far apart the particles are - across the room or across several galaxies. If the behavior of one particle changes, the behavior of both entangled particles changes simultaneously, no matter how far away they are.

"The way you can communicate with each other is if you jump into your black hole, then the other person must jump into his black hole, and the interior world would be the same," he said.

www.spacedaily.com...

...So, let me see if I understand this.... There is me in this galaxy and the opposite me in another galaxy and we are connected by a wormhole, then we jump into each galaxy`s blackhole and BANG, we are in the same world and finally are as one. So marriage is when you and your spouse jump into each galaxy blackholes and meet halfway in the wo(a)rmhole ?!?!

edit on 5-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Love it!

Sounds like "heaven" when one passes from this world to the next, goes through the tunnel or wormhole to be reunited with their reflection/soul.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Totally cool. Applied to psychology or metaphysics, the entanglement concept has HUGE implications. Kind->Cruel, Good->Evil, Heaven->Hell. Explains the principle and mechanics of duality. Makes me wonder about disrupted connections/wormholes, and the forces involved.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Interesting.

A quote from Jesus;

I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? John 13:12

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This is one of those threads where I want to shout "Hey, everybody! Read this!" Thanks for the find and the presentation, and I will get back with more later. Or maybe I'm back already not having even posted this yet, meeting myself on the keyboard....

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That`s a pleasant idea

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

LOL, cool confusion

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

My wormhole hasn't seen a blackhole in a long time! ...or a joke similar to that.

How cool is this! I wonder what this would mean for space travel if anything!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The quantum world never ceases to amaze. Thanks for the find.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

soficrow

Totally cool. Applied to psychology or metaphysics, the entanglement concept has HUGE implications. Kind->Cruel, Good->Evil, Heaven->Hell. Explains the principle and mechanics of duality. Makes me wonder about disrupted connections/wormholes, and the forces involved.

This is where the magic is. www.mindreality.com...
This was one of the earlier experiments. But the strangeness is increasing. www.en.wikipedia.org... One could wax philosophical about this.
edit on 6-12-2013 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

CosmicDude

Quantum entanglement, a perplexing phenomenon of quantum mechanics that Albert Einstein once referred to as "spooky action at a distance," could be even spookier than Einstein perceived. Physicists at the University of Washington and Stony Brook University in New York believe the phenomenon might be intrinsically linked with wormholes, hypothetical features of space-time that in popular science fiction can provide a much-faster-than-light shortcut from one part of the universe to another.

Quantum entanglement occurs when a pair or a group of particles interact in ways that dictate that each particle's behavior is relative to the behavior of the others. In a pair of entangled particles, if one particle is observed to have a specific spin, for example, the other particle observed at the same time will have the opposite spin.

The "spooky" part is that, as past research has confirmed, the relationship holds true no matter how far apart the particles are - across the room or across several galaxies. If the behavior of one particle changes, the behavior of both entangled particles changes simultaneously, no matter how far away they are.

"The way you can communicate with each other is if you jump into your black hole, then the other person must jump into his black hole, and the interior world would be the same," he said.

www.spacedaily.com...

...So, let me see if I understand this.... There is me in this galaxy and the opposite me in another galaxy and we are connected by a wormhole, then we jump into each galaxy`s blackhole and BANG, we are in the same world and finally are as one. So marriage is when you and your spouse jump into each galaxy blackholes and meet halfway in the wo(a)rmhole ?!?!

edit on 5-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

I didn't read the article because it's getting late here... but did they mention BEC's, Bose Einstein Condensates as a primary point of entry to manually produce quantum entangled states? I only ask because I have an adiabatic reactor that produces BEC's and have a product licensed that uses quantum entanglement via an emulation of the BEC quantum function (in classical space) for long distance communication via distance compression (ER/EPR solutions using BEC's as the principle process).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Fascinating post I could not help wondering if this is some part of the theory of different realities and dimensions as that is what is suggested to me through my non-physic and non-quantum understanding brain.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A recent article from MIT goes further into some of this.

SOURCE: MIT

You can’t get entangled without a wormhole
MIT physicist finds the creation of entanglement simultaneously gives rise to a wormhole.

...It might appear that the concept of entanglement — one of the most fundamental in quantum mechanics — is in direct conflict with general relativity: Two entangled particles, “communicating” across vast distances, would have to do so at speeds faster than that of light — a violation of the laws of physics, according to Einstein. ...using the concept of entanglement in order to build up space-time may be a major step toward reconciling the laws of quantum mechanics and general relativity...

In July, physicists Juan Maldacena of the Institute for Advanced Study and Leonard Susskind of Stanford University proposed a theoretical solution in the form of two entangled black holes. When the black holes were entangled, then pulled apart, the theorists found that what emerged was a wormhole — a tunnel through space-time that is thought to be held together by gravity...

Following up on work by Jensen and Karch, Sonner has sought to tackle this idea at the level of quarks...

Sonner mapped the entangled quarks onto a four-dimensional space, considered a representation of space-time. In contrast, gravity is thought to exist in the next dimension as, according to Einstein’s laws, it acts to “bend” and shape space-time, thereby existing in the fifth dimension...

Using holographic duality, Sonner derived the entangled quarks, and found that what emerged was a wormhole connecting the two, implying that the creation of quarks simultaneously creates a wormhole. More fundamentally, the results suggest that gravity may, in fact, emerge from entanglement. What’s more, the geometry, or bending, of the universe as described by classical gravity, may be a consequence of entanglement, such as that between pairs of particles strung together by tunneling wormholes.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this, but this seems like it could potentially be the start of some major breakthroughs because of relating entanglement, wormholes, gravity, and perhaps the fundamental structure of the universe.

I've always assumed that entanglement implied that in some dimension (which we can't perceive) the particles are not really separated. This seems to me to be very similar in concept.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Great article, thx for sharing

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

When we create two entangled quarks are we really building a wormhole between them?

I am thinking of it like this space = 3D, space-time = 4D, curvature in space time = gravity = 5D. The problem with quantum entanglement is that the information between two entangled particles instantly, which doesn't make sense if nothing can travel faster than light. However, if the entangled particles are connected by gravity, they will not be subjected to the limitations of general relativity.

We need an expert here...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Attentionwandered

You have it about right. This would be groundbreaking and it would explain a lot of things like why gravity is so weak and why gravity isn't unified with the other forces of nature.

Gravity would be weak because it leaks into the 4 dimensional space-time we experience from the 5th dimension which is composed of gravity. So gravity isn't bound to a local brane. There's was a theory called Randall Sundrum that was close to this. Randall wrote a great book that I recommend called Warped Passages. So this gravity brane warps the local brain we live in. Here's more:

In physics, Randall–Sundrum models (also called 5-dimensional warped geometry theory) imagines that the real world is a higher-dimensional universe described by warped geometry. More concretely, our universe is a five-dimensional anti-de Sitter space and the elementary particles except for the graviton are localized on a (3 + 1)-dimensional brane or branes.

The model is a braneworld theory developed while trying to solve the hierarchy problem of the Standard Model. It involves a finite five-dimensional bulk that is extremely warped and contains two branes: the Planckbrane (where gravity is a relatively strong force; also called "Gravitybrane") and the Tevbrane (our home with the Standard Model particles; also called "Weakbrane"). In this model, the two branes are separated in the not-necessarily large fifth dimension by approximately 16 units (the units based on the brane and bulk energies). The Planckbrane has positive brane energy, and the Tevbrane has negative brane energy. These energies are the cause of the extremely warped spacetime.

en.wikipedia.org...

So this Planckbrane or Gravitybrane is small but gravity is strong. The 4 dimensional branes dilute gravity and this is why it's weak.

So gravitybrane could be seen like orange juice concentrate and the 4 dimensional local branes are like water. You need more water to dilute the strong concentrate. As you add water the concentrate gets weaker.

It looks like black holes act as barriers between this gravitybrane in the 5th dimension and 4 dimensional local branes. Without these barriers(black holes) gravity would be so strong nothing would exist.

edit on 8-12-2013 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Attentionwandered

I tend to think that at the lowest level of 'reality' things are probably simple and elegant. So I suspect that the concept of a wormhole connecting two particles is probably a limitation of our ability to perceive how the particles are not separated and perhaps not even separate.

Whether the connection is gravity or not, I don't know. But it seems obvious to me that one of these three general cases is likely:

1. Either the particles are not separated in some dimension, enabling 'information' to be transferred between then in a way we perceive as instantaneous regardless of any distance we perceive, or

2. They are not even separate particles, they are a whole, and we simply perceive them as separate from our limited perspective, or

3. Our entire concept of particles, forces, space, time, and all of the laws and theories of physics is so intimately tied up with and limited by our perception that 'reality' may bear little resemblance to what we think we perceive or even what we can conceive.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I vote for #3

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yeah, me too.

join