It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Fossil Species (256 million years old) Found in Mozambique Reveals New Data On Ancient Mammal Re

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

In the remote province of Niassa, Mozambique, a new species and genus of fossil vertebrate was found. The species is a distant relative of living mammals and is approximately 256 million years old. This new species belongs to a group of animals called synapsids. Synapsida includes a number of extinct lineages that dominated the communities on land in the Late Permian (260-252 million years ago), as well as living mammals and their direct ancestors.

www.sciencedaily.com...

They can find all kind of specie variations but I still don`t consider it the mankind ancient relatives. I believe we have a different origin

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

It has always left me in awe that the discoveries never seem to stop.

What a ride.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

CosmicDude

They can find all kind of specie variations but I still don`t consider it the mankind ancient relatives. I believe we have a different origin

On topic, great find. It is unbelievable how archeology is still going strong on findings and how more complete is our understanding of history of life and transformation of life on our planet.

That said, I am not sure that I can agree with you. I doubt that we as species are anything special and require different origin just to fulfill our huge egos.

join