It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC - 2/3 of Homosexual Men Who Know They Are HIV Positive Won't Wear Condoms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I am not saying ignore it, but at the same time they need to put it in a way where it does not target one group or another, but more to the point. The issue here is not HIV, but a lack of using protection during sex. That would mean that they should have also included the rates of all STD's and unwed mothers in pregnancies out there. By putting out just one group, you separate them out, and then there is the point where the issue moves away from protecting people to where the very ideas of protection by separating the infected becomes a viable option. After all the staistics would point to such. And that leads to discrimination.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Ah, but I am not overreacting, but looking at current events and history.

Consider this, when the Chinese were coming over initially, the fear was that they would take over, so there were laws enacted to restrict and prohibit them from doing anything in the country, even though they were citizens. Native Americans were put on reservations. During World War II, the Japanese Americans were put into camps all cause it was feared that they were spying for the Empire of Japan.

Education, you mention, yet you failed to look at one time, where that education was used to teach that African Americans were no good, and would not be equal to anything else. And how about that war on Drugs? How far has education gone there?

Yet when the state dares to try to teach about sex education, giving students the information needed to be able to keep themselves safe, some parent or group raises up and bulks at the very notion of such.
The sad part, is that for all of the speeches and talking, it has done nothing. Nada. Yes I do remember Ryan White, yet funny how you mention it, as the study does not take into account the rate of HIV/AIDS among any other group beyond those who are the same sex. As I recall, Ryan was a young boy, who got tainted blood products that caused him to develop HIV/AIDS that lead to the creation of the Ryan White Act.

I am not jumping at shadows, but looking at what history has taught us. After all do you honestly think that the Jewish population did anything wrong pre World War II, even those who were of mixed religion, when the nazi government came knocking on the door? No, they looked like everyone else.

The federal government and those who would use such statistics tend to cherry pick their data, even when the studies are done incorrectly or show different results, and the fear here should be that some person in power, who is deeply religious, will use this to push an agenda to round up and discriminate against people who are HIV positive, in the very idea of doing such for the public good. When you see the legislation that gives the right to the different levels of government to do such in the interest of the public safety. And from what I have read and understand those kinds of facilities are far worse than any prison out there. After all where would you put a person who is infected with what is considered a level 2?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm not going to judge.

I'll just say that the truth can be a bitter pill.

Watch the movie the true stry of AIDS online where it talks about how gay men in LA IN THE 1980 s were asking for sex enhancing products like Anal Nitrate and how it would lower the bodies immunity during use.

You reap what you sow?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join