It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Ebay be having "Merry Christmas" across the top of their pages for the Christians..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I noticed that Ebay had "Happy Hanukkah" across the top of their pages last week so I emailed them to see if they will be having "Merry Christmas" across the top of their pages for the Christians..I'll let you know if/when they respond with their answer.

P. S maybe we need to start a email campaign and see what happens..

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I doubt they would show it. No company that big has the balls anymore. If they did show anything it would be ''Happy holidays'' with snow falling down.

Wouldn't want to offend the atheists buying there Christmas tree's and Christmas presents.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
They could set a holiday cookie and adjust the page by preference for each user. Given this is such a big and world shattering issue.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

But they have no problem sucking up to the Jewish population.. Sickening

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

RocksFromSpace
reply to post by TSOM87

A lot of people in high places in this world don't have a problem sucking up to the Jewish(Cause)population, but that's a different thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

RocksFromSpace
reply to post by TSOM87

That's because everyone knows Jews have the most money to spend.

I am teasing of course.

------------------------------------------

To OP - I would be almost willing to bet that they will not use Merry Christmas. They will use Happy Holidays to appease as many folks as possible. They want to keep the money rolling in from people buying a lot of Christmas presents and probably not a lot of Holiday presents.
They will go with whatever option they think will net the most profit while pissing off the fewest people.

I do prefer the term Merry Christmas, but I know a lot of folks that like to get their feathers ruffled over calling the day what we have called it since 1870.

It is what it is.
edit on 12/5/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I seem to remember seeing that the Whitehouse doesn't have a big Christmas tree like it used to (before Obama came into office, so nothing to do with him) but they put up a big-ass Menorah on the lawn opposite the WH each year.

You'd think, using logic, that if they were going to ban religious imagery, it would apply to ALL denominations and religions, but of course you'd be wrong as it's just the chosen marking their territory for all to see!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Jeesh it's not even Christmas yet. Just wait till Christmas day and see, THEN post a thread complaining about it. Christians don't own the entire season and I doubt that your average atheist or agnostic really care either way.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by moresco

Read the thread title again...I'm asking will they..not why haven't they... Learn reading comprehension before posting .

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

who cares ?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Christmas is so commercialized, it has nothing to do with christianity anymore, not that it ever really did, they just borrowed the date from pagans. Notice how pretty much every christain holiday is pagan in origin?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Your name suits you just fine...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I'm glad to see that more and more people are questioning these antics. I noticed it long ago. At first, I thought maybe I was ant-semitic, then I just figured that I was a smart gentile heathen. It really disturbs me and I educate as many people about it as I can. Same with the Kosher tax('U' or the 'K') on most foods at the store. How'd we become so blind?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Who cares. Its not like Christmas is about religion anymore.

Christians and Corporations Pimped Christmas to the point that everyone celebrates regardless of Christianity or not.

Maybe this wouldn't be an issue had Christians and Corporations alike didn't encourage and manipulate children in the public schools decades ago to partake in Christmas type events or feel left out or labeled as a scrooge.

Had it been kept as a personal Christian festivity in the churches and homes instead of in the public schools and not exploited this wouldn't be an issue. However, you can't have it both ways. Christmas has been exploited beyond being a religious holiday.

I'm agnostic and don't partake in any of the religious parts of it and see Christmas as time of the year to celebrate family and friends and get together.

I could care less if it says Happy Holidays or Merry X-mas, make it personal to you and your family and don't worry what it means to others.

edit on 5-12-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

RocksFromSpace
I noticed that Ebay had "Happy Hanukkah" across the top of their pages last week so I emailed them to see if they will be having "Merry Christmas" across the top of their pages for the Christians..I'll let you know if/when they respond with their answer.

P. S maybe we need to start a email campaign and see what happens..

OP...what is your issue exactly? Is there now no place to offer greetings to people? EBay are just trying to come across as being personal and welcoming , or would you rather organisations were faceless automatons? I realy don't think they have any alteria motive here...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

interupt42

It never was - it's about eating, drinking and making merry to celebrate the turn of the year and return of the sun, and to give us something to look forward to and cheer us up at the darkest time of the year. The fact that some religious sect decided to adopt it as a wholly arbitary date on which to also celebrate the birth of their prophet is neither here nor there.

You could argue that we ought call it something else, but Christmas has become synonymous the world over with the winter solstice festivities in the same way hoover has become synonymous with vacuum cleaners, coke has become synonymous with fizzy cola drinks and America has become synonymous with the USA.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

interupt42

Sounds like something an Atheist says over and over while putting up the Christmas tree.

Many would disagree with your point. Churches are filled on Christmas eve or day and many still care and it means a lot to them.

You have point on the corporate side of Christmas...blame America for that.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

TSOM87

interupt42

Sounds like something an Atheist says over and over while putting up the Christmas tree.

And what would be the problem with that?

Unlike Xmax you didn't see Hanukkah being pushed to non Jewish members and into the public school systems.

Maybe you need to blame the Christians and the corporations for exploiting the holidays. The Christians embedded their holiday into the public school system where many weren't religious or Christians. The corporations then push xmas down peoples throats from the day after thanksgiving to the xmas day itself.

The result is that non Christians embraced the celebration and festivities part , while ignoring the religious aspect of it.

So in order for the Christians to get their Holiday back it might be in their best interest to encourage the corporations to disfranchise themselves from Xmax by using happy holidays versus merry xmas?

Many would disagree with your point. Churches are filled on Christmas eve or day and many still care and it means a lot to them.

And what would be the problem with that? You celebrate your way and I will celebrate my way. However, what does it matter if it says merry xmas or happy holidays?

edit on 5-12-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Will Ebay be having "Merry Christmas" across the top of their pages for the Christians

Hanukkah ends tonight.

So I guess you'll have your answer before the end of the week when you see the words "merry christmas" at the top of the website.

It never ceases to amaze me why people feel the need to continue with this "us vs them" religious division crap... What the hell does it matter what words a business chooses to use ?! Apparently businesses are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Go figure.

... Reason # 1763 why this planet is never, ever going to see "peace on earth".

Humans just aren't capable of it. The individual "me me me" hubris takes away any ability to allow us all to live in harmony as one big happy family.

Pretty damn ironic when you take into account that this time of year is supposed to be all about "joy and love" towards our fellow brethren. Pfft.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Britguy
I seem to remember seeing that the Whitehouse doesn't have a big Christmas tree like it used to (before Obama came into office, so nothing to do with him) but they put up a big-ass Menorah on the lawn opposite the WH each year.

You'd think, using logic, that if they were going to ban religious imagery, it would apply to ALL denominations and religions, but of course you'd be wrong as it's just the chosen marking their territory for all to see!

Wow, not only are we hateful, we are stupid too. Talk about Obama nitpicking at its worst.

When I go see that huge tree again in 2 weeks, like I do every year, I will still be able to tell you that it is there, along with the tree at the capital, at the embassies, etc. (the Canadian Embassy has the most beautiful tree of all IMO)

The Whitehouse is also beautifully decorated. And the lines to see it are just as long as ever.

BTW, the Presidents don't pick the national Christmas tree, the NPS does. And they do change when the poor things get taken out by something.

And before you make any other silly statements, the WH also still has the Easter Egg Roll every year. Maybe one year I will actually win the lottery.

edit on 5-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join