It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French insurgents killed in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Three French insurgents were killed in Iraq fighting against US led coalition trops in Iraq....French officials checking identity of fourth

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

and we thought all along that the French weren't helping fight the War on Terror.....guess we were wrong

*edit* newer link

[edit on 18-11-2004 by rayzor11]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It would certainly make sense. They havent supported the war or the US since Bush took office in 2000.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well we had a American fighting for the Taliban so I guess I can believe this. Its pretty shocking though you expect foreign insurgants to come from places like Syria not France

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Before all the France Bashing starts all over again:
Let me remind you that an American Citizen was caught in Afghanistan fighting US Troops.
And judging by the Names of those people, they are not actually french but Arabs with French Passports.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayzor11

and we thought all along that the French weren't helping fight the War on Terror.....guess we were wrong

[edit on 18-11-2004 by rayzor11]

They are in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsuribito
Let me remind you that an American Citizen was caught in Afghanistan fighting US Troops.
And judging by the Names of those people, they are not actually french but Arabs with French Passports.

Ah, but don't you know how it works? If an American is caught fighting with the Taliban, it's just an American individual. If a French is caught fighting with the insurgents, the entire French nation is at fault.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts

Originally posted by tsuribito

Ah, but don't you know how it works? If an American is caught fighting with the Taliban, it's just an American individual. If a French is caught fighting with the insurgents, the entire French nation is at fault.

I'm not going to paint all of France with that brush...unless Chirac flies the bodies home for state funerals

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not I like the French by any means, but they have over a million muslims there and therefore I would actually be surprised if NO French muslims were there.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
What is the best way for the French government to react to this news? I don't really think there is much they can do. If we capture some French Arabs will America hand them over to the French authorities?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
HEY!

Someone has to do the gourmet cooking for the "freedom fighters".

"I sink we coud uze a leetle more butair on zeese dog brains, non?"
"Oui mon cher! You remine me of my Granfatheir, yet wisout ze camel spit!"

new topics

top topics

join