It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOD for a day......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
okay, you've been chosen to be a MOD for a day here at ATS...

what's the first thing you would do and why ?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would create a board called 'Drugs and Psychodelic experiences' and place it on Above Top Secret. I've been pushing for this ever since I became a member of ATS.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I would create a board called 'Drugs and Psychodelic experiences' and place it on Above Top Secret. I've been pushing for this ever since I became a member of ATS.

Mods cant create forums, only admins can.

But I would go about warning a few people, and give some good applauds.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would applaud everyone that took the time out to explain to Emily_Cragg that there is no planet X and what you are seeing is a lense flare or camera artifact.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Don't count on that, this probably won't ever happen on ATS. You know, I wanted this too, a while ago. But I've read a lot since then, and now I don't believe anymore that such experiences can help someone practice using some forgotten abilities of our mind(or brain). Instead of "igniting" some part of our brain that we don't usually use, drugs "put to sleep" parts of our brain that are used in everyday activities. This explain the "altered mind" feeling that they cause.

So if it's just "psychedelic fun", is there really any point discussing it?

If I was a Mod for a day I would... Seriously, I don't know what I would do. Maybe I'd close or move some of those "chit-chat" (IMO) threads that seem to appear lately in the "Board Questions & Business" forum.

If I was admin, I would make it so that people who register can't post before a year, so if they haven't lurked (and read) before, this would give them plenty of time to do so hehehehe.

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
i will make every member write a 5,000 essay one "Why infinite is great" then i will get drunk and post stupid things

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would go into the mod lounge and see whats in there first lol then head into the really above top secret section. Then just do what i have to do ex: warnings, bans etc thats mainly it ive never thought of becoming a mod on here its like applying for area 51 there are never any openings lol

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I wish I knew what was in the mod lounge too.T he only thing I've ever seen is their beer cellar. The Super Mods keep the door locked and just stick their heads out and bark orders every now and then. "Hey, bring us more beer"

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I wish I knew what was in the mod lounge too.T he only thing I've ever seen is their beer cellar. The Super Mods keep the door locked and just stick their heads out and bark orders every now and then. "Hey, bring us more beer"

hahhahah stocking up i see

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would have a look at all the private mod stuff. Find out what there hiding from the other members. Then I would give some warnings give some applause. Finally I would use my magic mod powers to make myself popular and take over the net. Then only super mods, SimonGray and Skeptic would be able to stop me.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

moding this place must be a very thursty job

i would do what i always do ( since i run my own board )
chillout

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Look at all the deleted threads. Give applauses to all my ats friends and find a way for when I am unmodded that I will get 5000 applauses. Muahahahahahahahahahah. And go into mod chat. I have always wanted to be there. I would also stop the evil squirrels from taking over ats. Deny NWO Squirrels!

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by cpr12r]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'd find the @#$#&^ who gave me this thing, curse at them in 14 diffrent languages, then hide for a month.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

haha thats just TC emergency storage locker. here is kanos lil fridge by his easy chair

and ill run and go take a pic of teh main ats beer locker. Hope SO dont catch me

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ok i secured some. Its a frigid 20 degrees in there so i could stay in there long. Rememebr this is only the anti room. The SUper Mod beer storage is locked

AND INTRODUCING FOR THE FIRST TIME KANO SPECIAL BREWER

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Ok i secured some. Its a frigid 20 degrees in there so i could stay in there long. Rememebr this is only the anti room. The SUper Mod beer storage is locked

AND INTRODUCING FOR THE FIRST TIME KANO SPECIAL BREWER

Somebody make me a Mod!!! I wonder what SO's private stash looks like. I can only imagine Friday nights in the Mod chat room. But seriously can one of you mods tell us members what mods chat about?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
haha i can only imagine fri nights in the mod lounge also cause i can never remember them

THe mods chat is a place were we draw random names of people to bann next
jk Its nottin special jus tlike yalls just with all the stuff from above on tap.

new topics

top topics

join