It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walnuts Are Drugs, Says FDA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Fylgje
Don't worry peoples. Monsanto will create a Walnut for all of us soon enough. The FDA will recommend it. I think we've learned their song and dance routine.

Sad but true....isn't collecting rainwater now banned in some states? Wuhhhhh?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Domo1
No way, you read the article?

No, I read the letter.

Think I'm one of very few that did, going by the comments here..

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I

luv

nuts

period

every

kind

of

u

really though. anything involving nuts is great. i could spend all night talking about it

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Months ago I listened to an episode of Kevin Smith Show where he had a field day with this. He and his callers were having a grand time cracking jokes comparing buying, growing, selling or eating walnuts to the drug trade. They had me in stitches.

Oh, dear, I just now found out about his passing when I googled his show to try to find the episode. This is sad. I enjoyed his show very much, but it's been months since I've listened.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Dr UAE
hahahahahaha let them come and take this from me

that is really ridiculous

Is it really necessary to post pictures of your nut sack? Some of us are trying to discuss stone fruits here.

I'm sorry... I couldn't resist.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I'm from the UK and over here they teach us to READ! Now having read the letter sent by the FDA they are not saying the walnut is a drug. What they are saying is that the advertising that the specific walnut producer is using is promoting the walnut as a drug. Thus it contravenes various acts.

Simple, stop advertising the walnut as a wonder drug and promote it as a food instead. Dah dah!

This thread is typically of ATS. Folks getting all agitated without bothering to check the facts. worse still somebody here did read the letter.....INCORRECTLY ...SHEEEESH!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

roundpyramid
Walnuts are actually very healthy. I remember reading an article about people eating them every day would become much older that average people who did not eat them at all. But I think that goes up for a lot of different nuts. Even peanuts are considered healthy.

Yeah, I used to know this guy in my village who started eating them every day at the age of fifty. He quickly became eighty years old, I think in the course of three years or so...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

jude11
"First they came for our guns...

Then they came for our nuts...

And finally...they came for our Cheezy Poofs...

That's when people took back their guns and nuts"

~Jude11~

Sad times indeed folks.

Peace

edit on 5-12-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I like this quote

peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You know what? I'm going to go around the corner to see my dealer and score some of the hulled stuff...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Meanwhile some FDA approved meat substitute called Quorn has just appeared on our supermarket shelves in South Africa, and it made me so violently sick two nights ago that I can still only barely move my arms.

No warning label, no nothing, although thousands of people have gotten sick from Quorn, and this effect has been known since 1977!

www.cspinet.org...

There should be nothing wrong with saying what vitamins and minerals foods like nuts contain, as long as one doesn't claim that they cure any medical condition.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

OMNOMNOM!I'm going to eat my nuts right now!

Huh?

As a wannabe weightlifter and functional food maniac,I'd recommend about 8 walnut halves a day and about 4 ounces of almonds(or unsalted peanuts)

Walnuts are astonishingly good at making your heart really healthy...beetroot is recommended by me as well.

Someone wrote something about Turmeric?Please consume no more than 3grammes a day,1gramme if you're tiny......It's poisonous(hepatoxic) in even moderate doses.Yes,I've managed it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

Domo1
No way, you read the article?

No, I read the letter.

Think I'm one of very few that did, going by the comments here..

The letter explaines it all perfectly you are absolutely right. Its completely out of context now

On a side note...
Last night I was so high after eating them, it was completely nuts

edit on 7-12-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I guess I am obliged to be the bad guy here

FDA says Walnuts are drugs and doritos are heart healthy

April 15th 2010 WOW

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Then they came for our nuts...

.........Yes, and my sources tell me that they were highly disappointed

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Sorry, didn't realize it was such old news and it had been posted before, I cant use the search function for some reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join