It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walnuts Are Drugs, Says FDA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They can take my walnuts from my cold, dead fingers. I eat them every day. What I don't eat every day is Frito Lay. Please someone save us from ourselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Once one loses their nuts, its all down hill from there...

No really.

Once a right is gone, its near impossible to get it back.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Don't worry peoples. Monsanto will create a Walnut for all of us soon enough. The FDA will recommend it. I think we've learned their song and dance routine.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Molon Labe!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Watch out you will end up on the nutter's nut list.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"FDA"

Fascist Drug Advocates

'nuff said

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We have three Black Walnut trees beside our house. If anyone wants to take them, I only ask that they stand in our yard without all that riot gear on when the wind blows. That should change their mind real quick. The trees are tall enough for the nuts to knock you out when they hit.
I guess if they were classed as a "drug", I would just be another "drug dealer". Of course, they are best in ice cream.

Come to think of it... I need another fix and quick.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Thats a great high res photo, now im hungry

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Yeap, FDA is backed up by greedy money hungry 'Drug Dealers' aka Big Pharma and walnuts are just another key to fighting cancer. Reminds me of this guy who was jailed for selling apricot seeds and Laetrile -Vitamin B17. Really stupid, since when did the FDA and Big Pharma think they own food?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Good points. The reason they think this is , that we allowed them to do so.

We got carried away with the charisma of the leaders of a political parties and did not look at the connections those individuals make with corporations like BIg Pharm and others for the ties that bind and the financial gains those political parties make.

They have been selling us political lemons as leaders for so long and we have sucked on those lemons and called it nectar.
edit on 5-12-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Yeah, I read that a while back. Diamond walnuts put on their labels that they were healthy and contained antioxidants. The FDA made them take it off the labels or be forced to stop selling them. Only in America folks- land of the free huh?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

The first gov't person that grabs my nuts is gonna get a kick in his!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I thought that too when I was reading the article, but all Diamond Foods did was to advertise the truth about walnuts on their packaging. Well, the truth according to the scientific method which is the method that is used by the FDA (yeah right!). So to say that the label places the walnut in a drug category is to say that the walnut is a drug. If I were to print on a bottle of sodapop that it aids digestion, and nothing else, then does that make it a drug?

DIJESTO
Can aid minor digestive troubles

Ingredients: Water, HFCS, Colour 120, Flavour 345

Walnuts are the oldest tree food known to man, dating back to 7000 B.C. The walnut was first cultivated in California by the Franciscan Fathers in the late 1700s. Looks like the US is the third largest walnut producer in the world, so I would expect Americans to know what they are and that they are a food. It isn't like you Diamond Foods was trying to sell gingko nuts or something. I agree that FDA is not trying to take people's nuts but they are trying to supress the consumption of them as a health imparting food.

I am wanting to add walnut and hazelnut oil to my range, currently I am waiting for a guy who has a seed oil press to crush my nuts....

edit on 5/12/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Well, this explains why squirrels run out in front of cars............they are on walnuts.
edit on 6-12-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
First almonds now walnuts. But Doritos are fine...

Almonds are considered drugs but Doritos are healthy
edit on 6-12-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Cinrad

It would appear that the FDA's statements have been taken out of context.

They are not saying walnuts are drugs, they are saying the claims made by Diamond Foods places walnuts in the drug category.

No way, you read the article?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I love walnuts, I eat them and almonds every single day. I also drink chia seeds in blackberry hibiscus juice (Mama Chia), Try it. Lima beans are also a super food that are very high in protein. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Healthy people are bad for profit, and they live long enough to enjoy their retirement money.
From a corporate point of view that's bad!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

That is awesome, thank you for this information!
I have always loved walnuts, I will be getting more and possibly planting my own tree!
Much appreciated

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

World Top Ten Walnut Producing Countries
Country Production(2001)(Tonnes)
USA 276,690
China 252,347
Iran 168,031
Turkey 116,000
Ukraine 55,130
Romania 33,942
India 31,000
France 29,176
Yugoslavia 23,600
Greece 21,927

www.mapsofworld.com...

If we can take control of Iran and Turkey we can double our yearly production (produce nearly 60% of the earths walnuts) and really stick it to the Chinese by crashing the market. It would drive them nuts.

edit on 6-12-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join