It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. King's face found in a cloud in iconic 1960s photograph

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
(To the admins: On [www.abovetopsecret.com... my thread] on the faces in the cloud in the Selma to Montgomery march photograph I was pretty much called a liar - and worse! Only a couple of users said that they think I'm sincere. For their sake and mine, please allow me to prove my nonsensical belief of foolishly thinking that I can see several faces in that cloud, faces and images which are in total context with what is happening in the iconic picture. I will endeavor to present proof by focusing on just one of the faces, that of Dr. Martin Luther King, and can do so with a little help from my friends. Or at least help from fair-minded users who can assist the thread by uploading an image or two - thank you in advance. I do not know, at least right now, how to do that myself. The "Dr. King" image can be found with either a link and your zoom, or just the zoom alone when used on the photograph below. Thanks.)

Aye, tis fair proof ye ask fer, mateys. So be it. Let’s take the voting rights related faces in the cloud one at a time.

This thread will point out “Dr. King’s” face in the picture.

Please read this first, then click on one of the two links below (uncyclopedia split into two uncylopedia’s early this year. Long story.). You will see a large photograph. Schroll over and look at the upper right-hand corner of the photograph, and zoom in on the area of the white clouds. It takes up much of the upper right-hand corner.
Zoom in at 250, and/or 300, and/or 400 percent.

There is an image of a black guy looking out from between the breaks in the white cloud. Upon looking at it further there are ways to see a faces, and for both of them maybe the best way is to see it is to find the image’s left eye.

The left eye of the black guy looking out from between the openings in the white cloud is near the top of the second opening, a ways in. The clouds form an almost perfect eye, with iris and eye socket intact. If you can see the eye, the face should pop into view. It’s a black guy, looking out from between the white clouds.

To see this image, please link to tha link below, go to the top right of the photo, and zoom. More details will follow. If someone can do a screen catch of that area at high zoom, or several high zooms, that would be quite helpful, and thanks in advance:

en.uncyclopedia.co... Guidebook to the faces, uncyclopedia.co

uncyclopedia.wikia.com... Guidebook to the faces, uncyclopedia at wikia

Here is a smaller copy of the picture, and a high-zoom look at the upper right-hand corner may be enough, although the picture at the source is larger. This one does the job at 300% or 400% zoom.

I’m seeing two ways to look at the image that I’m calling Dr. King. Find the left eye again, and imagine it looking almost straight at you but looking a little down, so it watches the marchers. In this angle the image’s mouth and chin are either seen or can be thought of as being obscured by the lower white cloud. It could arguably be Dr. King.

In another view, the left eye is looking not at the viewer, but almost exactly sideways along the picture. That image has a mouth with large feminine lips. Let’s call that image, for sake of a better label, Mrs. Coretta Scott King (I know, I know, sounding crazy as a loon. But when I look at the image zoomed like that, and see one possible image looking sideways, it sure looks a little like Mrs. King. I just found that one as I was typing this post. What can I say, I can only report what I see.)

Thanks for having a go. I’m going to leave this thread for a few hours, so have at it. For those of you who can see Dr. King or Mrs. King in this goddess forsaken and/or saken cloud - or at least see the black guy I’m calling Dr. King – well, to quote the bard, “Welcome to the monkey house”.

edit on 5-12-2013 by Aleister because: paragraph break

edit on 5-12-2013 by Aleister because: few words

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I looked and the only thing that I saw that looked even remotely like a face was this.

Star and flag just for posting a great picture..

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

I'm still here. Thanks, but that's not the upper right-hand corner of the picture, where the King face seems to be. Look there, where the white clouds are, and if you can post that section, very appreciated. I'll have to look at what you found, I don't know where that is on the picture. Thanks.

edit on 5-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I did look at the top right corner and just do not see anything.
Do you see the face in what I posted? Or am I crazy?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

So, you took the time to author a thread about a thread you previously authored that points out the same things except with the addition of stating your disapproval of what people thought about your previous thread?

On another note, nobody really called 'you' a liar, since you didn't take the photo for 1 and you weren't the original author to claim there are faces in the clouds, you're just rehashing thoughts and photos that you read/found on the internet or elsewhere in which somebody else originally claimed/said could be seen in the photograph.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

alienjuggalo

I did look at the top right corner and just do not see anything.
Do you see the face in what I posted? Or am I crazy?

Yes, you are crazy, and yes, I can see a couple of faces in your section.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

unb3k44n7

So, you took the time to author a thread about a thread you previously authored that points out the same things except with the addition of stating your disapproval of what people thought about your previous thread?

On another note, nobody really called 'you' a liar, since you didn't take the photo for 1 and you weren't the original author to claim there are faces in the clouds, you're just rehashing thoughts and photos that you read/found on the internet or elsewhere in which somebody else originally claimed/said could be seen in the photograph.

I'm focusing on one face on this thread, not the entire menagerie. Yes, I am the original author.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

Same here.There is really nothing going on in those clouds.

People should know that you can see whatever you want to see in things such as clouds and trees.

EDIT: I see a few more faces including the one of Dr.King but it's nothing special.
edit on 5/12/13 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

This is the upper right corner at 300%

Im trying to see what you are seeing lol but I just don't..

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Aleister

unb3k44n7

Yes, I am the original author.

No, not technically.
The claim there are faces in the clouds was not your original claim or idea.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

alienjuggalo

This is the upper right corner at 300%

Im trying to see what you are seeing lol but I just don't..

Thanks. Alright, go in a little along the top of the Share label and the "e" in share. If you look along that bracket of space there is a section of the cloud that forms an almost perfect eye. That would be the images left eye (his left, your right). If your brain can get hold of that eye the face and head should pop in. There is a nose, a mouth, a hairline (the hairline is in the dark space in the top opening in the white cloud) and other facial features.

I really have to leave for a few hours, but this one post alone should be enough for at least one or a few people to see the face. Thanks to those who take the time to look.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

unb3k44n7

Aleister

unb3k44n7

No, not technically.

Yes, although the James Bevel face was "discovered" in 2009 the other faces, including the only one I'm focused on in this thread, were "discovered" as I wrote the uncyclopedia page. Maybe I'm good at seeing faces in clouds, but the key is to point those out well enough so that other people can see them. I'm trying to do so without having to trace them, as I don't know how to do that and haven't learned since yesterday. Thanks for looking for clarity.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I guess you like Arken's threads too.

But seeing faces is what our brains are somewhat hard wired to do.
mysteryhistory.tv...
www.livescience.com...

edit on 12/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The more I look at what I posted the more it stands out to me.

I circled what I am looking at so maybe it would stand out to others.

Well kinda circled

edit on 5-12-2013 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Phage
I guess you like Arken's threads too.

But seeing faces is what our brains are somewhat hard wired to do.
mysteryhistory.tv...
www.livescience.com...

edit on 12/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I know, but the key is to be able to point them out to others so they can see them. In this thread and my original I'm saying that the faces found are in context with the photograph, an iconic photo of the Selma to Montgomery march. As I'm focused on this thread on Dr. King, if he can be seen by others besides myself (and I know that the brain hard-wires something like this if looked at enough, so I can see it instantly), then that starts a series of other faces which are all in context as well (except for Hellboy, named yesterday). Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I'm afraid my hardware needs an upgrade. Or maybe just a flash.
I don't see any faces in those particular clouds.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

alienjuggalo

Well kinda circled

Exactly, that's how the brain sees things like this, as Phage indicated. The more you look at it the more hard-wired your find is. Now, if you can show it's contours enough for others to see it, then that makes it real to someone else. I'd like to be able to see yours, and see if it fits any voting rights movement image. Is yours looking down upon the line of marchers? Thanks again. (going to have to yank myself away from this soon)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

sry I edited my post because I put in the wrong picture.. I still don't see the face in the upper right..

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

alienjuggalo

Well kinda circled

edit on 5-12-2013 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

Where is that on the larger photo, that may be the Bevel face but I don't know where you're taking it from. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Aleister

unb3k44n7

Aleister

unb3k44n7

No, not technically.

Yes, although the James Bevel face was "discovered" in 2009 the other faces, including the only one I'm focused on in this thread, were "discovered" as I wrote the uncyclopedia page. Maybe I'm good at seeing faces in clouds, but the key is to point those out well enough so that other people can see them. I'm trying to do so without having to trace them, as I don't know how to do that and haven't learned since yesterday. Thanks for looking for clarity.

Oh wow, you DID actually write the uncyclopedia page on it. My argument is invalid then.

I actually already looked at the photo on Tuesday night for a while and could only vaguely find the alleged Lady Liberty cloud on the bottom right and what looks like a shape of a face in the cloud that one of the users above posted a close up of that is not even pointed out on your article.

But anyways we all see what we want, whether it be rocks that looks like buildings, creatures and faces on Mars, or faces in clouds, or nothing at all.

Although it doesn't hold truth or weight, it is fun to look at. Thanks for the entertainment.

edit on 12/5/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join