It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Stock Market Crash In January

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I'm just wondering what the outcome of a major crash would be. How would we rebound..

Retirement funds, savings and pensions would be vaporized. Tons of rich people would become poor and it would probably be the great depression 2.0. The current poor people would suffer as support structures collapsed and I believe this time we would get martial law imposed. IMO.

As far as a rebound, the 1% will be fine and eventually the currency and economies would recover. It's the worst thing I can think of that could happen to us barring a gigantic asteroid strike.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I see this happening now - people all around me are going hungry and scraping by while the government tightens the belt (I'm not on the programs but know a lot of people who are and they are getting cut left and right - or cut off for tiny infractions such as not signing a paper in time). It's looking as if it's a set up for something since I've never seen this happen to people at this rate (I serve many of these people and do community service so see lines getting longer; people hurting more).

I only know what I was told but like I said - it could be outdated information so I'm listening to you all. I know some who have absolutely everything in retirement accounts and have to pray they are paying attention (these are people who think like me - the government wouldn't let this happen - they are secure accounts). This is the mindset I'm stuck in because I believe it would cause a response like we have never seen and therefore think the government would be forced to fix it. It sounds naive as I type even but it has been drilled into so many people's heads that we're safe. Conditioning maybe.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Hi thanks for the reply back. If you make under 12 dollars an hour you are going to be screwed in the next 2 years because of inflation. This is because of the amount of money being printed and plunged into the economy.

This has happened before.......Weimar Republic Germany. It can only end one way......Hyper Inflation. Everyone's spending power is being lost day by day month by month. And the lowest wage earners are about to be screwed. This is why you see story after story of people demanding higher pay for service jobs. They are screwed.

This is not a prediction it is a FACT.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

This is why the lines at places like food banks are getting longer then. Makes sense now. They can't stretch their dollars so look to donations. I would have thought the poor would do better since they know how to manage on so little but yep - I see it now. It was a huge difference this thanksgiving when compared to last. Unprecedented. All of the volunteers and staff commented on it being the biggest year on record for this program (help with food). Sadly - they ran out of food but not people so we all know what that means. That's very hard to see happen.

I hope to God this impending crash isn't why the government is cutting so many off though. And this is also unprecedented - am consulting with coworkers about it - trying to figure out why so many of these stories have crossed our paths in just the last few weeks - most recent from today - a blind man who one of my coworkers helps on her days off called her and she got off the phone looking stumped - "something is wrong - he sounds like he is crying". Told her to call back and find out. Took him forever to tell her but he lost his housing benefits. I still don't know why but he is blind, has no home at the end of the month, and it is in the negative digits outdoors (what a day to find out).

If our government takes this wheezily way out I know it will cause the death and starvation of too many to count. I hope this is all just a strange coincidence (thought it was until tonight but now wondering), and has nothing to do with whatever your all speaking of.
I only hope people will band together to help one another if this goes down again, and if it does - we must demand another type of economy - never to allow this again.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

If you want to get an idea what this will do to retirement accounts or pensions just keep an eye on Detroit's bankruptcy proceedings. Pension funds are going to take up to an 80% loss.

As far as secure accounts I don't believe there is such a thing. If these funds are in money market accounts or simple cash only accounts there is still the hyper-inflation factor SubTruth spoke of. Looking at the example he gave you'd need $20 million in your account to even survive.

The government will be unable to help much if their money is worthless. That's exactly why "Everything is OK" is being drilled into peoples heads. And why DHS and FEMA are ramping up big time.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well that can explain why Dow was surging based on nothing. I if were a millionaire i would be doing some planning about the state of my wealth should this market crash occur.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So pulling the money out wouldn't help much unless you turned that money into goods (food, clothing, etc.). I will take this into account and share it with others. How long would this hyper inflation last? A year or two?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Those are always good ideas. Having physical gold and silver is a good idea as well. As for how long, when the Weimar Republic ended they got Hitler so we're talking decade(s) maybe. This is just guessing though.

If you want to check it out. Weimar Republic

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I read it. The government defaulted which set the stage for hyperinflation (all due to IOU's not backed by enough product - much like us). This allows for a power takeover. What a mess. People continue to fall into the trap.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If the money is worthless...and theres no more pensions and such, just how are the plebes gonna pay for medical service or their medicine?
Whos coffin up the hip replacement dough pray tell?.................
Such a crash would be not only devastating, but it would be murder on a lot of people....they may literally die of one cause or another.....
That many more latch key kids or worse.....multiply the homeless population by fourfold or more.....
Its damn cold out there ....people gonna turn up stiff all over the place, just you wait n see....this will be a barn burner compared to the plague or the thirties.....desperation will not cover the situation by a long shot......people will be on fight or flight mode....for some time.....
Which is actually the perfect time for the new mind control methods to be trotted out en mass......
Big Bro on steroids .fellow citizens......................
edit on 5-12-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Corrections will always occur. But the fact that the index evolution of 1929 looks similar to today's one doesn't mean the same crash will happen. It's a different world than some 85 years ago. And in my experience there's no way of predicting stock evolution. Sure, you might think it's possible but if you take a sober look at it there's a 50% chance it will drop or rise, lol. I, for one, think a correction will happen some time around May. Hence the saying: "Sell in May, buy in September"

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Pretty scary...
We'll know by Jan 14 atleast..

In saying that, Australia has agreed to raise its debt level $300 billion to $500 billion.

That can only be a good thing for another western economy... DEBT..

Whats the USA's debt ceiling at?

Hows the UK doing?

Europe back on track yet?

It's coming.. no doubt about it.. but that graph says it happens on a minutes notice.. I think it'll take a week or two to bring it to its knees this time.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I mean come on people, we have all had the opportunity to see and watch this heading our way. And the worst has yet to come people! I always new somehow that money was going to be annihilated as the way of paying for stuff and services during my lifetime. I have waited for this moment for many many years. And I really do hope that money will vanish and we will find a much better, an easier and a more honest way of providing businesses or stuff or services. There will be an end to everything some time some how so why not now?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Dianec
We would never see another Great Depression due to Monopoly money and bail outs. So what difference does it make anymore. The risk is always there but it wouldn't be as dire as back then - lessons were learned. Interesting how it looks like that period of time though.

It could be worse. What would happen if hyperinflation hit? A wheelbarrow full of cash to buy a loaf of bread? It would cost you money to go to work. It could be much worse then the great depression.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

beezzer
Look at the bond market.

When interest rates start climbing, jump on the bond market and get out of the stock market.

My 2 cents.

Out of the stocks? Haha hell no

When the bubbles burts im ready to short, short, short

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

A few things I have to add to this discussion - for one, I just noticed that the chart was skewed - on one side, the stock market more than doubles from 150 points to 400 points, while on the other side, it goes from 12400 to 18000.

The other thing that I wanted to add was that the Strauss-Howe Generational Theory (Strauss-Howe Generational Theory.

The theory is that we repeat patterns in segments of 20 years, in a total 80 year cycle. I have already been sensing a resonance with the current U.S. and Germany during the 1930's for a lot of reasons - and we are now in the 2010's.

January, 2014 and September, 1929 are only 3-4 years off according to Generational Theory. And if there was a further economic and social collapse in the U.S. I could see that leading up to an attractive nationalist movement.

Here is their website: McClellan Financial Publishings

Interesting! It is named after the McClellan oscillator. This is something that I had completely forgotten about. I wanted to check the website to get a feeling for how accurate the source was.
edit on 05amThu, 05 Dec 2013 09:52:27 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by beezzer

She tried to rope me into going out with her full time.

maybe she wanted to get tied down in a long term relationship?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Bassago

Well that can explain why Dow was surging based on nothing. I if were a millionaire i would be doing some planning about the state of my wealth should this market crash occur.

That may not matter much. The IMF is agitating for a global wealth tax kind of like what Cypress did to everyone there. You may find out that how much you have won't matter if they just move in a take it. What's to stop them, especially if they do it globally.

They all know that the entire world is in trouble, and they see that lots of us have stuff they don't because of their own poor management.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by roundpyramid

Because you can't conceive of the true cost of what it will be like until some semblance of order is restored.

I have a very young child to try to provide for.

This is the very last thing I want to have happen. It's hard enough without the very fabric of society unraveling.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

SubTruth

Dianec
We would never see another Great Depression due to Monopoly money and bail outs. So what difference does it make anymore. The risk is always there but it wouldn't be as dire as back then - lessons were learned. Interesting how it looks like that period of time though.

You are wrong on a many levels...........We currently have a currency bubble and when this one goes it will make the great depression look like the roaring twenties.

You mention that we learned our lessons.........I am not sure what to say to that other then you are wrong. We will see hyper inflation in 2014 some time I believe and when it comes it will be epic.

I can actually prove what I am saying look at all the lower paid workers they are screwed. They can not afford to live anymore.

I have to agree with

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join