It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs Website Idea I Want to Go Viral!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I had an idea for a job website and I was going to make this myself, but I don’t have the time and I just want this idea to go viral and for the website to come into existence by someone who has the expertise to pull this off.

The idea is simple – users make an account, posts videos of themselves performing a job skill, host that video on a website like YouTube, make a link to that video post on their profile, and enters that they are looking for a job within a certain number of miles from a certain zip code. Other people can rank how well that person did in that skill and give feedback on how to improve their skills. This service will always be free for users.

Businesses that want to contact potential workers create an account and are verified to make sure they are an actual company. They then search for people with certain skills in their zip code and instantly find the highest ranked individuals looking for work in their area. The business can then watch the person do those skills and see for themselves if the person’s skills matches what they are looking for – a video resume instead of staring at a piece of paper. The company would then pay $1 to access that person’s email to get in contact with them. I believe the major job posting boards charge several hundred dollars to post one job, so companies would definitely pay $1 to get in direct contact with workers with the skills they are seeking (multiplied by thousands, the website could pay for itself).

I had this idea a few months ago - there are so many people looking for work right now and it would just be incredible to connect these people in such great need of a job directly to companies who are looking to hire in a completely new way. Please spread the word as if everyone can have a much more efficient way of finding jobs, our economy can start to thrive again.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The idea is simple – users make an account, posts videos of themselves performing a job skill,

Other people can rank how well that person did in that skill and give feedback on how to improve their skills.

Is it wrong of me that the first thing that popped into my head when I read that was prostitutes and strippers?

Now I hoping that Proctologist don't use this service.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

Neat idea if it can be made to work. Hard part will be keeping bots/spammers/trolls at bay. (Craigslist has more than enough if you tried similar going that route.) I know I wouldn't mind using something like that to find a better job than what I'm currently doing. (Underpaid and not using any of the stuff I learned in college, let alone doing anything related to my degree.)

Another catch might be that it's easy enough to look at people demonstrating skills without having to go through any intermediary site. I'm sure if you browsed YouTube for "X job wanted" or "looking for work in X field" you could find such videos without too much difficulty. What will be the attraction past looking for potential hires that way?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

Already created..

LinkedIn.com

Edit- For reals people. That site has majority of those features. You can even search companies that are hiring and send them your LinkedIn account.
edit on 4-12-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What happened to looking for jobs in the newspaper in your local area? Just think of the newspaper jobs it would create if everyone bought a newspaper.

I hate resumes, I would rather hire a person who was looking for work fill out an aplication. Trying to figure out what is real when it is in a bunch of writing sucks. Job experience________ Reason for leaving_____References_______ Experience_______ It was so much easier hiring when people filled out applications.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
To is a preposition when used before the word go in English and a verb conjugation in Spanish - Tell us if and when it actually HAS gone viral, and then I'm sure we'll all be very much enthused to hear all about it!

edit on 12/4/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

My impression is that people view LinkedIn as a way to keep in touch with business associates, not searching for jobs. LinkedIn wouldn’t have the extreme focus this site would have as the only function of the website would be for employers to enter their zip code and immediately find the best ranked workers and be able to view their work and personality immediately without any kind of interview.

unb3k44n7: I fully admitted I don’t have the time or expertise for creating this website and obviously the current methodology of finding jobs is failing miserably. This is my effort in creating new trains of thought and break through the current malaise in hiring people.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

apcbm4
reply to post by ChuckNasty

My impression is that people view LinkedIn as a way to keep in touch with business associates, not searching for jobs. LinkedIn wouldn’t have the extreme focus this site would have as the only function of the website would be for employers to enter their zip code and immediately find the best ranked workers and be able to view their work and personality immediately without any kind of interview.

unb3k44n7: I fully admitted I don’t have the time or expertise for creating this website and obviously the current methodology of finding jobs is failing miserably. This is my effort in creating new trains of thought and break through the current malaise in hiring people.

Most 'good' paying jobs are found through networking. Think networking is responsible for about 90% of job placement. LinkedIn is a nice networking aid where you can find old bosses, coworkers, family, friends, etc. Odds are, they know someone hiring for a position that you would qualify for. They would be your rating.

But the idea of the site is a good one. Would seem to benefit those in a trade or any hand on field.

top topics

join