Video called ‘Forget About The Price Tag’ wins HHS grand prize

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services initiated a contest last August to produce a video that will promote ObamaCare.

Well the masterpiece has been awarded and finalized.

Looks to me like it may do more harm than good.

The Department of Health and Human Services has crowned a YouTube video entitled “Forget About The Price Tag” as the grand prize winner in a contest meant to encourage young people to sign up for Obamacare.

The video contest, announced in August — in partnership with a group called Young Invincibles — encouraged participants to produce clips filled with pro-Obamacare messaging.

HHS’s grand prize-winning video, announced Monday by the White House, features a young woman named Erin McDonald singing an Obamacare-loving version of Jessie J’s hit single, “Price Tag.”

Definitely not getting any MTV Music Video Awards ......

Video called ‘Forget About The Price Tag’ wins HHS grand prize for promoting Obamacare

"Forget About the Price Tag"

Well --- is it a winner ?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I just mentally shook my head and philosophically barfed. "Slut" has a new definition for me.

edit on 4-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Just as mediocre as the ACA website. I mean, the singing itself isn't terrible.. But all she did was take an existing mainstream song and make it slightly about the ACA. How creative...
But what can you expect from someone who favors the ACA.

And I think a more accurate lyric would be "forget about the health care".

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Looks like a tooth paste commercial.

But she sold out to the Devil himself.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The GUT
"Slut" has a new definition for me.

You meant she whored out, right Gut..? If so, spot on as usual mi amigo.

edit on 4-12-2013 by facelift because: Add she and delete stupid stuff

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
*yawn*

If that was the BEST submission they received, I wonder how dull and mediocre the rest of the submissions were? I feel sorry for the guy who had to look at them all and pick out a winner (dartboard anyone?).

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

facelift
You meant she whored out, right Gut..? If so, spot on as usual mi amigo.

You, Sir, are so right. My apologies to our passionate and compassionate "real" sluts. Whores are more corporate/capitalistic inclined, and as such fit the bill more nicely.

Sorry, sluts, for realz! I even insulted myself...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I flagged that video as false representation of a product! I think everyone else should too.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"Ain't about the ca-ching ca-ching ca-ching!" HAR!!

Every night, somewhere in the USA, a drunken insurance executive shifts his fat ass, tilts his scotch and soda and slurs, "That Barry O is a swell guy!" before checking his stock options and texting his mistress.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Really?

How big was this contest? Were applicants from only 1 city allowed to submit an entry?

She's sitting in her messy bedroom doing an obvious voice over...
Without even discussing how terrible the message is, it feels forced & fake...like she did 30 takes & still couldn't get it to be any better...completely plastic.

Wow...

Surprised they didn't try to pay her $500 million for it though since an argument could easily be made that it is still a better product than that piece of crap website they tried to put out the first week.
edit on 4-12-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

FortAnthem

*yawn*

If that was the BEST submission they received, I wonder how dull and mediocre the rest of the submissions were? I feel sorry for the guy who had to look at them all and pick out a winner (dartboard anyone?).

I liked these, but they don't Praise Obamacare

Obama won't give out an award for the truth being told, he won't know the Truth if it Slapped him
on his face.
edit on 4-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This page apparently has more winner "contestants" and their masterpiece gems in different catagories...

The Obamacare video contest winners are in and they’re as amazing as you hoped

Amazing.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
People are shocked this was the best entry as if kids these days are clamoring to make pro ACA videos

I would be interested to know how many submissions they had though.

What kind of message is that? Sounds like what the kids were told about college too "forget about the price tag" hows that working out for the online liberal arts degrees as they demand $15 an hour to flip burgers to pay off loans.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If this is meant to be universal healthcare why is there a price tag???

Sounds like its just insurance that you dont get to choose the provider.

And is it really called Obama care? I thought it was just a piss take. How arrogant you gotta be to name a new program after yourself.

Obama is a wanker

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
how lovely to see such highbrow comments on this site.
Lets not talk about the policy but lets instead aim our misogynistic barbs at the girl in the video.
Lets makes refences to her sexual proclivities. lets make out that she must be sexually deviant because we dont agree with her view on a political policy.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is pretty much the worst video ever made. Nobody is going to be influenced by it. Don't worry about the price tag, just cough it up you young & heathy folks. Then cough it up again when you wreck your motorcycle and find out your deductible is $8000.

new topics
top topics

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 7 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def