It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think only UFO's make crazy turns and other such movement in the sky?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Now obviously this is anything but a UFO. It's a radio controlled helicopter. Now imagine this strung up at night with LED's flying this sort of erratic flight patterns. I've heard people on this very forum state so many times that said UFO flew in a way as such that there is no way it could be a man made craft. Well I would say this video pretty much trashes that very statement. Yes this is an RC craft and a small one at that. If you had a pilot as talented as this guy they could seriously mess with a lot of peoples heads if they so chose to.
edit on 4-12-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Waaayyyycool!!

Is it possible to do that with a real helicopter?
Many cases state that there is no noise or a little hum, are there full size electric "drones" so to speak?
Cool vid!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

I know that the red bull stunt copter can do barrel rolls and such.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Im2keul
reply to post by w810i

Waaayyyycool!!

Is it possible to do that with a real helicopter?

power to weight ratio... g forces involved that no human being would survive and no material known to man would support to scale... that fast...

No.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

No doubt, Red bull gives you wings right? Lol

Would it be "full" size or "fun" size?

edit on 4-12-2013 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I was thinking that, but wasn't sure.
Thank you for the input.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

It is a full sized helo

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Agreed. Kind of like the way the human crop circle-makers make sport with the gullible "croppies."

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Justin Lee has mad RC skillz at just 5yrs old.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

thing's pretty loud. how come they never flew it eleven miles in one second like those fake ufos? fail

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

they change the pitch in the rotor blades so it's still pushing downward or another way to look at it is the helicopter is pushing "up"

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Amazing video ! The RC helicopter and their pilots have come a long way since the early 70s. You can make anything fly upside down the secret is making the machine think it is right side up.

The stuff he did in the video with prolonged hovering upside down is impossible with any helicopter I know about.

I have even had an old Huey upside down more than once and I am still alive.. but like I implied positive Gs and the bird could care less.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Good post and the video is cool to watch but i cant see that going 3000mph anytime soon

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's CGI mixed with real footage.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

yeah that sideways hover had me thinking hthdtdt?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Pretty awesome skills, I could never get a handle on a RC car alone, let alone a flying RC toy.

Now if you can get one or two more to circle around each other, without crashing, then I'd be hella impressed.

S & F.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Oh it would definetly be possible with full size helicopters, its just that to get similar power to weight ratio and be able to pull of manouvers like that (ignoring the g forces turning the pilot to pudding of course) you'd probably have to strap dual 250,000hp engines on a 200kg frame made of adamantium or something.

We already have helos that can pull off some nice tricks. Even the good old Lynx can do barrel rolls, backflips, frontflips, sideflips in vertical position and stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

merka
Oh it would definetly be possible with full size helicopters, its just that to get similar power to weight ratio and be able to pull of manouvers like that (ignoring the g forces turning the pilot to pudding of course) you'd probably have to strap dual 250,000hp engines on a 200kg frame made of adamantium or something.

We already have helos that can pull off some nice tricks. Even the good old Lynx can do barrel rolls, backflips, frontflips, sideflips in vertical position and stuff.

OH ! so the answer is actually NO then

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by w810i

thing's pretty loud. how come they never flew it eleven miles in one second like those fake ufos? fail

Thanks for adding something to the conversation Einstein.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Keep in mind that the UFO phenomena began at a time when we barely had jet planes and they had not yet broken the sound barrier. As for helicopters--they came along early in the 1940s, didn't really develop until after WWII, and they were hardly the craft we know today. So to insinuate that we can blame 'copters for UFO reports is a bit of a stretch. You realize how noisy 'copters used to be, as is the Blackhawks still are these days?

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the RC video you brought to us. The small RC craft don't make much noise, but then they won't be mistaken for a typical 30-foot domed craft landing in Grandpa's pasture, will they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join