It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious China-themed 'city' proposed in New York’s Catskills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Maybe they just want to build cities that will remain empty, like they did in Africa and in some part of China too.

--

Hey, what would happen with the Red Wings?

--

If you allow me, you're a real avatwhore... lol

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Quote of the last person entering the Gas Chamber....

"I Don't know what the big deal is!"

Classic!

I don't know if I should be laughing or screaming? DFI ts!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Ah, Don't touch the Red Wings! Even though they lost tonight(ugghhh!). Only to the private and privileged few!

They have earned their respect, one of the best managed from top to bottom professional sports organizations. Integrity, honesty, and loyalty and more.

Whats this thread about? I forgot.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My ex-wife is from that part of New York, and has a lot of family there. I bet this is really freaking them out.
I love it.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
the chinese have long memorys very long some of them will even remember great great grand father building railroad in america and getting treated like dirt and worked to death at the same time .

the shoe is on the other foot now the chinese run white powder to the white monkeys [guilow?] copy everything we make and are not as poor as we think yip they have long memories and our day is coming

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

New York’s Catskills,,

ohhh my God,, Vaudville is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and they said it was dead,,lol

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Hmmm...Big Trouble in Little China? Could be a ongoing story there.

Sorry...I just had to.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
China.... like every other Empire before it. Eventually runs out of clean land to farm and space to live on.

It will either buy or build this infrastructure to accommodate it's people, anywhere it can, or risk revolt.

But if you need to know what will happen in the future, just look to past empires.

Power is fragmented, infrastructure does not. The Chinese will become citizens of the world and in a hundred years. They will simply be your neighbor having a beer with you on the front yard.

Calm down and carry on.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This appears to be one of the planned "Special Economic Zones" that the Chinese gov't has convinced the US gov't to allow them to build.
There are over 250 of these zones being set up across the US.

One of these is just South of Boise, Idaho.
The China National Machinery Industry Corporation (Sinomach for short) plans to construct a "technology zone" which would ultimately be up to 50 square miles in size.
The planned "self-sustaining city" in Idaho would include manufacturing facilities, warehouses, retail centers and large numbers of homes for Chinese workers.

The following description of the company comes directly from the website of Sinomach....

"With approval of the State Council, China National Machinery Industry Corporation (SINOMACH) was established in January 1997. SINO-MACH is a large scale, state-owned enterprise group under the supervision of the State Assets Supervision and Administration Commission."
link

Sooo, Sinomach is basically an arm of the Chinese government.

These "special economic zones" will house and employ primarily Chinese Nationals, who will apparently be given "special U.S. customs treatment".
Sinomach has also sent delegations to Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania to explore the possibility of establishing "special economic zones" in those states.

link

link

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The Catskills are nice. The thought of it being over developed makes me sad.
The previous poster is right, they should have sold China .... DETROIT.
The Chinese could have cleaned it up nicely and that blighted area could be reclaimed.
But the Catskills???? Please no .....

PRS395
Don't touch the Red Wings! Even though they lost tonight(ugghhh!).

YES!! They lost to us! Amazing. We are having a LOUSY season. For your guys to have an (L)
on their record for playing against us ... WOW!

edit on 12/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Another Chinese ghost town that will sit half empty?

Why not?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Funny thing is in the NY Post they have a article claiming it will be more like "a Chinese Disneyland".

The place would feel like a trip to China just 90 miles outside New York city, as one area would mark parts of the Chinese Zodiac while another would have 16 buildings representing the major Chinese dynasties.
“Each dynasty will have its building and will have rides go with it,” Li said at a town council meeting in May where she pitched the original plan.
NY Post
No matter how we slice this, it is still weird. I can't figure out if it is to be a city or a amusement park
Obviously it is meant for the upper crust of Chinese society. The escape plan for when they totally ruin their countryside?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

'MURICA.

*hitches pants*

Not in 'MURICA, 'cause this is 'MURICA and Murica is fer Muricans!

*crushes beer can*

'MURICA.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No matter what happens the next great wave of american immigration is Asian... and out country is determined by the quality of our immigration and it has kind of sucked since the last great wave out of Europe. We befriend China and it's broad spectrum, we go to war or be hostile and it's all Japanese, SK and Tawanese when SHTF happens... none the less.

Personally, strong family unit, high priority on education...wont stand for "no child left behind non-sense" preference to sciences and entrepreneurial means of economics, learns the language readily, polite, quiet, low violence cultural behavior

open the city send invitations

because they beat the heck out of the Senegalese selling stolen hard rock cafe t-shirts on the street in NY and raping people.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

beezzer
*crushes beer can*

'MURICA.

Ok fella.
You almost had me convinced you were 'MURICAN right up till you crushed the beer can. A REAL 'MURICAN would have crushed it into his forehead then belched.

Good try. Now hop along....

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I just think we can suffer the ramifications of the negative sides of this.

Our kids... will have to have music lessons in school again, the kind none of us like...like violin, we are going to loose our teens growing up and gyrating on balls and chains and get used to them playing instruments again...

We might... end up surpassing Vietnam again in math scores

There will be a lot more restaurants

Phds will no longer be able to apply for grants in topics like "swimming does it matter" and "kool aid does it cure cancer" but rather stem cell research and other things most of us can't relate to.

There will be a body of people fluent in more than one language

Fast food sales will decline and the average life expectancy will increase.

freedom of speech will decline when less people verbally assault you on the bus.

Meth and Crack use will likely decline...

But I think... as Americans we can live with these negative changes despite the impact on our personal lives. Yes... I KNOW Algebra Sucks...and WE WILL be forced to turn down the tv while they study, but everyone deserves a chance to be free right?

Look I don't look forward to the snow actually being shoveled when I walk through the hood, nor do I want tea replacing my grape drank, cars with good gas mileage manufactured in detroit will hurt big oil...trailer parks where people garden and landscape just ups the bar for the rest of us...

People will be put out of work... Boot Camp instructors for teens, Pimps, shop lifting "spotters"... many careers will vanish overnight, the jobs that replace them... selling stuff in stores for commission are jobs no one wants, anime... it isn't about flatulence like the cartoons we know and love. The kind of diet these people eat...high in cancer fighting vegetables not delicious like our sugary pastries and soda.

But as Americans we have to sometimes make sacrifices.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

geobro

ItsEvolutionBaby

geobro
one word caught my attention in that article WETLANDS maybe it is for all the farms in canada or to cool the nuke plants they are going to build in the u.k .

could not make it up could you

... we have been invaded and not a shot fired

We have plants planned in Canada, too.
And on the last lines of your quote - agreed.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Whose laws are going to be enforced in these "chinese economic cities"? Are the chinese going to be able to move out of these cities if they want to? What kind of tax situations are there going to be?

I'm sure this is what the - I'm going to get this wrong - the Trans Pacific Partnership treaty that john kerry signed behind the americans backs - giving corporations the ability to flaunt any kind of law of the nation they are practicing in - including environmental laws?

These issues really need to be looked into - this sounds like NWO - no soveriegn nations - only world corporate law, run by the corporate UN.

I can't believe the chinese gov't is going to allow "free" internet usage, like we americans supposedly have.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I have mixed emotions about this. Just recently, I visited San Francisco and roamed around Chinatown and thought that the neighborhood was well incorporated into the city. I was looking for Big Trouble in Little China, but sadly it was not to be found. Nonetheless, I had great food. But I digress.
Just last month I read somewhere that some Chinese company was going to build an entire financial district/city, east of Johannesburg, South Africa. I will have to use my google-fu (pun intended) to find that article again. Then the recent revelations that Chinese corporate/government spies were caught in Canada and in the U.S. and how spyware was found in the electronics that the U.S. Armed forces have incorporated into their systems. Yesterday I read that their educational system scored much better than other countries, including the U.S.
I might have to go back to school and learn Mandarin and find me a Chinese bride.
If you can't beat them, join them.

Kratos

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

SLAYER69

dashen

its really weird though there's no jobs up here no prospects and they're going to build a city in the middle of the boonies?

A whole city to build?
Sounds like they may need supplies and laborers

That doesn't mean anything for American workers. They'll use Chinese laborers and probably break every labor law here in the states. One thing about Chinese is they don't spend a dollar helping any Americans. Every dollar they spend here in the states is on Chinese products, Chinese food or anything Chinese and they do every thing they can to make sure those dollars go back home. I've been selling shirts at craft fairs and county fairs, etc. all summer and fall this year and I run into a lot of Chinese selling cheap imported junk from China. I pay attention to them and they'll never spend any money on American. They won't even eat food unless it's Chinese. I've had many Asians come past my booth this year and as soon as I see them walking up, I know they're not purchasing, and sure enough, I've never once had an Asian make a purchase.

Bottom line...the Chinese like our money and that's about it. It's just like the trade imbalance. Chinese aren't good for America! They bring no jobs. They bring nothing but cheap products and hurt American workers. Even at the markets where I sell my merchandise, they sell all their knockoffs so cheap they destroy the honest vendors because they can't lower their prices that much. I saw them just flood the Covered Bridge Fest in Indiana with cheap knock off North Face jackets. North Face has their $200 jackets made in a Chinese plant, some Chinaman at the plant brings the plans right down the street to his brother who then makes the identical jacket by the tons, ships them off to America to sell in these fairs and markets for $30. This is just one example of the many products they are selling illegally at these markets.

Pay attention to it. Have you ever seen the Chinese eating in a cafe, shopping in a mom and pop market, taking the kids to the go kart track, or spending money anything American? They're not here to spend money into the American economy. They're here to suck it out.

The Chinese are not good for America, people. Wake Up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join