FBI Final Warning Notice Scam - From Nigeria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is the latest scam letter I got in my email box today I am starting to get really upset with these idiots sending me this and I block them and spam them but they keep coming. This is the entire letter that I copied from my email address. Is their somewhere I can report these letters, and have any of you gotten letters like this. I personally know someone who fell for a letter like this and was scammed.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION.
J. Edgar Hoover Building, 935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 USA.

FBI.gov is an official site of the U.S. Federal Government, U.S. Department of Justice.

Attention:  Funds Beneficiary,

Ref.: FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FINAL WARNING NOTICE.

Dear Beneficiary,

THIS IS THE FINAL WARNING YOU ARE GOING TO RECEIVE FROM THIS OFFICE AND I
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MANY TIMES THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT TO YOU?

This is the Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) using this medium to inform you that there is no more time left to waste because you have been given from the 3rd of October till this moment and you have failed to secure the required Wire Transfer Documents from Office of the Presidency as stated earlier and you must adhere to this directives to avoid you blaming yourself at last when we must have arrested and jailed you and all your properties confiscated.

You failed to comply with our directives to secure the Wire Transfer Document from Office of the Presidency and that was the reason why we didn't hear from you on the 3rd of October as promised and our Executive Director Mr. James B. Comey, Jr has already been notified about this situation report and to get the process completed you have to secure the Wire Transfer Documents from Office of the Presidency immediately with the help of Mr. John Abdull or the warrant of arrest which has been signed against you will be carried out in the next 72hours as strictly signed by the FBI Executive Director Mr. James B. Comey, Jr.

As a good Christian and a honest man, I have decided to see how I could be of help to you because I would not be happy to see you end up in jail and all your properties confiscated, I called Mr. John Abdull of the Office of the Presidency who will help you secure the Wire Transfer Documents and he stated that he will assist you as soon as you send to him the sum of US$198.00 Only and I believe this process is cheaper for you.

You need to do everything possible within today and tomorrow to send the US$198.00 to Mr. John Abdull who will help you secure the Wire Transfer Documents in your name because our Executive Director Mr. James B. Comey, Jr has called to inform me that the warrant of arrest has been signed against you and once it has been approved, then the arrest will be carried out and from our investigations we learnt that you were the person that forwarded your identity to one impostor/fraudsters in Nigeria when he had a deal with you about the transfer of some illegal funds into your Bank Account which is valued at the sum of US$10,500,000.00.

I pleaded with the FBI Executive Director Mr. James B. Comey, Jr on your behalf so that this agency could give you 72 hours so that you can secure the Wire Transfer Documents with the help of Mr. John Abdull as soon as you send the sum of US$198.00 to him as this is the only way that I can be able to help you at this moment or you would have to face the law and its consequences once it has befall you.

You have to make the payment through Western Union Money Transfer with the below details.

TRANSFER TO:-

RECEIVER: RAPHEAL OSUAGWU
ADDRESS:  LAGOS, NIGERIA
QUESTION: GOOD
ANSWER: GOOD
AMOUNT: US$198.00

MTCN NUMBER:
SENDERS FULL NAME:
SENDER FULL ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE NUMBER:

Make sure that you don't hesitate in making the payment of US$198.00 to the name stated above so that Mr. John Abdull will help you secure the Wire Transfer Documents in your name and then after all this process has been carried out we would have to proceed to the paying Bank for the transfer of your compensation funds which is valued at the sum of US$10,500,000.00 which was suppose to have been transferred to you all this while.

Note: all the crime agencies have been contacted on this regards and we shall trace and arrest you if you disregard this instructions. You have been given 72 hours to make the payment so that Mr. John Abdull will help you secure the Wire Transfer Documents and if you fail, you will be arrested and tried in the court for Terrorism, Money Laundering and Drug Trafficking Charges, so be warned not to try any thing funny because you are been watched.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Yours Faithfully.

For the FBI Office

Mr. Kevin L. Perkins
Associate Deputy Director

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
lol

I have nothing else to add... really.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

How does anybody ever fall for these? I mean, just reading the first paragraph makes it obvious this is not legit. If you bother to read the whole thing and (attempt to) follow the reasoning behind what they are trying to tell you, it makes absolutely no sense. But maybe that's part of their intent; if anyone is taken by this he may be hesitant to come forward after family and friends laugh at him for believing any of it. No. I'm probably giving them too much credit, they're not that smart.

Anyway, Happy Not Falling for a Nigerian Scam Day!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Some people just are not smart enough to realize it is a scam. I get about 3 similar scams like this a week in my email box.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

desertguy

Some people just are not smart enough to realize it is a scam. I get about 3 similar scams like this a week in my email box.
then you are on a list somewhere either something you replied to or they phished your email easier to get a new email i think or email them back saying you are a junkie in a hostel can they send you the bus fare to come see them
then you will never hear again

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
These guys can help.

www.419eater.com...

Although this site concentrates mainly on the Nigerian 419 scam, we are happy to deal with other types of scams if and when the opportunity arises. We also have a large team of experts dedicated to the removal and closure of fake scammer banks and sites.

Even if you are a newcomer, much fun can be had and at the same time you will be doing a public service. If you are new to this game and need to know what scambaiting is all about, please click on the 419 FAQ link at the top of the page. See also Baiting Tips for information on getting started on this great cyber-sport

Have fun!

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

geobro

desertguy

then you are on a list somewhere either something you replied to or they phished your email easier to get a new email i think or email them back saying you are a junkie in a hostel can they send you the bus fare to come see them
then you will never hear again

I dont want to get a new email address its one I pay for, I think I will try your second suggestion..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This has to be the funniest scam email I've seen in a long time, & I get them quite often at one of my email addresses. I love the way they went so over the top with the threats & scolding.
I used to have my own form email, with which I replied to the ones I enjoyed most. It said simply, "Pull the other one, it's got bells on it". These days, I usually just delete 'em, unless they have a catchy title I've not seen before.

Just a heads-up while we're on the subject: one type of scam email that's very popular these days is an alert to an incoming fax, a problem with a shipment, an invoice that's overdue, etc. Attached to the email is a zip file, supposedly containing the document that you so urgently need to look at. If you open it, the most common thing you can end up with is a backdoor trojan & keylogger on your computer, ready to steal any account info, passwords, etc you may use online after being compromised.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If any dumbass falls for this, they deserve to lose their money.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

catfishjoe
If any dumbass falls for this, they deserve to lose their money.

I agree 100%

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

BuzzCory
This has to be the funniest scam email I've seen in a long time, & I get them quite often at one of my email addresses. I love the way they went so over the top with the threats & scolding.
I used to have my own form email, with which I replied to the ones I enjoyed most. It said simply, "Pull the other one, it's got bells on it". These days, I usually just delete 'em, unless they have a catchy title I've not seen before.

Just a heads-up while we're on the subject: one type of scam email that's very popular these days is an alert to an incoming fax, a problem with a shipment, an invoice that's overdue, etc. Attached to the email is a zip file, supposedly containing the document that you so urgently need to look at. If you open it, the most common thing you can end up with is a backdoor trojan & keylogger on your computer, ready to steal any account info, passwords, etc you may use online after being compromised.

I get the ones with the zip file on them, and I never open them.. I actually wrote back to them and told them I reported them to the real FBI. Maybe I will send them your quotation on the next one I get lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What I found amusing was that there was an actual person on the other side of the email - Sent them a list of spelling mistakes (it was my junk mail account anyway), and asked if they knew what the horrible smell coming from their car was.

I do the same with the scammers that try to pretend that they are on a missionary in (insert random country here), and wanted to lease a house to me - I send them a reply back with what looks to be my information, and then at the bottom I remind them that I already own their IP address, and that they left their car doors unlocked - Stopped sending their spam to me pretty quickly. I figure that they aren't hackers - so how would they know I didn't have their IP?

-fossilera

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You better do what they want these guys sound like they mean business.
For $198 they will bring the entire force of the Nigerian FBI down on you.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They are fun to eff with and make them jump through hoops. Just act interested but "admit" you are mildly suspicious and build a rapport they think will pay off.

Ask for more proof and pictures of their family and what their interests are, etc.

I led 'em on for months once. They sent long letters and obviously scanned pics they presented as themselves and their families.

At the end I flipped the script and told them (falsely) that I was an international conman looking for partners to pull off even bigger scams.

Jokers then admitted they were cons and were eager to do "business" with me.

Haha...make 'em work their butts off and document it...would make a good thread!!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The GUT
They are fun to eff with and make them jump through hoops. Just act interested but "admit" you are mildly suspicious and build a rapport they think will pay off.

Ask for more proof and pictures of their family and what their interests are, etc.

I led 'em on for months once. They sent long letters and obviously scanned pics they presented as themselves and their families.

At the end I flipped the script and told them (falsely) that I was an international conman looking for partners to pull off even bigger scams.

Haha...make 'em work their butts off and document it...would make a good thread!!

Wow, I never thought of doing that. Maybe I shall play with them for a bit see where it goes.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

desertguy
Wow, I never thought of doing that. Maybe I shall play with them for a bit see where it goes.

Do that!! Take screenshots of the interactions and I guarantee it will make a great thread and be a public service at the same time!

I did that on a collaborative blog somewhere around 2000 and it went over well, but it wasn't seen by that many folk. Gonna try and find it on wayback machine. Any deep internet researchers here that could help, it was on a blog called: Surreally.com

In the meantime, should you accept the mission, I might have some pointers that would help. Just U2U if you decide to do it. Seriously...what a great thread it would make AND, at the same time, shine a brighter light on these scumbags, eh?

In my case, in the end, they were actually pretty pitiful and very poor. They were using internet facilities at a library and scanning 1980's magazine pics as their "family." Pretty bright and motivated fellows...but not very nice or compassionate, comparatively, when all was said and done.

edit on 4-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

desertguy

The GUT

You run the risk of being accused of being in cahoots with them!
I'd do what another poster suggested, just pretend your not sure and keep asking for more details. If everyone did that they'd soon get pee'd off.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

VoidHawk

How so?

I'd do what another poster suggested, just pretend your not sure and keep asking for more details. If everyone did that they'd soon get pee'd off.

If one was worried about being perceived as in cahoots, then the superior plan would be just to ignore them like 95% of the population does, no?

On the other hand: Why not expose them graphically for the whole internet to see?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The GUT

VoidHawk

How so?

If one was worried about being perceived as in cahoots, then the superior plan would be just to ignore them like 95% of the population does, no?

On the other hand: Why not expose them graphically for the whole internet to see?

Hi Mr The Gut
I was thinking of this remark you made when I made my post.

That could certainly bring unwanted attention if those on the other end were aready being monitored, remember, these days we're guilty until we prove we're not!

But I do agree, personally I'd play with them too.

Give me some more details about your Surreally.com quest, dates etc?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

VoidHawk
TMI!! Sorry.

edit on 4-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join