It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being non white is a "variation" of being human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A thought-provoking documentary about the upward trend of, in particular, Asian people undergoing all manner of surgeries and body augmentations in order to look more beautiful and, as is contended here, 'more Caucasian'.

Change My Race
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

I don't necessarily agree with the blameworthiness of the dominant Anglo-Saxon people dictating what looks aesthetically pleasing, and the presenter seems a little too emotionally invested in the subject matter to allow her exposé to be taken wholly objectively. But, it's an interesting watch, nonetheless. The doco is Australia focused, but is universally relevant.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iLemming

why not? Who is to say that genetically through thousands of years evolution?

My curiosity is about things like Hair and Eye color. Most races of people are brown eyes and black hair almost exclusively.

The green and blue eyes. The blonde, red, and brown hair.. something that is almost, if not entirely exclusive.

I find Caucasian race people to be special looking due to the diversity in looks.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I don't think white people are dictating anything. I guess that look is just popular over there. As in the U.S. it's popular to try to be black.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm Caucasian and I have always found Asian women to be attractive and sensuous. I've never understood their need to become 'more white'. Maybe it's the wanting to be something you're not. "The grass is always greener...."

Having said that, S. Korea is quickly becoming the new trendy hotspot in terms of what to emulate in SE Asia rather than the Hollywood influence in the past.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We will be eventually one race.. so why to bother.
And you are wrong, white people are not saying that they should change their appearance as in video this idea seems to come from South Korea.
Bigger question and a real question is "Why don´t they accept themselves as they are... "

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not all white people come from the Caucus mountains found in Russia. That`s like saying all Latino people are from South America and all black people come from Africa. My roots are Scandinavian not Russian.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I feel very oddly about this topic and generally offended. Rich white people may be dictating what they find attractive through media but it's an idea that doesn't reflect on people as a whole. Most of us aren't ideal by the standards of companies pushing this "beauty". The standard is being held against everyone even if more so against other ethnicity. That being said, I'd trade any of you white women for one chance with an equally as beautiful Asian counterparts.

I think a recent study also showed that white women are the most attractive by avg groups of multi-ethnicity.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

StratosFear
Not all white people come from the Caucus mountains found in Russia. That`s like saying all Latino people are from South America and all black people come from Africa. My roots are Scandinavian not Russian.

At one time, there were 3 main race descriptions to scientists..
Mongoloid, Negroid, and Caucasoid..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A study back in the nineties found that a computer generated composite of many different racial features was actually considered the most attrractive by most people.

Genetic diversity is an evolutionary advantage. This is why people of one race often find people other races attractive.

It's natural to want diverse genes. It makes the population stronger.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

pandersway

I'm Caucasian and I have always found Asian women to be attractive and sensuous. I've never understood their need to become 'more white'.

An Asian girl told me its because darker skin means you've been out in the sun working in the fields. Working in the fields means your lower class; scum.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

HanzHenry

StratosFear

At one time, there were 3 main race descriptions to scientists..
Mongoloid, Negroid, and Caucasoid..

Yeah at one time, not now. Who is to say those races didn't go extinct and what`s left of the different humans are of new racial backgrounds? Scientist like to put labels on things so they can categorize things, meanwhile back in the real world things are not so black and white.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

I don't think white people are dictating anything. I guess that look is just popular over there. As in the U.S. it's popular to try to be black.

LOL,IT IS NOT POPULAR TO LOOK BLACK HERE IN AMERICA,i GUESS UNLESS YOU LIVE IN THE GHETTO.I dont want to look black.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
IMHO, I believe dark skin (and the physiognomy that oftentimes accompanies higher natal melanin levels) simply isn't as aesthetically pleasing for human beings to look at. This fact is born out in Asian cultures more than in their Anglo-Saxon counterparts' because African people aren't anywhere as integrated into Asian society/ies as they are in the West. ... largely 'cause the Asians didn't use 'blacks' as slaves.

Asian people aren't trying to look Caucasian―they're trying to look more aesthetically pleasing. This 'attractiveness' happens to include wider, 'rounder' eyes, more petite noses, smaller chins, a 'less flat' chest et al. This is no fault of Anglo-Saxon people. It's merely how the human brain interprets attractiveness.

Trying to lay blame on 'whites' for dictating what's attractive and what is not predicated on them being the dominant race, is tantamount to saying Anglos 'evolved faster' - because that's what it boils down to - and therefore white people are somehow in the wrong. This is the very definition of reverse racism.
edit on 6-12-2013 by iLemming because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join