It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation will NOT kill you.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

superman2012

opopanax

Daedalus
vitamins aren't cheap, and they eat into big pharma's profit margin..

Hardly...many vitamins are quite cheap, and many are actually produced by "Big Pharma." Pfizer, Bayer, Novartis, GSK, etc. all sell (and profit off of) supplements. Some estimates put the US supplement industry's revenue at $30+ billion/year at this point.

Shhh!
They don't want to hear that!

got no problem hearing it....the problem with the statement is that the "supplements" made by the pharmacorps are generally of lower quality, than those manufactured by independent companies...

so if you want QUALITY vitamins in pill form, prepare to pay a bit more....

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by TXRabbit

My children (all 3) regularly brush their teeth with fluoridated toothpaste. No worries at all. 2 are in the highest % in their grade, and the 3rd is a teenager.

yes, but you see....they're not ingesting the fluoride...that's the distinction..

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

dragonridr

Rychwebo
reply to post by superman2012

Does not having it cause problems? I mean if having it helps, then not having it must be harmful I'd think.

Having an education is good for you and well obviously not having one isnt fatal.

so he asks a perfectly legitimate question, and you imply he is stupid....niiiiice... -rolls eyes-

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Daedalus

superman2012
reply to post by TXRabbit

My children (all 3) regularly brush their teeth with fluoridated toothpaste. No worries at all. 2 are in the highest % in their grade, and the 3rd is a teenager.

yes, but you see....they're not ingesting the fluoride...that's the distinction..

Try again.

There will be some that is swallowed no matter how often they spit it out. Also, some will be absorbed into the soft tissue of their mouth.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Daedalus

superman2012
reply to post by Daedalus

Instead of talking about "pretty teeth", why not do some research into why dental hygiene is necessary for whole body health and how easy it is to add fluoride to the water to aid in keeping the teeth healthy?
No one ever talked about the aesthetic appeal of teeth on this thread.

the fluoride by itself, in that concentration, with that delivery method, is ABSOLUTELY USELESS for the stated purpose of "dental hygene"

it's a load of crap....i really hate to think anyone here is stupid enough to believe that it actually has any kind of quantifiable beneficial effect...

Try again.

Explain how that delivery method is "absolutely useless" and then think about your answer before writing it down.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Daedalus

superman2012
reply to post by Daedalus

Apparently you missed the mark again.

I came on here to show people (and I have) that the lies repeated in the anti-fluoride camp are just that.
There is no proof of any of their claims.
When I show that, the goalposts get moved.
Fine, it is a neurotoxin. Fine, it gets used in Sarin gas production.

What I haven't seen is the fearful telling me at what %, which kind, how exactly it is used, etc. and how that compares to properly dosed water fluoridation. Again, they take a small part of what they read, and run it up the fear flagpole.
There is nothing wrong with making fun of that.

You want to call me condescending? Damn right I am. After a thread that has gone on this long, and dealing with MANY people that decide to just attack me, rather than refute ANYTHING I have said, it gets frustrating and eventually you realize that you must handle these people like you would to a two year old explaining how lightening works and it isn't God bowling.
edit on 13-12-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

and you keep missing the mark....

you keep saying proper dosage....

tell me, what is the proper dosage for...say...cyanide?

that's also a natural thing...surely, it's good for us at the proper dose...

it's funny...when companies get caught dumping industrial waste into rivers, they('re supposed to be) fined to holy hell, and back....but when government dumps industrial waste into the municipal drinking water, it's suddenly ok, and it's good for us...

the fact that's it's industrial waste, that it's added to the water, and that it's added against people's will, is enough to refute everything you said....

Sure. Tell me where you live and I will tell you the MAC for cyanide in your area. Whoops, you didn't pay attention when we discussed that part did you?
Tell me what health benefits are claimed for cyanide.....
Lousy analogy.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by superman2012

Takin .2 micro grams of rat poison everyday won't kill you either.

Doesn't mean you should ingest the stuff.

My city became the FIRST in Canada to remove Fluoride from the water supply. They'll be doing research studies through the Universities here about it's effects on the population over the next 5 years.

I guess we'll know then.

Either way, the fluoride that was being used in our city was industrial grade, scrapped out of smoke stacks, since it is a industrial bi-product.

SO, yeah. I'm against water fluoridation, because if you actually take care of your mouth, the daily routine is plenty enough to keep your mouth healthy, without the need of the nanny state forcing what amounts to medication down my throat.

~Tenth
edit on 12/6/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Are you located in Kitchener/Waterloo? or am I thinking Manitoba?
Just wondering because our city was I believe the first or second one in Canada to introduce this known toxin to the public water supply.
Good news is next year it is going to be on the election ballet and we do believe (hope) it will be removed from our water.

There is a huge awareness of what it really does to people, and the people here have yelled so loud and clear there was no choice but to put it to a vote.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm just pointing out that there have still been nothing refuted from my original claims.

All that I have seen is the following:

Still call me names.

Still say I don't know what I'm saying.

Still say it's a poison without any regard to dosing.

Still produce zero evidence.

Still bring up other chemicals/minerals/vitamins and try to draw a parallel to properly dosed water fluoridation.

Still say "there is no proper dose of a poison", when everything added to water is heavily regulated and there are doses, look up MAC.

Still hold onto the fear.

Your choice. Have at it. I stopped believing in the boogeyman though.

edit on 14-12-2013 by superman2012 because: there, not their

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Yes unfortunately fear does motivate people, even when they don't know what they are scared of.

The choice to have it in the water is another matter entirely.

(post by superman2012 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by Iwinder

Yes unfortunately fear does motivate people, even when they don't know what they are scared of.

The choice to have it in the water is another matter entirely.

This vote has come about not by fear but by knowledge.....thank the gods for the internet.
My post above to the tenth was because Kitchener/Waterloo is home to some of the brightest and biggest brains in Canada and they voted this toxin out of their water supply.

Your Canadian so you know where that city is located.

On your second line in your post I totally agree and the choice is by vote not dictation by some paper pusher drinking their own personal bottled water paid by the tax payers.

Do you honestly believe that Harper or Obama or others actually drink tap water at all?
PFFFFFT
LOL
Still enjoying this thread very much.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It is a toxin without proper dosage. So is chlorine.

Yes I know where Waterloo is.

Anything to refute the facts as I have presented?

Glad you are enjoying it, I'm kind of getting bored of it due to lack of ANY credible sources by the people afraid of fluoride because they were told to.

I like the back and forth though, especially when the opposing viewpoint is respectful, like you are.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Link to read through for the anti-fluoridians.

Please.

Show me what is wrong on this web page with some sort of credible study/link/evidence/whatever.
edit on 14-12-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by Rychwebo

No.

You are trying to obfuscate the point I have given again.

Fluoride aids in dental hygiene. As in, it helps dental hygiene. Not having it in the water does nothing for dental hygiene.

Polysporin aids in healing wounds, no polysporin does nothing for healing wounds.

In fact, dental fluorosis has been shown to help in the arrest of dental diseases, with the only negative being whiter teeth in mild cases.

Your question deals with something NOT being present that AIDS something and drawing a "conclusion" that if it wasn't in the water, the water should be harmful to the person. Not true. Water fluoridation does not TREAT the water, it is designed to TREAT the person. You are assuming that the fluoride is aiding the water in this argument as you presented it.

Polysporin is not added to the water, so it only aids in doing a job when it is knowingly being used.
Fluoride has its place in toothpaste, it aids hygiene when its being used.

So why is it in the water again?

It doesn't need to be there, nobody will suffer poor dental hygiene without it, because you know of no such studies showing this. Its not making anybody better in any measurable way whatsoever. Its absolutely useless being added to the water, right?

(post by Daedalus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Rychwebo

superman2012
reply to post by Rychwebo

No.

You are trying to obfuscate the point I have given again.

Fluoride aids in dental hygiene. As in, it helps dental hygiene. Not having it in the water does nothing for dental hygiene.

Polysporin aids in healing wounds, no polysporin does nothing for healing wounds.

In fact, dental fluorosis has been shown to help in the arrest of dental diseases, with the only negative being whiter teeth in mild cases.

Your question deals with something NOT being present that AIDS something and drawing a "conclusion" that if it wasn't in the water, the water should be harmful to the person. Not true. Water fluoridation does not TREAT the water, it is designed to TREAT the person. You are assuming that the fluoride is aiding the water in this argument as you presented it.

Polysporin is not added to the water, so it only aids in doing a job when it is knowingly being used.
Fluoride has its place in toothpaste, it aids hygiene when its being used.

So why is it in the water again?

It doesn't need to be there, nobody will suffer poor dental hygiene without it, because you know of no such studies showing this. Its not making anybody better in any measurable way whatsoever. Its absolutely useless being added to the water, right?

As discussed ad nauseam in this thread, it is added in water as water is a good medium to get the fluoride to the teeth.
I never suggested polysporin was in the water, it was an analogy, my apologies for it not being good enough for you to understand.
People have poor dental hygiene, that is a fact.
Fluoride helps aid dental hygiene, that is a fact.

What problems are you having understanding this still!?? Please ask in a concise and specific manner exactly what you want answered and I will do my best. Please, no more moving the goalposts though.

(post by superman2012 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
- Flouride causes fluorosis. (I have it.)
- Water fluoridation costs money.
- You can't control the dose because you don't know how much water people drink, or how the concentration has changed before it reaches the tap.
- The right dose depends on the person and age.
- If some people don't want to ingest it, we shouldn't force them for the greater good.
- You're much better off simply brushing and flossing.
- There are worse things than death.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Pylon
- Flouride causes fluorosis. (I have it.)
- Water fluoridation costs money.
- You can't control the dose because you don't know how much water people drink, or how the concentration has changed before it reaches the tap.
- The right dose depends on the person and age.
- If some people don't want to ingest it, we shouldn't force them for the greater good.
- You're much better off simply brushing and flossing.
- There are worse things than death.

^^ this.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join