It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation will NOT kill you.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The really simply fact is that fluoride is a poison. It is my personal religion to avoid ingesting poisons. Period. I also don't consume alcohol, aspartame, and avoid GMO food as much as possible. Just on principle.

Modern society is too keen on explaining away the dangers of our lifestyle. I prefer a simpler outlook - don't poison yourself. But I also support your right to fluoridate yourself - its a free country. Though I disagree, I appreciate hearing both sides of the issue. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy
The really simply fact is that fluoride is a poison. It is my personal religion to avoid ingesting poisons. Period. I also don't consume alcohol, aspartame, and avoid GMO food as much as possible. Just on principle.

Modern society is too keen on explaining away the dangers of our lifestyle. I prefer a simpler outlook - don't poison yourself. But I also support your right to fluoridate yourself - its a free country. Though I disagree, I appreciate hearing both sides of the issue. Thanks.

No problem, life is about choices. Anything consumed in certain purity levels or too much quantity will kill you. Even pure water.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Daedalus

superman2012

Blatant attack on common sense? You guessed right, just for the wrong side. Don't worry brother, I believed as you did too, the only difference being, I am blessed with critical thinking. Common sense is too common for me.

Edit:
lol False logic. Care to show where?

I love, love, love the people that just come on here and TRY to insult someone using zero evidence and claim it is wrong....oh well, like I said before, you can't convince a priest God doesn't exist either, they are so ingrained in their belief that they hold to it more steadfast than a toddler holding their mommy's hand because they don't want to get lost in the mall.
I provided claims, and evidence. Refute it or not, your silly complaints about my attacking your beliefs do nothing to support your stance.
lol
edit on 11-12-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

and i love your arrogant, self-centered, bulls**t attitude...

you changed your mind, so now we're all goddamn idiots, is that about right?

get over yourself....believe whatever you want to believe, but don't come in here, and presume to belittle everyone who doesn't share your opinion..

and this ain't a personal attack either...this is me calling it how i see it...since page one, you've pulled this holier-than-thou, self-righteous, absolute correctness nonsense with us...it's very unbecoming...

Sure sure junior. You can attack my beliefs and my showing all relevant science/evidence/facts because they don't jive with your beliefs that someone told you to scare you. I have no problems with people hiding because the boogeyman might get them. My 7 year old sleeps with a night light too.

I never said anyone was an idiot nor was I being arrogant. I was providing facts. You don't like them? Don't argue with them and then you won't get made to look like a moron. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings pal.

I have said, since the beginning that I was showing how most/all the arguments against water fluoridation were based on nothing but whispers amongst the frightened masses. It is still, and should be always, your choice whether or not to consume this product.

Come back with something other than your little hurt feelings next time.

edit on 12-12-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Daedalus

superman2012
Again, as shown MANY times, there is no link to it causing heart attacks in properly dosed water fluoridation. There is fear that people spread...but no facts.

You claim that fluoridated water is more apt to hurt people. Take a town where they fluoridate the water and compare it to a town where they don't. Go by health statistics, they are available on the internet.
There is a reason anti-fluoridation sites don't produce this information. It doesn't come close to proving their fact-light claims.
\

and it doesn't prove the pro argument either....in fact, it really proves nothing, because there are too many variables to contend with.....the biggest of which is whether or not EVERYONE is drinking THAT water, or some other water...that kills the results right there....

and again...there is no proper dose for neurotoxin, lol

There were studies done (talked about, linked to, quoted from) that were discussed on this thread. Just because you don't want to read, doesn't make it not true.

There is proper dosing. Read and absorb knowledge that is given to you before you claim otherwise.

Look up MACs for your local water treatment. All can be found online.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Daedalus
reply to post by superman2012

holy christ...how many times must it be stated to you....IT IS A FRIGGING NEUROTOXIN

what part of that are you not understanding?

i don't know about you, but i don't want frigging neurotoxin in my goddamn water....
edit on 12-12-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

Source?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012
I'm not saying this is 100% proof. All I have said is that there is no proof that "properly dosed water fluoridation" has killed/harmed anyone. Yes. Look it up before you say it. There is a proper dose. *eyeroll*

Isn't half of your thread is missing?

If your going to argue that its not harmful, than shouldn't you argue the health benefits of ingestion?

Those are two different arguments. My thread was about the lies/untruths spread by the fear worshipers.

The better argument would be to explain the reasons why fluoride is beneficial to ingest.
Here you're just going around in circles with people.

Not beneficial to ingest

Nuff said.

What do you guess it will be? The Boogeyman?

Probably not. The boogeyman is oldschool. How bout fluoride frosted corn flakes?...that reminds me, I heard they put fluoride in salt as well.

Edit: You should explain the benefits of ingestion if there is any..people might take you more seriously.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

We have discussed this many times on this thread, even though this is not what the thread is about.
(underlined in case you missed it before.)
water.

Like I said, your thread should've been about the benefits of ingestion...Oh wait, there are none.
This is why you had to come at the topic from an ambiguous angle.

And thanks for blowing my mind. My pineal gland is tingling.

The thread could have been about many things, sadly, it wasn't.

Sorry about that, next time I'll check with you and you can let me know what your preferred topic will be, and rather then you making a thread about it, I will so you don't have to do any work at all.

/sarcasm

Pineal gland tingling!?!? Must be all the fluoride talk!

Edit: I came at this thread to show the scared, fearful little people that the lies they have been fed are just that...lies.
It comes down to choice. Everyone has one, everyone can exercise one. Just don't blame it on the Boogeyman, he's too busy hiding under your bed!

Please do consult with me. I can help you deal with things like ambiguity, sarcasm, generalizations, and mockery in your posts. Just dont ask me to help you promote poison.

Oh and I dont worry about the boogeyman anymore. I began giving him fluoridated water; hes quite docile now.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012
I'm not saying this is 100% proof. All I have said is that there is no proof that "properly dosed water fluoridation" has killed/harmed anyone. Yes. Look it up before you say it. There is a proper dose. *eyeroll*

If your going to argue that its not harmful, than shouldn't you argue the health benefits of ingestion?

Those are two different arguments. My thread was about the lies/untruths spread by the fear worshipers.

The better argument would be to explain the reasons why fluoride is beneficial to ingest.

Not beneficial to ingest

Nuff said.

Probably not. The boogeyman is oldschool. How bout fluoride frosted corn flakes?...that reminds me, I heard they put fluoride in salt as well.

Edit: You should explain the benefits of ingestion if there is any..people might take you more seriously.

I don't believe there are any benefits to ingesting it.

Sorry for blowing your mind.

I can believe that there is nothing but fear on one side and still believe that water is a great medium for introducing fluoride to people that otherwise wouldn't have it, but there should be a better way to do it.
We have discussed this many times on this thread, even though this is not what the thread is about.

Edit: Yes, there is fluoridated salt in some countries and you can buy fluoride drops at a pharmacy to add to your water.

There is a better way to do it, the drops method you mentioned. Problem solved right ? All that needs to be done is add a little bullet point to the bottom of the food pyramid explaining how much fluoride to dose yourself with. Every other medication and supplement is a recommendation and not an administration.

So the best way to get people's teeth healthier ought to be the same way the government usually does it, by recommending what you need. Don't you agree? If not, would you mind listing the reasons you don't agree. I mean I'm sure you are aware of more important items that can be ingested that are only recommended and not administered. So I'm curious of what the disparity is between fluoride and everything else that we need.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

superman2012

Even if the fluoride came first, it does not change the fact that is has been beneficial in dental hygiene.

Yes, Massive fluorine pollution came first and the fluoride for oral hygiene game is there to cover it up.

NO.
Fluoride has not been beneficial to oral hygiene. It causes long term damage to teeth. Not to mention the fact that it is damaging to the rest of the body on many levels.

There is no justification for fluoride beyond the need to carry on a lie by people who would rather poison themselves and their children than admit they had been taken in by crooked government.
edit on 12-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Not beneficial to ingest

Nuff said.

water.

Like I said, your thread should've been about the benefits of ingestion...Oh wait, there are none.
This is why you had to come at the topic from an ambiguous angle.

And thanks for blowing my mind. My pineal gland is tingling.

The thread could have been about many things, sadly, it wasn't.

Sorry about that, next time I'll check with you and you can let me know what your preferred topic will be, and rather then you making a thread about it, I will so you don't have to do any work at all.

/sarcasm

Pineal gland tingling!?!? Must be all the fluoride talk!

Edit: I came at this thread to show the scared, fearful little people that the lies they have been fed are just that...lies.
It comes down to choice. Everyone has one, everyone can exercise one. Just don't blame it on the Boogeyman, he's too busy hiding under your bed!

Please do consult with me. I can help you deal with things like ambiguity, sarcasm, generalizations, and mockery in your posts. Just dont ask me to help you promote poison.

Oh and I dont worry about the boogeyman anymore. I began giving him fluoridated water; hes quite docile now.

So everyone born since the 40's is docile? Okay. Just checking.

I don't need help with sarcasm. Responding to ridiculous posts with no sources/links/studies/science behind them has given me more then enough practice!

Again, as stated SO MANY TIMES THAT I HAVE LOST COUNT, if you choose not to, don't. Just don't repeat the craziness that has been proven to be lies when you do it. If you have nothing to back it up but a feeling or your choice, say so. Don't blame it on lies. That is all I was trying to show people.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Rychwebo

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Tucket

superman2012

Not beneficial to ingest

Nuff said.

I don't believe there are any benefits to ingesting it.

Sorry for blowing your mind.

I can believe that there is nothing but fear on one side and still believe that water is a great medium for introducing fluoride to people that otherwise wouldn't have it, but there should be a better way to do it.

Edit: Yes, there is fluoridated salt in some countries and you can buy fluoride drops at a pharmacy to add to your water.

There is a better way to do it, the drops method you mentioned. Problem solved right ? All that needs to be done is add a little bullet point to the bottom of the food pyramid explaining how much fluoride to dose yourself with. Every other medication and supplement is a recommendation and not an administration.

So the best way to get people's teeth healthier ought to be the same way the government usually does it, by recommending what you need. Don't you agree? If not, would you mind listing the reasons you don't agree. I mean I'm sure you are aware of more important items that can be ingested that are only recommended and not administered. So I'm curious of what the disparity is between fluoride and everything else that we need.

I absolutely agree. If they gave the drops out for free and told people exactly how to do it. Put a couple of drops in, swish for whatever amount of time, and then spit. People on here that use fluoridated toothpaste and then bemoan water fluoridation are ridiculous. They swallow more fluoride while brushing your teeth and more gets absorbed into your mouth soft tissue then you could drink.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

badgerprints

superman2012

Even if the fluoride came first, it does not change the fact that is has been beneficial in dental hygiene.

Yes, Massive fluorine pollution came first and the fluoride for oral hygiene game is there to cover it up.

NO.
Fluoride has not been beneficial to oral hygiene. It causes long term damage to teeth. Not to mention the fact that it is damaging to the rest of the body on many levels.

There is no justification for fluoride beyond the need to carry on a lie by people who would rather poison themselves and their children than admit they had been taken in by crooked government.

Please list your sources for your claims just as I have.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

superman2012

badgerprints

superman2012

NO.

Please list your sources for your claims just as I have.

Four hundred page book I mentioned has all of the relevant details with sources.
You already said there's no way in hell you'd read the book so I really don't care if you believe it or not.
It's not a debate or a contest for points.
The facts exist and are available in extensive detail.
You're not going to read that though.
So enjoy your fluoride.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I absolutely agree. If they gave the drops out for free and told people exactly how to do it. Put a couple of drops in, swish for whatever amount of time, and then spit.

Okay.

Now may I ask; What is your reasoning for having a municipality giving drops out for free of this one specific thing? Considering all of what our bodies need, I believe fluoride to be very low on that list. Because you have done your research; Why is this substance being provided and administered to us for free, above all other essentials?

I'm just trying to understand... If, in your research, you have found the answer, I'd like to know. If not, would you care to speculate for me?

Depending on, and whatever your findings/speculation(s) may be, I'd like to further my inquiry with you, if you don't mind, of course.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Rychwebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

superman2012
Sure sure junior. You can attack my beliefs and my showing all relevant science/evidence/facts because they don't jive with your beliefs that someone told you to scare you. I have no problems with people hiding because the boogeyman might get them. My 7 year old sleeps with a night light too.

I never said anyone was an idiot nor was I being arrogant. I was providing facts. You don't like them? Don't argue with them and then you won't get made to look like a moron. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings pal.

I have said, since the beginning that I was showing how most/all the arguments against water fluoridation were based on nothing but whispers amongst the frightened masses. It is still, and should be always, your choice whether or not to consume this product.

Come back with something other than your little hurt feelings next time.

you're doing it again.....it's nothing to do with "hurt feelings"...i personally don't care about you, or anything you say...it's about you being an ass to everyone around you, and being condescending, and talking down to anyone who doesn't share your opinion...you read some stuff online, changed your stance on the matter, and now you're out to convert as many people as you can, by belittling them into changing what they think...and you won't even consider for a moment that you MIGHT be all wrong about it....that's arrogance...

i have well water in my house, and it goes through a rather sophisticated filter, so i have no skin in the game, as it were...and it wold appear you don't have fluoridated water in your community....so yeah...

why don't you be less of an ass to people?....or maybe just keep your opinion to yourself, and stop trying to convert people...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

superman2012
There were studies done (talked about, linked to, quoted from) that were discussed on this thread. Just because you don't want to read, doesn't make it not true.

There is proper dosing. Read and absorb knowledge that is given to you before you claim otherwise.

Look up MACs for your local water treatment. All can be found online.

that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what i said....nothing...

i said that it doesn't prove the pro argument, because there are too many variables to take into consideration to get an accurate figure on whether or not it is actually benefiting the community in the intended way, and you try to belittle me, and imply that i don't read, and that i'm allergic to knowledge...

very poor form...why don't you reply what what i ACTUALLY said, and concede the point?

superman2012

Source?

haha....all that research, and you didn't know it was neurotoxin?....what a joke...

let's see, here's an article about how it's used as the active ingredient in insecticide, and rat poison... www.fluoride-history.de...

and apparently, you don't read so well...the china study you mentioned a few times before, that you downplay because "it's not dosed right", identifies fluoride as a neurotoxin...

sure, ingesting that much may cause the effects to be more severe, and pronounced, but neurotoxin is neurotoxin...eat a little, eat a lot, it's still going to eventually do harm...the "dental hygiene" argument is bunk, and frankly, is insulting to the intelligence of anyone with an IQ above room temperature....

and oh hell, just for good measure... articles.mercola.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Rychwebo

I absolutely agree. If they gave the drops out for free and told people exactly how to do it. Put a couple of drops in, swish for whatever amount of time, and then spit.

Okay.

Now may I ask; What is your reasoning for having a municipality giving drops out for free of this one specific thing? Considering all of what our bodies need, I believe fluoride to be very low on that list. Because you have done your research; Why is this substance being provided and administered to us for free, above all other essentials?

I'm just trying to understand... If, in your research, you have found the answer, I'd like to know. If not, would you care to speculate for me?

Depending on, and whatever your findings/speculation(s) may be, I'd like to further my inquiry with you, if you don't mind, of course.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Rychwebo because: (no reason given)

because, apparently, having pretty teeth is so much more important, than having essential vitamins and minerals, that our bodies actually NEED to properly function....pretty teeth are just that goddamn important...

honestly, the argument that it's for teeth is just so goddamn ridiculous...anyone with a shred of common sense can see that it's complete BS...they'll hand out fluoride for free, but not real stuff we need, like vitamins?

ya' know why? because the fluoride is cheap, because it's industrial waste.....vitamins aren't cheap, and they eat into big pharma's profit margin..

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Daedalus
vitamins aren't cheap, and they eat into big pharma's profit margin..

Hardly...many vitamins are quite cheap, and many are actually produced by "Big Pharma." Pfizer, Bayer, Novartis, GSK, etc. all sell (and profit off of) supplements. Some estimates put the US supplement industry's revenue at $30+ billion/year at this point.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

seeker1963

9) Millions of years went by without us adding fluoride to our water, so why now?

Why not now? We are learning more new ways to keep people healthier longer. Why poo poo a way just because you don’t understand it and have bought and gift wrapped the fear? Are you against penicillin? Polio vaccines?

PROVE IT!!!

Here you are saying it is good to add something that mother nature already provides us to live right?

So prove that adding fluoride to water is GOOD for us!!

Then maybe I might listen to the rest of your (what I perceive as propaganda) ridiculous argument!

Freedom of choice is the key! If you want to eat and drink fluoride then do it! YOUR CHOICE! I choose NOT TO!

In the 18th and early centuries people died from tooth decay. Also had teeth literally decaying in there mouth causing excessive pain and suffering.Now a large portion of society dont even get a cavity and if they do iy was usually a tooth were the enamel was damaged. If you had lived in the old west expect anyone over the age of 20 to have black rotting teeth. How often do you see that today? Look at George Washington he suffered mutiple infections in his life started dealing with tooth pain at the age of 22 and by the time he reaches his mid 30s they were all gone. This was very standard and often people would have all the teeth pulled and use dentures if they had social standing didnt want black teeth in there mouth. Dentures were really big business right up to the fluoridation of water. Reason enough for you?
edit on 12/13/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

TwoTonTommy

Calcium is a poison as well so is iron in high dosages will kill you. However you need low dosages to live in the case of iron. And without calcium will get rickets. Your bones literally dissolve.Best advice everything in moderation. There are body builders that overdose on B12. Thats like one study i laughed at involved caffeine and they concluded it destroyed your liver. But what they did is give these poor rats the equivalent of drinking over 300 cups of coffee a day for a year. Of course this damaged there liver my god could you imagine what that did to there system?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

To each his own though. I might read it, I love fiction!

I believe this thread makes that pretty dang obvious...

The rest of us prefer the truth.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join