It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation will NOT kill you.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I understand that, but as I pointed out earlier. You would be at risk of skeletal fluorosis by drinking water properly dosed with fluoride at todays levels, and todays average amount of water being consumed, by the time you are over 500 years old. I don't plan on living that long.
I wonder what other chemicals would do to your body if you consumed them for 500 years? How many 500 year olds do you know?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

superman2012

therealguyfawkes
reply to post by superman2012

I know exactly what's in my water... I use a home distiller, and I recommend the same for everyone I know.

Sounds good! I wish I could afford the granola tree hugging lifestyle! I don't use that term in a negative connotation. I sincerely wish to have that lifestyle.

A basic home distiller is about $200, and will produce 4 gallons/day--more than enough for the needs of an average person. The way I look at it is, with the chemical cocktail of prescription drugs, heavy metals, and questionable substances like flouride in the water, I'm more than willing to spend $200 on a mind/body insurance policy against human environmental negligence.

IMO, a clear mind and a healthier body is definitely worth a couple hundo. Ever since I started distilling my water, I've found my mind to be more lucid (less brain fog), and my mood to be more stable, and my meditation to be more productive (much, much deeper).

After hammering out basic kinks in one's diet--removing processed foods, eliminating gluten, increasing omega3s through supplementation and lean grass-fed meats--I'd say ensuring a clean water supply through distillation or reverse osmosis is probably the most important step towards assuring sustainable health.

I mean, yeah, some studies say flouride is evil, some studies say it can have some benefits, but I'd rather not be a guinea pig for the government's insane experiments. When it doubt, opt out.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

That's all I was trying to do, show that the untruths are used as part of the fear campaign.

I believe that they need to do more studies on it, but as of right now, it is the best available option. That may change in 1 year, that's what is great about science, they keep finding new ways!
My town has a reverse osmosis water plant. We had just a charcoal/sand filter before and our fluoride naturally was less than .01 ppm. I have lived in cities that fluoridated the water and I don't consider myself dumbed down.
Some on here would say different though.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
And it its so great that ; * EPA confirmed that the two compounds used almost exclusively in the U.S. for fluoridation have never, ever been studied for their effect on health or behavior.

* NSF International, the private organization certifying fluoridation chemicals, confirmed that it is doing so in violation of its own standard requiring manufacturers to submit any available published and unpublished toxicological studies on both the fluoride compound and any contaminants contained in the product. NSF disclosed in the investigation that they have no such studies on file

From www.thehealthvine.net...

But hey if you think its safe to consume, carry on

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Which two compounds!? I tried to click on the link, but it was a dead one (not yours, the one in the one, you linked to).

Edit: Not only do I think it is safe, no one has shown it not to be on this thread.
edit on 5-12-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The body is much more complex than most people think. If you need to neutralize a food or mineral the body sends out cravings. If you ignore the cravings or eat something other than the foods that you need to neutralize this chemistry that is created sometimes by the enzymes themselves it starts to cause problems. When you eat or drink something that lowers the signal that passes along in the body through neurons or within the electrolytes in the body, it causes misinformation sort of like a coroded contact on an electronic circuit board. The body does not respond properly to the signal, causing a slow but steady messing up of the genetics. There are signals between every cell of our body, even if there are no neurons leading to the cell.

When you dampen this signal by causing electrolyte loss by using diuretics constantly it is not good. Fluoride has diuretic properties to it....coffee and tea contain adjuvants that increase the speed of the fluoride action. Anything with a speed in it does if it is consumed with fluoride.

This constant low level of fluoride can act to make you pee more, washing electrolytes out of the body. The craving developed would be to replace the chloride levels in the body, the best source is salt. So people eat more salt to compensate...but this can cause an imbalance itself. Phosphorous and potassium are also excreted and this becomes a problem, especially since fluoride is an endocrine disruptor and it can cause a dampening of signals.

I actually really studied fluoride as a way to control my epilepsy, but it has way too many bad points. I would rather use asparagaines, they have some side effects but I like the little relaxing buzz off of them. It doesn't interfere with deep thinking as a fluoride taken constantly does. I went through too much time not being able to think when I was on meds for the epilepsy, my main objective is to control the epilepsy with as little side effects as possible.

Fluoride chases the chloride off the cell, and you pee it out. Chloride is necessary for many things in the body. It is more necessary than Iodine in my oppinion. Now Sodium is a different story, increasing sodium out of proportion is not good. Fluoride also makes you excrete sodium at high amounts, which is good as long as you don't get deficient on it. The thing is that fluoride should be consumed intermittantly, not all day long in a highly bioavailable source such as the fluoride in water. Most people drink coffee, it is an adequate source of fluoride, tea is an excellent source.

The reason that people got so fired up when they took away the tea in this country was because fluoride coupled with theobromide is a calmer. Take away their dope and they got fired up and a revolution occurred. This and many other pieces of evidence out there shows how fluoride has been used to calm people. The Germans gave fluoride to the prisoners to keep them calm and content even though they were starving. They could have used bromide also, they probably did, they knew about the properties of that long age also.

You would have to take Iodine every day to combat added fluoride and iodine does not get taken up well all the time. Many of the foods we eat are goitinogens that suppress the uptake of Iodine.

You are right about the title of the thread. Chances of fluoride from water killing you are very low. It can cause many health problems though and raise the price of medical care and that equates to higher insurance premiums. It can kill your savings account

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Ahhh Superman, you sound like you have enrolled in the Dental Association.

Anyways where I live no fluoride is added to the water, and it is interesting how people all comment on the water being "better" and they feel more calm and just healthier in general since living here for 3 months or longer.

I daresay you should try water without fluoride for a long period of time, and see if your 'perception' doesn't change.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

You know, I see the real staunch anti fluoride crowd as being the ones who will turn around and happily consume snake oil products like MMS and colloidal silver..

Interesting statement, as those are CHOICES one can make.

How do you see those people who are sick and the medical community has done nothing for them?

I see the real staunch deniers of everything, as yourself as people who really need to experience cleanses of all kinds, but I am sure you could not handle the mental clarity that can come with it, the difference is just too stark for them to get a handle on.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Wookiep

You don't get a choice if you drink milk either. They add vitamin D to every gallon. Damn them.
Hey ban sugar and we can take the fluoride out of the water. Or do you not care about your teeth.

They don't add vitamin D to our drinking water, yet our bodies need vitamin D. Our bodies don't need fluoride, it's admitted to be bad for human consumption, yet they add it to the water. Yeah that makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

I believe that they need to do more studies on it, but as of right now, it is the best available option.

Right, but the question is--the best available option to accomplish WHAT?

See, I don't believe the government's story that pumping fluoride into the water is strictly for the benefit of our dental health. Because what else, exactly, is the government doing to truly promote our health?

Government lets the FDA demonize vitamins and supplements that have been proven to have a beneficial effect on disease prevention and management, along with suppressing effective natural cancer cures.

Government lets the EPA constantly rewrite the rulebook of the "safe" levels of heavy metals, pesticides, neurotoxins, and other hazardous substances in our food/air/water (remember, after Fukushima, EPA just raised the allowable radiation levels instead of taking action to actually protect people).

Government just cut benefits to welfare recipients at the holidays when an unprecedented number of people are on some form of government aid (over 100 MILLION people are receiving some type of federal aid), yet government hasn't cut the war machine budget.

Oh, and government just pushed through Obarrycare, which DOES contain death panels.

So I guess the question is, when has this current government EVER done anything with the intention of genuinely helping people increase their lifespan and safeguard their health? Because I'm not seeing it. All I see is a corrupt system hellbent on squeezing every last possible drop of blood from us in the form of taxes, then quietly doing everything they can to kill us/let us die once our usefulness is through.

And because of all that, when it comes to their BS story that government is willing to spend tons of money to pump fluoride into the water supply to supposedly protect teeth... I'm not buying it.

YMMV.

edit on 5-12-2013 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Salt is necessary for the body to function, why would it kill us in small doses anyway? We are talking about fluoride which is NOT necessary for our bodies to function and is HARMFUL to us. You are trying to blurr the lines and have people settle with marginality and mediocrity.

When fluoride builds up in ones system is it extremely harmful. It builds up, it does not flush out easily. SALT as you have used as an antagonist, not only flushes out it is a natural body process.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
As many un-stars as possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I believe that they need to do more studies on it, but as of right now, it is the best available option.

I tried to avoid this ridiculous and highly biased thread, but this comment is so ignorant I couldn't hold myself back. So you admit more research needs to be done, but in the mean time we should just continue with this potentially harmful mass medication scheme? Toothpaste is clearly a better option, and I mean the percentage of people who don't brush their teeth would be minuscule, surely not enough to warrant the unsolicited addition of fluoridate to my home water supply. Not to mention the fact most people don't use their tap water as a mouth wash, they ingest it quickly without ensuring that it makes broad contact with their teeth. And what about the majority of the world who don't fluoridate their water, how come they aren't so obsessed with treating the teeth of all people, yet they seem to have perfectly good teeth?

Disclaimer: the OP works for a water fluoridation plant (check his post history).
edit on 5/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I have to disagree with you on that, ever since i had stopped using water fluoridation based toothpaste and if i try on using them i always feel a bit strange. I am quite sure water fluoridation is as safe as the GMO food.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Superman, put your money where your mouth is...

If fluoride is SO safe... and hmmm.... hmmm... SO good for you!..

Why don't you replace the NaCl (you know... Salt
) in your Salt shaker with fluoride?

Please feel free to use whatever fluoride compound/derivative you like!

I'll be checking in from time to time to see your video of you sprinkling it on your corn flakes!

(To anyone with two brain cells... I believe he might have swallowed a little too much toothpaste.
)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

golemina

Superman, put your money where your mouth is...

If fluoride is SO safe... and hmmm.... hmmm... SO good for you!..

Why don't you replace the NaCl (you know... Salt
) in your Salt shaker with fluoride?

Please feel free to use whatever fluoride compound/derivative you like!

I'll be checking in from time to time to see your video of you sprinkling it on your corn flakes!

(To anyone with two brain cells... I believe he might have swallowed a little too much toothpaste.
)

Personal attacks are the surest sign of a weak argument. Why don't you go back and refute any of the claims I have provided? That would make you look more intelligent.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I usually don't reply to posts that are so biased that they won't even read the available information but here goes:

So you admit more research needs to be done, but in the mean time we should just continue with this potentially harmful mass medication scheme?

Potentially harmful? Credible source please?

Toothpaste is clearly a better option, and I mean the percentage of people who don't brush their teeth would be minuscule, surely not enough to warrant the unsolicited addition of fluoridate to my home water supply.

You have numbers or just using your best guesswork?

Not to mention the fact most people don't use their tap water as a mouth wash, they ingest it quickly without ensuring that it makes broad contact with their teeth.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Take a glass of water and put blue food coloring in it. Drink the glass of water and then smile. Sure you could drink it so that it goes down without touching too much, but that isn't how everyone drinks their fluids..otherwise sugary and acidic drinks wouldn't be a problem now would they?

And what about the majority of the world who don't fluoridate their water, how come they aren't so obsessed with treating the teeth of all people, yet they seem to have perfectly good teeth?

You have stats again? Take them from a third party who isn't biased but is also credible. I promise I will read them, unlike you, I will read (or listen VoidHawk) to all available information and draw my own conclusion. I don't like people telling me what to fear if there is no science behind it.

Disclaimer: the OP works for a water fluoridation plant (check his post history).

Check my post history all you want. I do not work for a water fluoridation plant...again with the baseless accusations. That seems to be a fundamental characteristic of the anti-fluoridians! At least on this thread...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

DerbyGawker
As many un-stars as possible.

Care to say why? Or are you just trying to get stars? I gave you one.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So now if you can prove that dental hygene is better now than it was 50-60 years ago directly before water fluoridization, then your claim of "them" caring about dental hygene will have proven it true...I won't tell you the stats, I will let you review on your own to see these astounding results from this poison.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

chadderson

Salt is necessary for the body to function, why would it kill us in small doses anyway? We are talking about fluoride which is NOT necessary for our bodies to function and is HARMFUL to us. You are trying to blurr the lines and have people settle with marginality and mediocrity.

When fluoride builds up in ones system is it extremely harmful. It builds up, it does not flush out easily. SALT as you have used as an antagonist, not only flushes out it is a natural body process.

Salt helps us in small doses. Fluoride helps us in small doses. I never said salt would kill us in small doses. I am not trying to blur any lines. No one wants to see Miley twerk again.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join