It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Library

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hello ATSers! I want to see some new ideas on books for survival. The rules are simple: 1. once a book has been listed it can not be resubmitted. 2. If you list a book, you must also list the author. 3. You can not list military FM's or TM's (other hand books and guides are ok though), I have them all and want to see a different aspect of it. If you know of a book that would be better suited, then please explain and add it to the list. So, I'll start:

1. "The Total Outdoorsman Manual" by T. Edward Nickens, Et all.
2. "The SAS guide to Tracking" by Bob Carss
3. "Tracking: Signs of Man, Signs of Hope" by David Diaz and V.L. McCann

All three of these can be found on Amazon.com

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i read other threads on this subject , and may have posted , but i like these type of threads and will partake . "wild wood wisdom " by ellsworth jaeger is my favorite survival book . while it is old with black and white drawings instead of pictures , it contains more than enough info to help you obtain a comfortable survival situation . everything from making furniture , to procuring and making dinner. i do have updated wild edible books , only because they contain more types of wild edibles and multiple photos of them . samuel thayer has a couple books out on the subject.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

AWESOME! Thank you for the info. Are they available on Amazon or another site?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JJTHEFETT

Back to Basics: A Complete Guide to Traditional Skills, by Abigail R. Gehring

Amazon

Anyone who wants to learn basic living skills—the kind employed by our forefathers—and adapt them for a better life in the twenty-first century need look no further than this eminently useful, full-color guide. Countless readers have turned to Back to Basics for inspiration and instruction, escaping to an era before power saws and fast food restaurants and rediscovering the pleasures and challenges of a healthier, greener, and more self-sufficient lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

" When All Hell Breaks Loose" by Cody Lundin

It has to be my favorite survival book I have ever purchased. It's hilarious for one, but still practical and full of some amazing info. I rely more on all of my ID books, but you can't really go wrong with this book.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Foxfire book..series..by Eliot Wigginton

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Potentially a bit dated now, but Life After Doomsday by Bruce Clayton has made its way to my list recently. He also has a newer book called Life After Terrorism that I've heard some favorable reviews of.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

RocksFromSpace
The Foxfire book..series..by Eliot Wigginton

Truly the BOOKS when it comes to survival. Followed by the US Army Survival Manual: FM 21-76.

Two indispensible series/book that should be in everybody's library.
edit on 13-1-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My ex-husband had this one, among other things...Ultimate Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook. Lots of ammo and guns, etc...and etc...lol...I got to keep the AR15 and Mini 14 in the divorce, that was mighty generous of him, plus lots of ammo

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Dare to Prepare by Holly Drennan Deyo - a 540+-page tome but lots of good stuff in there covering almost every conceivable disaster.

new topics

top topics

join