It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Positive Look at Cops.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

semperfortis
reply to post by Krakatoa

I'm sorry

I'm not a child

Using all caps means NOTHING to me

If you take it as shouting, that is on you

I NEVER SHOUT

I see, then you must not have been on the Internet very long. Let me explain to you so there is no misunderstandings going forward. When a person writes in ALL CAPS (like that), it is a universal indicator of shouting at the person. If that is not your intent, then I recommend you not use all caps in future, or only when that is your intended meaning.

Seems odd tome, that a Super Moderator here at ATS does not know the meaning of using all caps in a post on the Internet....but, what do I know, I'm only a member/civilian here.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

semperfortis
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

How would you expect me, or anyone to react when someone.. You or anyone, would actually believe that I would admit to the actions I included in sarcasm??????

If we are to have an adult conversation, it is best to eliminate or at least identify those who can not engage in adult banter...

At the least we need to know who can not grasp sarcasm?

So more deflecting blame

HECK I BET IT WAS SOME ABUSIVE COP THAT HAS CAUSED THIS HERE!!!!

If we are to have a productive, adult conversation we should likely abstain from sarcasm. It is belittling, demeaning, and unneccessary. As a moderator you should understand that there is nothing to be gained from ratcheting up emotions.

This is an international website. People often have a tenuous grasp on English.

You DO realize that sarcasm isn't "adult banter", right? That is the kind of banter you see from angst filled teens. And you DO realize that you once again insulted and derided another member (or group of members).

In this thread you had a great opportunity to show folks how an intelligent police officers displayed empathy and understanding, along with a desire to make a positive impact. Instead you showed sarcasm, derision, and insults at other members. And then justified your behavior based on theirs. Is that how you carry out the duties of being an officer, too?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I've been what I am for longer than most here have been on the planet

So I am under no obligation or desire to conform to what you or any one else considers "Their kind of conversation"

I posted mathematical PROOF that the haters are wrong
I posted PROOF their comments of "MOST" cops is a lie
The closer I got to exposing them for what they are, the more they concentrate on my grammar

This conversation is going nowhere as I post facts, you all use emotions
I post math, you all use lies

It actually makes me feel somewhat unclean even continuing this

Buh
Bye

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So, back on-topic, does anyone else have references to police officers that do their job in an exemplary fashion, so we can highlight to good ones?

I last posted a video of a local Albany sheriffs deputy that defended the 1st amendment rights of citizens in the airport. I think that is one worth highlighting and celebrating, don't you?

Are there any more from the ATS members?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

semperfortis

I've been what I am for longer than most here have been on the planet

So I am under no obligation or desire to conform to what you or any one else considers "Their kind of conversation"

I posted mathematical PROOF that the haters are wrong
I posted PROOF their comments of "MOST" cops is a lie
The closer I got to exposing them for what they are, the more they concentrate on my grammar

This conversation is going nowhere as I post facts, you all use emotions
I post math, you all use lies

It actually makes me feel somewhat unclean even continuing this

Buh
Bye

I have not disputed your "facts" (although I wanted to).

You reap what you sow. You typed in all bold, capital font, it creates a reaction to just about everyone where they feel you are yelling. You may not interpret it that way...but if you are trying to communicate at least part of the onus of communicating clearly falls on your shoulders. Perhaps realigning what all caps typing means to you will help you understand those around you better.

Regardless, there was no emotion in what I said. Only observing your behavior. Your behavior was what had me begin posting in response to you, not your "proof".

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thread closed for staff review.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join