It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Positive Look at Cops.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Semper, I for one thank you for risking your life on a daily basis. I don't know too many people who would have the testiculiar fortitude to take a job that would risk your life everyday.

Not only that, but some of the stuff you see and have to deal with, It takes certain people to be able to handle it, and still keep a good grasp on their bearings.

Thank you again.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by thepolish1

You have a problem with an even playing field? These guys are shat on daily here. One thread to show the humanity of cops is too much?

My reply was to Liquense, not you my friend. People like that make me want to "Vomit"

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

semperfortis

It is NOT a job, it is a life calling

If more cops had this attitude then there would be no need any of the cop bashing threads.

Thank you for putting your life on the line for the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Viesczy

A calling? Okay, give back all your salary, do it on your own time, and do it hiding your identity.

'Til then you are doing a job, and attempting to glorify your job.

Derek

That would be a vigilante. Are you willing to do such? Just curious.

But I guess haters gotta hate otherwise they would have nothing else to do but suck up our oxygen. Which they already do at the detriment of the rest of us.

link   

intrepid

You have a problem with an even playing field? These guys are shat on daily here. One thread to show the humanity of cops is too much?

i think you will find there isn't much good to show in our world these days and especially not in law enforcement. reason why, all cops are bad, no, most cops are bad, no, many cops are bad, probably but not for no reason. many cops are bad because many things in our sick society are bad.

cops are on the forefront of corruption within municipality's, states and federal govt. they are in it knee deep so it's no wonder there are very few good ones around any longer. they are pressured by their bosses to generate revenue, deal with crime, as if laws deal with crime, maintain control, when no one wants to be controlled and so forth.

when i saw the thread title i thought, dang this guys a gluten for punishment but i'm glad yo did because there are a few decent cops out there, trouble is, they get out before they turn bad, or are forced to snitch on a fellow cop and choose to leave instead. we are loosing all the good people in these fields because the bad ones are growing exponentially, couple that with being treated poorly by their employers and what we have left is dismal at best.

our society is sick and police are no exception but i choose to view them as human beings and not cops because then i can respect them, i just wish more of them knew they were human beings before cops.

it's not going to get better, but then again nothing will without total society break down coming first.

link   

BB code and I aren't friends. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by Liquesence

I've seen your contribution on the board. We ALL know what you think. My one question is, do you understand English?

intrepid
There's plenty of negative threads for those that still want to crap on cops. Feel free to add them.

Apparently, I don't understand English, as you imply.

My one question to you, touched on in my first post, is: How is this cop dying while responding to a call—his duty—a "positive" look at cops?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Are YOU saying he's just doing his job?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Responding to a call is doing his job, yes.

It doesn't matter what the call is, whether saving the innocent from a robber, or busting a suspected pot smoker, wouldn't make it a "positive look."

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You dont understand the problem here.Thousands good cops can't cover one BAD cop.You cant cover thousands changing tires or finding kitties with situation when some pig kills or beat and abuse innocent man or drug and rape innocent women.That's why cops should be selected very carefully and passing many tests before get the job.One psycho and you spoil everything. You know that quote, better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Liquesence

It doesn't matter what the call is, whether saving the innocent from a robber, or busting a suspected pot smoker, wouldn't make it a "positive look."

Ok, he was doing his job, which many do not have the cahoonas to do. My prayers go out o his family.

Please tell me, what job are you doing to further quell civil unrest to a thankless population?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Liquesence

It doesn't matter what the call is, whether saving the innocent from a robber, or busting a suspected pot smoker...

Right. Doing his job, lost his life for us.

wouldn't make it a "positive look."

That's about as well as you could spin it. The dude did his job and died because of it. YES! There are good cops too.

link   

thepolish1

intrepid

I've seen your contribution on the board. We ALL know what you think. My one question is, do you understand English?

intrepid
There's plenty of negative threads for those that still want to crap on cops. Feel free to add them.

Wow man, you really need to re-evaluate what having cops around means to you.
That or else, you need to quit doing things TO involve the cops. I can't say I pity you, cuz you do it to yourself apparently.

I actually frequently work with cops. Or rather we pay them. Some are decent, because we pay them. But i see plenty who are still pricks, even to us. And i see how they are toward other people: ETA: Pricks.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

Well I have no idea why my post crapped out Oo

When the cops are just doing their job they are not doing a "good job".
When the cops are not doing their job and abusing their power, they should be reported on.

I don't see why we should heap praise on cops because they opted to do a job they knew is dangerous.
I also don't see why we should be guilted when we report on them when they abuse their power.

edit on 4-12-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Liquesence
I actually frequently work with cops. Or rather we pay them. Some are decent, because we pay them. But i see plenty who are still pricks, even to us. And i see how they are toward other people.

I TOTALLY believe that. Thank you for that contribution.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

winofiend

When the cops are just doing theW

Meaning?

What's your point?

3rd line.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

xavi1000
You dont understand the problem here.Thousands good cops can't cover one BAD cop.You cant cover thousands changing tires or finding kitties with situation when some pig kills or beat and abuse innocent man or drug and rape innocent women.That's why cops should be selected very carefully and passing many tests before get the job.One psycho and you spoil everything. You know that quote, better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

I see what you are getting at. And have experienced it myself. But one bad cop doesn't make the rest all bad. It's just thhat they get the press. If it bleeds, it leads.

Most of the LEO's, Firefighters, EMS and Military I know all complain about corruption within the ranks. Many of them have put their careers on the line exposing it. They just don't get the press, because it looks bad to the city.county/state government.
edit on 4-12-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
absolutely unsure what is going on with my pc. that was not what I typed.

grr

delete this till I work it out.
edit on 4-12-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Liquesence
I actually frequently work with cops. Or rather we pay them. Some are decent, because we pay them. But i see plenty who are still pricks, even to us. And i see how they are toward other people.

We have a break through! People are people. Some are dicks, while others are kind. Now we are getting somewhere.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

this won't be popular with you....for that I apologize.

I have had a discussion about police and the use of high speed. A nearby town had around a dozen police related automobile wrecks over the course of a year. Sadly, the same town's ISD had almost as many with the school buses during the same time. But that digression aside, I have seen with my own eyes how wreckless police cruisers can be when carrying out there duties. About 10 minutes ago I saw a local cop fail to signal a turn right before turning behind someone that he was going to pull over (lights weren't on yet).

This officer, in his quest to investigate a report of a drunk driver, hit another person and killed himself in the process. I am going to assume the other person had no injuries and only suffered loss of time and property (his car). He likely had some kind of injuries. But the point is, in the course of this officer trying to prevent others from becoming victims, he actually created a victim.

No one was dying when he chose to speed. But someone died because he chose to speed. Not sure what there is to celebrate here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join