It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wrote my first song EVER!

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hi all

I started playing the guitar a little while back, and like to sing round the house, but i tend to get real shy about playing or singing in front of anyone else. In fact i totally clam up.

Anyway, after seeing three daughters writing songs, and with some encouragement from a friend, i tried it myself.

I've been doing a fair bit for homeless charities lately so i thought i'd theme it around that.

Yes there's loads wrong with it, i recorded it here at my desk on what i think is a Wii microphone lol, so the guitar and vocal levels aren't great.....then there's my voice.....not a great singing voice.....i have to tweak the words a bit......but it's a start.

Now that i know the song a little better, i can sing it nicer i think, but this was a nervous first attempt. Also, i was so busy trying to concentrate on getting the song right, i did the same damn finger picking pattern all the way through on the guitar lol.....so i need to spice that up a bit.

The charity that i help looked up tonight and said they want to use it on radio in a couple of weeks time......so really have to tidy it up a bit. Luckily my girlfriend knows a few people in that business, i'm just pleased i wrote a song!

I just hope nobody asks me to sing it live.....i'd be petrified lol.

CX.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

That's your first song? You're off to a good start. That's good stuff. Nice vocals too.
I've written a few myself. It's a good feeling to finish a song and be happy with it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
first ever eh? not bad!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I hope you don't take offense but I loved your song and your voice.......I just wanted to share with you what I heard in the song, it inspired me to share it with you, again hope you don't take offense.

I sit upon the on cold floor
wearing rags for clothes but little more
You won't look at me cuz if you did you'd surely see
more than the bundle huddled in this door

(Chorus)

When you pass me in the town
I see your judgements turn to frowns
Please don't kick me when I'm down
I wasn't always in these doors
I may have had a life like yours
Just Please don't kick me when I'm down

If you would only smile at me
Give me space and time to believe
A chance to see more than the world walking over me
A glimpse of into the heart of humanity

(Chorus)

When you pass me in the town
I see your judgements turn to frowns
Please don't kick me when I'm down
I wasn't always in these doors
I may have had a life like yours
Just Please don't kick me when I'm down

It's a lonley life I lead full of insecurity
When you ain't got much to say
A smile can go a long way
So Please don't kick me when I'm down
Just please don't kick me when I'm down

I'm like an old worn book
discared on the shelf without a second look
But oldest books can be classics
Even when their jackets ragged

So please don't kick me when I'm down
Just Please don't kick me when I'm down, down

Just give me time time time
Just give me time time time
Give me time time time
Give me time time time

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Its really wonderful Its just way too much to see the crimes of this world in these people who have every single right to stake their claim, farm and land and erect their shelter or have teamwork to help and grow a big big garden, for the world belongs to all of us equally and all the seeds and resources of this earth and just seeing these people is witnessing such a tremendous torture and suffering, and its unbelievable, as always, its not something you can live with, walk away from...not that everyone is safe or able to do something but there should be in every single town and city/block region, teams of able bodied, outgoing, strong workers, who help, erect yurts, donate land and do the right thing and BOUNCE any elected minions standing in their way.

So it just made me so upset its hard to listen, when this is so outrageous a world and so many don't get it at all.

There are no slaves, no reason to kiss the corporate head or boss, he can work his own business he doesnt need slaves. We aren't slaves.

You have a wonderful voice, but such an emotional topic.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Thank you for the kind comments, it is very much appreciated.

Yes it is such an emotive topic, the more i speak to people, the more i hear stories of just how many people have been on the verge of homelessness too. People quite close to me who you'd never have guessed.

Thank you for your version of the words iLogic, it's lovely to hear constructive feedback, and i was looking to play around with the words maybe. Lots of options.

Thanks again everyone.

CX.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
That's a great little track. Fair play mate, really enjoyed it. Look forward to hearing some more

CX

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Cheers

CX.

top topics

join