It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it that America can win WWII in less time than it takes to build a website?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Sir once again it is not about our allies , it's about the US helped end WW2 Vs the money spent for 5 years for the Obamacare and thy failed!

Think about it www2...with all our allis over came WW2 but we can't do a workable website!
The money that was spent and it will not work...our government should have asked for help.

Cause this Country is going down the drain!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yes you are so right... people today if they have a secure job say nothing...but %70 are small employers or work for big box stores...but it is getting bad ,major comp. like IBM told there retires... we we give $1.500.00 a year,,,go find your own heath plan...they had great benefits,,,now tossed to the curb!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Dear nighthawk1954,

Forgive me, but I don't understand your objection to my comments. I don't remember making comments about helping the Allies, or the amount of money spent.

I was offering an alternative explanation for the failure of Obamacare: lack of defined mission, conducted by party supporters instead of experts, political influence over the mission, lack of popular support, lack of trust in the mission itself.

If there's been a misunderstanding, I'd be happy to try to clear it up.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
reply to post by smurfy

Excuse me sir I am in the health insurance business and I sit down with people all day long about them losing their doctors . and hospitals. I have done this f0r 22 years, My friend people are scared,
So if you know more than me in this state...... Please enlighten me. I could use the help... not to make money...but to help people!

What did I just say, go down to the office..your office for instance and do any sign-up manually.

So what are you now saying? are all the doctors on the participating insurance companies withdrawing, if so that is a different issue, and nothing to do with building a website, or if it crashed or didn't.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I am sorry sir you are right....I'm so tired ...as I post on here I am on the phone ,10 hours a day trying to help people ..your cool my bad ..just beat... bottom line is Obamacare IS really bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
OP, it is utterly amazing, isn't it? The United States Government has, among it's employees, the very best programmers, designers and coders in the world. Bar None. Period. Full stop.

That's not bragging. It's not even all that GOOD a thing. It's a statement of fact as agencies like the NSA GET the very best by fair or foul...hook or crook. Whatever it takes. They've burned and turned more than one major hacker with the "Give us a few or give 20 in prison, your choice" offer. They get the best.

So when it comes time for the United States to redesign what, even in 2009 was being called 1/5th of our economy for sheer scale as well as life and death for us ALL at some point in each our lives (no one is immortal), what do they do? They hire outside contractors who bill fortunes, blow millions of B.S., as we're now learning in media, and give a defective product.

Let's start over... The United States Government has, among it's employees, the very best programmers, designers and coders in the world. Bar None. Period. Full stop.

WHERE WERE THEY?! They could have had this, given it's importance and 20% estimate of our economy for a national security hook...built BY the very best. Not simply built by the lowest bidder.

This wasn't a contract for an outhouse or warehouse. This was a contract to directly shape and form a LARGE % of what will redefine 1/5th of our national structure. This shouldn't have gone out to private sector goobers.

The spymasters could have cut some of their whiz kids loose for a few weeks, and I'll bet it could have been done in SHOCKINGLY short time....to serve the nation in a different way.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Dear nighthawk1954,

Hey! Listen up! You are important!

Got that?

Work yourself into a stroke or something, then who will you help?

Get really tired and make a mistake, who will that help?

You have a noble mission, helping people. But you've got to take care of yourself to accomplish that mission.

Better recheck your priorities.

With respect (and admiration for your work),
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

charles1952

Dear nighthawk1954,

Got that?

You have a noble mission, helping people. But you've got to take care of yourself to accomplish that mission

Charles1952

Thank you I'm going to bed now , I have to se 10 couples tomarrow that are over 65..thank you and good night... Ijust wish I could inform more people as open enrolment here ends this week end and a lot of seniors will be stuck with crap costing them a lot of money out of pocket,

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

charles1952

Dear nighthawk1954,

Got that?

You have a noble mission, helping people. But you've got to take care of yourself to accomplish that mission

Charles1952

Thank you I'm going to bed now , I have to se 10 couples tomarrow that are over 65..thank you and good night... Ijust wish I could inform more people as open enrolment here ends this week end and a lot of seniors will be stuck with crap costing them a lot of money out of pocket,

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
OP, it is utterly amazing, isn't it? The United States Government has, among it's employees, the very best programmers, designers and coders in the world. Bar None. Period. Full stop.

That's not bragging. It's not even all that GOOD a thing. It's a statement of fact as agencies like the NSA GET the very best by fair or foul...hook or crook. Whatever it takes. They've burned and turned more than one major hacker with the "Give us a few or give 20 in prison, your choice" offer. They get the best.

So when it comes time for the United States to redesign what, even in 2009 was being called 1/5th of our economy for sheer scale as well as life and death for us ALL at some point in each our lives (no one is immortal), what do they do? They hire outside contractors who bill fortunes, blow millions of B.S., as we're now learning in media, and give a defective product.

Let's start over... The United States Government has, among it's employees, the very best programmers, designers and coders in the world. Bar None. Period. Full stop.

WHERE WERE THEY?! They could have had this, given it's importance and 20% estimate of our economy for a national security hook...built BY the very best. Not simply built by the lowest bidder.

This wasn't a contract for an outhouse or warehouse. This was a contract to directly shape and form a LARGE % of what will redefine 1/5th of our national structure. This shouldn't have gone out to private sector goobers.

The spymasters could have cut some of their whiz kids loose for a few weeks, and I'll bet it could have been done in SHOCKINGLY short time....to serve the nation in a different way.

I would agree with that in the main, I am on much the same tack, although I think health costs are grossly inflated by R&D costs that never seem to reduce in the end product, even if it is a basic instrument, made out of basic substances in a commercial, albeit it refinedd way. Can you luxuriate with medical equipment? probably, but the X factor £/$ or whatever goes up accordingly, feck all to do with the hippocratic oath, and often not much to do with the technology it came from. Sorry to the mods, I needed all Wrabs comments intact.

edit on 4-12-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
All things being what they are ?

I'd rather not have the current regime from mordor drop 2 nukes on me and my kind just so they can pat themselves on the back for a 'job well done'.

Nukes won the war. The 'allies' helped, but make no mistake Fat man and Little Boy got the job done.

Although it is a fitting comparison to what is currently happening.

The US Government and nukes are the same thing.

Both weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Maybe because the usa had EQUAL help from the uk and Russia who shoulderd a good part of the work........

God i hate it when people forget the usa was just ONE of many player.

Maybe obama should get russian, british and Australian help

edit on 5-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

neo96

Nukes won the war. The 'allies' helped, but make no mistake Fat man and Little Boy got the job done.

More yanky doodle bs, the allies has squarly beat germany by the time the nukes were droped. Plus even then the war was over for japan, they were already starting to cry uncle, a few conventional fire bombing could have got them surrenderd.

And il also add the manhatten project was a joint british american and canadian project

edit on 5-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You should change your title, it's divisive and stupid and according to you, has nothing to do with what you want to discuss.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm in IT and have n3v3r as in never as in 3v3r as in never ever gone production w/ an apt that failed - another huge embarrassment to the current regime.

ACA just try to apply

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
there are many US IT people who need work and have good skills. But someone decided a Canadian Accidenture should get the work. It's a shame that outsourcing has become the solution. I for one am glad it is a piece of crap. I only wish a lesson could be learned.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Somebody needs to check their facts WW2 didn't end in May of 45 the war in Europe ended in May of 45. WW2 ended with the surrender of the Japanese and that didn't happen till August 15, 1945. So the war took longer than the website. Also there is one big mistake the author made and that was the website was made by Canadians not Americans.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

neo96
All things being what they are ?

I'd rather not have the current regime from mordor drop 2 nukes on me and my kind just so they can pat themselves on the back for a 'job well done'.

Although it is a fitting comparison to what is currently happening.

The US Government and nukes are the same thing.

Both weapons of mass destruction.

The Allies dropped a nuke on Germany??? I know the RAF had some 22,000 pound bombs, but nukes? Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join