It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it that America can win WWII in less time than it takes to build a website?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

“Putting things in perspective: March 21st 2010 to October 1 2013 is 3 years, 6 months, 10 days. December 7, 1941 to May 8, 1945 is 3 years, 5 months, 1 day. What this means is that in the time we were attacked at Pearl Harbor to the day Germany surrendered is not enough time for this progressive federal government to build a working webpage. Mobilization of millions, building tens of thousands of tanks, planes, jeeps, subs, cruisers, destroyers, torpedoes, millions upon millions of guns, bombs, ammo, etc. Turning the tide in North Africa, Invading Italy, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Race to Berlin – all while we were also fighting the Japanese in the Pacific!! And in that amount of time – this administration can’t build a working webpage.”
Read more at www.liveleak.com...

To me this is so disturbing! I just can't believe what has happened to this country!
I am so disgusted with Washington!

www.youtube.com...

www.liveleak.com...

The fact is the fact!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

so the u.k australia /canada india poland etc etc just stood and watched in ww2

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

No sir . Just comparing what the US did in WW2 compared to our lame government of today.

edit on 4-12-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

I should mention my health Ins. rates are going from $650.00 a month to 975.00 a month!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

America did not win World War 2 on their own.
The obvious moral is that Obama needs to call in the help of British and Russian software experts (don't bother with the French).

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It helps when you sit on the reserve bench for 3 quarters of the game.

Wait until each side has bombed the crap outta each other, are demoralised and are hemorrhaging money, then bring the fresh reserves off the bench..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
reply to post by geobro

No sir . Just comparing what the US did in WW2 compared to our lame government of today.

Take heart!

At least it hasn't cost the US government as much as WW2...yet.

Edit to add:

Everybody needs to be a little less PC. Take the intention, not the face value.

edit on 4-12-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Well this is at least refreshing, in the sense that you did not just say Obama, but Washington as a Whole. I am just saying, at least you did not single out 1 person.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Imagine you were a heavy weight boxer back in the times when Iron Mike Tyson was INVINCIBLE, but you knew you couldn't beat him, but you wanted that title.

The answer is simple.

Wait until a score of challengers has softened him up. He has still retained his title, but now he battered and bruised, and the whole time you've been training, training and training. You observe his fighting skill until you think he is now on the down hill slope of his career, both in and outside the ring. The media gave his reputation a beating, and it also showed in his social life. The guy was in complete ruin before you even thought about mounting your challenge.

Given those circumstances you'd be able to beat Iron Mike.

Germany were in their last death throes before the bench warmers got there, so don't try and undermine the efforts of every other nation who were committed to protecting the world, YOU INCLUDED, from the very beginning of the war effort.

May the ANZAC spirit live forever.
Lest We Forget.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Of course this has been a long time in the makings as far back as the Clintons.
I am in the buss. of health care Ins. for 22 years. What is going to happen is this ,after 180 days plus they will be paying more out in claims the taking in premium and rate will go up to %50 to %70.
This gives the man a chance to put in sohalized medicine .

I am thinking in real life of moving out of the US to protect my family.
They just announced they are cutting Medicare rates by %24...doctors and hospital in my state will not take Obamacare.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Trubeeleever
Imagine you were a heavy weight boxer back in the times when Iron Mike Tyson was INVINCIBLE, but you knew you couldn't beat him, but you wanted that title.

The answer is simple.

Wait until a score of challengers has softened him up. He has still retained his title, but now he battered and bruised, and the whole time you've been training, training and training. You observe his fighting skill until you think he is now on the down hill slope of his career, both in and outside the ring. The media gave his reputation a beating, and it also showed in his social life. The guy was in complete ruin before you even thought about mounting your challenge.

Given those circumstances you'd be able to beat Iron Mike.

Germany were in their last death throes before the bench warmers got there, so don't try and undermine the efforts of every other nation who were committed to protecting the world, YOU INCLUDED, from the very beginning of the war effort.

May the ANZAC spirit live forever.
Lest We Forget.

The Question I believe was, "How is it America can win WWII in less time than it takes to build a website" In other words, Why is the Affordable Health Care Act website taking so long to get up and running properly? Not how we won WWII.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

Sir I am just talking about what the US did in 4 years compared to our lame Government that has been working on this for 5 years...nothing more.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Sorry MY BAD

I just read the title and flew off the handle..

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No Problem Brother>>> I personally met a Spit fire Pilot that served in New Guinea in early 1943 with my father in law that flew a P-47 Razor back. Oh the stories they told me in the mid Nineties. I went england and visted them..
I love the Brits and The Aussies ...when they landed in Australia to build his planes ,it was so big they said to him where does the rest of the crew sit! He had all his leave time there...198 missions 13 kills , but that could be another thread. But sad they are now all dead.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is so common now and the worst part is the private sector is even worse at it. Look at big blockbuster games that come out for the PC. Servers always crash, the games are bugged like crazy etc, and they spend hundreds of millions and have years to prepare and they end up moving their release dates late and later and they still are a wreck when they release. Hell places like Walmrt and Target have crashes every year despite the fact they have had websites for decades and know that things like Cyber Monday happen every year. And the thing is, it is so common nobody seems to care that you buy a game you have to wait a month for patches so it will work. Nobody would accept that in any other industry.

Imagine if this happened in the real world.

Hey here is you new car but we forgot the tires we will send them to you one at a time over the next couple of months.

Oh you spent an hour trying to buy something on on sale in our store and then the store just shut down and you never got it, sorry.

Here is your meal sir, we know it is not cooked but come on look how busy it is and we only have a couple ovens. You will just have to wait a few weeks until we get some more before we cook you food.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Didn't the project go to a Canadian company?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

nighthawk1954
reply to post by geobro

I should mention my health Ins. rates are going from $650.00 a month to 975.00 a month!

as you have noticed nothing happens by chance in politics maybe our glourious leaders wanted to take a while over this and push us plebs a bit more add 30% to the bills .

then sit back and lol about how much we will take while asking please sir can i have some more .

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

There's a lot of balance needed here. Where would you feel all the real talent is in regard to cyberspace?

I don't think it has been fastracked to a website for administrating to the health of even an advanced nation, not when that nation is spending triilions in Cyberwarfare, and still coming back for extra, and when that nation is encouraging all sorts of shadies to join in. Why not tweet Gen. Alexander, the pope of the NSA, and even he is not likely the 'real' Kingpin, to make his case. BTW, according to the blurb, it has taken 'him' eight years to get thus far.

www.wired.com...

And, going by that story, you don't know nothing yet!

And to go further again, I would say forget about Obama's website and take your ass down to an office, with real people and do it over the counter, because with people like Alexander about, they can feck up anything if they don't like your face.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You are right! I can be arrested under the Patriot Act as I have more than month's supply of food like 6 months plus. But after woking ground zero I knew what I had to do for my family,as after hurricane Sandy and the blizzard we had in the northeast...Obama said he was gonna cut through the red tape, well there are 1.000 homes still not rebuilt.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Excuse me sir I am in the health insurance business and I sit down with people all day long about them losing their doctors . and hospitals. I have done this f0r 22 years, My friend people are scared,
So if you know more than me in this state...... Please enlighten me. I could use the help... not to make money...but to help people!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
If you've got room for another thought?

In WWII, America had a goal. Join with everyone else and beat the Germans into submission. They gave the task to the best they had, and stepped out of the way.

With this debacle, there were multiple, conflicting missions, and the task was given to people primarily qualified by their high degree of loyalty to the administration.

Further, in WWII the people understood the mission, wholeheartedly supported it, and sacrificed to help accomplish it because it was necessary for the protection of the country.

The current mess was never explained honestly, split the country in half, and is seen as a political move to "transform" the country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join