It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Cow comes to the US...Titor groupies rejoice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Is this where it all begins, and the food supply is choked when more cases arise???

A second case of mad cow disease may have turned up in the United States, but the suspect animal did not enter the food chain, Agriculture Department officials said Thursday.

This is the 2nd case....

The possible case comes 11 months after the United States had its first case of mad cow disease. Japan and other countries are still maintaining bans against U.S. beef as the result of that earlier case.

Should we be worried???

Just before the start of the July Fourth weekend, the department had announced two other possible cases of the brain-wasting illness in the United States but then said follow-up testing proved negative. Both were subjected to the more definitive testing after initial screenings were inconclusive.

Are there other cases that are supressed??? Man, civil unrest, talk of civil war and now Mad Cow. Damn, Titor groupies are having a field day.
On a seriuos note, this is something that should be watched.

If food supply chains were disrupted by this fear or truth, it could lead to healthier lifestyles!!!

[edit on 18-11-2004 by esdad71]

and for you liberal Bush bashers, this quote shows it is not his fault and he is trying to regulate it...

In the only confirmed U.S. case, a Canadian-born Holstein was found to have been infected, but just that one case caused Japan and more than three dozen other countries to refuse U.S. beef. That hurt U.S. export sales and the farm economy.

Bush administration officials are now focused on trying to get those bans lifted and with establishing a national identification system for tracking livestock and poultry from birth through the production chain.

Such a system has worried producers, who prefer to keep their records confidential or run a voluntary ID clearinghouse that would provide government officials with limited access.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
edited for reasoning.

[edit on 11/18/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Was just reading about this and John Titor immediately sprung to mind

Still skeptic though...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Can someone provide a link about what Titor said about this matter? Im a newbie so I wanna see what he has to say on this, goodle search didnt come up with it.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let japan ban our beef imports, maybe we can get some filet mingoin for about 25 cents a pound now

Before I get flamed, it was a joke. I know there are some dairy farmers suffering because of this.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've cut down on my beef intake quite alot since the first case, but I have to admit I'm addicted. Hell even my current mood says ribsteak.

My grandfather was a big beef eater & he died of Alzheimers disease. There's now speculation that it might be related to Mad Cow.

Seems like everything I like is bad for you these days.

dh

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Still better to avoid all red meat product
They want some spreading vCJD disease
Fits in with how the Schumann resonances are already playing playimg with your DNA
Keep the prion-likely substances well away
This is engineered

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
I've cut down on my beef intake quite alot since the first case, but I have to admit I'm addicted. Hell even my current mood says ribsteak.

My grandfather was a big beef eater & he died of Alzheimers disease. There's now speculation that it might be related to Mad Cow.

Seems like everything I like is bad for you these days.

I been thinking about this for awhile now. Came up with baked beef flavoered tofu. I have made it and it is very close to real beef. Hope this helps those who are addicted to beef.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would rather eat big, juicy steaks and let the effects of it show here on ATS

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They won't keep me from my enjoyment of beef.
The last time this scare came up, the folks in the Far East had contracts for our beef. The beef industry had to fulfill those contracts.
Guess who bore the brunt of that shortage, in higher prices?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Personally, I don't know if I could give up eating 'red meat'. I love a good steak or a 1/2 lb burger. I have read also the similatiry between Mad Cow and Alzhiemers and it was very intruiging..

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't eat meat so I don't care really but I thought I would throw this in anyway.

USDA Finds 'Inconclusive' Mad Cow Test Result
Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:34 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - First-round screening tests returned "inconclusive" results for mad cow disease from one animal and samples were being submitted for final and more sophisticated analysis, the U.S. Agriculture Department said on Thursday

Asked about the impact of the test result on talks with Japan, which has barred U.S. beef since last December, USDA Associate Deputy Administrator Andrea Morgan said, "I would not expect that that would affect them" because of the steps already taken by the agency to prevent the spread of the disease.

More

[edit on 19/11/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
[

USDA Finds 'Inconclusive' Mad Cow Test Result
Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:34 AM ET

USDA calls a positive "inconclusive". Actually it's two positives on the same cow that are "inconclusive". These comments would make George Orwell's day.

The bottom line is the cow was high risk, was tested twice, and was positive twice. Now we are waiting for the thrid positive so the inconclusive can be the second confirmed case in the US. There is more to come. USDA keeps the numbers down by simply limiting tetsing.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Fusion360, welcome to ATS. SkepticOverlord compiled a comprehensive John Titor post collection...

Start here

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Heres an update

cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

Niiiiice.....

The U.S. Agriculture Department kept information about the suspect animal under tight wraps, refusing to identify its age, sex or location.

TPL

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Isn't the Titor scenario now dead?
All the events predicted for the recent election didn't happen.

NO CIVIL WAR!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I was reading a short story by Brian Aldiss ( british author of the story that inspired A.I.) called Beef. It took place in the future, and discussed the extinction of cows, and how separate groups reacted to it ( some actually believed the cease of the beef market would cause the collapse of the world market). It was an interesting story and I reccommend it to anyone, but what caught my eye was the last two sentences of the story: "Meat Makes You Ill. It Has Made The Whole Planet Ill. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar to the events in this story happens in the immediate future. Kind of makes you want to stop eating meat, at least red meat. It made me stop.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This was not just a Titor issue, as yo ucan see that was a added Bonus. IN his defense though, most of what he said is coming true. Remember, the inaguration hasn't occured yet. If you thought the riots were bad in 2000, well, figure it out for yourself. This would fit with his 'timeline' of civil unrest starting with the elections...

This could have an adverse affect on the global meat market in the next 5 to 10 years.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Will it really have an effect though? So many cultures have meat as a main staple in the diet. Americans are constantly eating meat for example. Will the average American stop eating meat? Short term I could see people limiting themselves. But long term? I highly doubt there will be any long term impact on the market. I like my barbecues!

TPL

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeipeg
I was reading a short story by Brian Aldiss ( british author of the story that inspired A.I.) called Beef. It took place in the future, and discussed the extinction of cows, and how separate groups reacted to it ( some actually believed the cease of the beef market would cause the collapse of the world market). It was an interesting story and I reccommend it to anyone, but what caught my eye was the last two sentences of the story: "Meat Makes You Ill. It Has Made The Whole Planet Ill. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar to the events in this story happens in the immediate future. Kind of makes you want to stop eating meat, at least red meat. It made me stop.

It won't stop me eating meat, unless the cases of Mad Cow suddenly exploded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join