It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

>>>Penquins & All Ocean Animals Will Die Out.<<<

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The Fukushima radiation will eventually render the world's oceans dead.
All whales , dolphins , seals , sea lions , manatees etc that live off ocean fish and other sea food will
go extinct.

All animals that live on shore and eat ocean fish will also very probably die out...
penguins, albatross , sea gulls , sea otters , sea hawks , pelicans ,etc...

polar bears eat seals so they will be history ....

I never thought about this until today.....

Oh sure..penguins can be kept in zoos.....But it's not really the same thing....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Er... I like penguins and seals and bears and all that stuff, but I doubt they'll die simply because one nuclear central went down.

Let me explain: the Japanese people are well closer to Fukushima than polar bears and penguins, yet it doesn't mean that the Japanese are facing extinction...

edit on 4-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Could you elaborate some more with "proof" of this?

I am an animal lover as well, as most people yet countless threads have postulated the same degree of what you stated, with lack of proof.

Yes, we do have a "serious" problem with Fukushiima, but what are the ramifications if not "unforseable" due to not experiancing something to this magnitude.

I will say, we have been experiancing some significant "oddities" in regards to all sea life, but who's to say that Fukushiima is the cause? We more than likely still have "Oil Plumes" from BP running in the undercurrents of the oceans, combined w/ Fukushiima we have more than a serious scenerio playing out...

But it's all speculation, and hersay...

Not that I dont' believe you, we just need more "hardened" evidence than just a few one liners....

I'm not discrediting just wanting more elaboration on the unforseen.

Best regards,

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Cathar, is Alex Jones influencing you enough to spill things out before doing your own research?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

Hey, don't be that sarcastic. The radiation from the accident was many magnitudes higher than the Hiroshima bombing. The OP does kinda make a half-point. I think it is highly doubtful that all sea life will end, but I also think it is quite possible that such an accident will cause some damage to the biosphere.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I am sorry I did come across as rude. I will have to look further into this and I do agree that life in the ocean will be changed forever, but I don't foresee a mass extinction of everything I love in the ocean. Maybe I am blind..... The ocean is just so vast. Sorry Cath

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

VoidWalker
reply to post by swanne

I am sorry I did come across as rude. I will have to look further into this and I do agree that life in the ocean will be changed forever, but I don't foresee a mass extinction of everything I love in the ocean.

On that I wholeheartedly agree with you.

reply to post by cathar

What say you, Cathar?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's been 2 years and 9 months since Fukushima....scientists are finally coming out
and talking realistically...You can google "Pacific ocean /dead/radiation/youtube " and get plenty of
information......Most people don't want to deal with this....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

250 Million years ago 96% of all Marine creatures were WIPED OUT! The Permian–Triassic or Great Extinction

More than 90 percent of all organisms that have ever lived on Earth are extinct! NINETY FREAKING PERCENT! GONE! Never to ever return!

Humans had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it! All Life was nearly EXTINGUISHED! Not even living in Zoo's (as far as I know lol).

Now if Penguins live in a zoo then perhaps we could eventually repopulate them back into the wild much like we have done with countless species! And we will figure out a way to eliminate radiation! Not to mention Chernobyl is THRIVING!

I actually believe that once we get our act together Humans could end mass extinctions and really preserve life! So stop the Doom & Gloom Humans may mess things up but The Universe has been wiping out life much longer than we have and there are some of us who will do our best to prevent it!

Humans may actually be Life's evolutionary answer to END Extinctions !
edit on 4-12-2013 by abeverage because: of good humans!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

It's been 2 years and 9 months since Fukushima....scientists are finally coming out
and talking realistically...You can google "Pacific ocean /dead/radiation/youtube " and get plenty of
information......Most people don't want to deal with this....

Is it that people don't want to deal with this or we don't know how, and are actively seeking a resolution? Of some kind?

We as humans prior to Chernobyl, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Fukushima live w/ radiation every day of our lives. Though, not at the numbers that the above give off, but we do and we survive.

As another poster stated, all species at one time or another have died off w/o the helpful hand of "us" crazy, irresponsible humans. Doesn't make this scenerio "ok", but the Earth doesn't need a reason to kill off any species. It acts and reacts as the Earth needs to, too survive.

I understand the concern, but what is the point of this thread? It's been Doom'd around several times over on ATS....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

swanne
reply to post by cathar

Er... I like penguins and seals and bears and all that stuff, but I doubt they'll die simply because one nuclear central went down.

Let me explain: the Japanese people are well closer to Fukushima than polar bears and penguins, yet it doesn't mean that the Japanese are facing extinction...

The above post doesn't make a lot of sense, Does IT ?

Three [3] nuclear cores went into total melt down>>> This is called China Syndrome...

The radioactive isotopes have a half life of tens of thousands of years and millions of tons
of radioactive water has been drained off into the Pacific Ocean....& continues this all day every day .

Does anybody here think the radioactivity will stop at the tip of South America and not enter the Atlantic Ocean.?
As far as the Japanese people are concerned ; they don't have to eat seafood to live but penguins do.

Entire Pacific Ocean will be contaminated with radiation in 6 years

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi!
If it was just Fukushima, that would be bad enough!
But together with everything else that man is doing,
it's a wonder anything is left alive!

The whole, 'the oceans are huge, we'll just dump our c - - -
in there, it will get diluted', mentality is part of the problem!!!

I used to wonder where the mercury was coming from that is in fish?
Then I read about the shiploads of it that the Nazi's were transporting that were sunk!
Then the atomic bomb testing that was done in the Pacific starting in the 1940's.
The huge floating islands of plastic garbage, that marine life is eating & dying from.

BP oil spill & chemicals used to disperse it.
Fertilizer & pesticide runoff in rivers, that makes it's way into the oceans.
Now I read that plastic micro beads in body wash are getting into rivers!

The Great Barrier Reef in Australia is seeing problems.
Coral is dying off in multiple locations.
Starfish along the west coast are dissolving.
Seals are showing up with lesions on them.

That's just what I can think of off hand!
And that's just what has been seen so far!
What is happening that hasn't been seen yet???
Human beings are such an arrogant lot!!!
WOQ

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There are now more member Juggalos in the Insane Clown Possie Nation than there are Polar Bears on this planet.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The wildlife in and around Chernobyl is exactly thriving, but is isn't dying out, either. There is a show called River Monsters on Animal Planet which features an angler who goes fishing for the really large fish in lakes and river systems, catch and release. This past season, he went fishing in and around Chernobyl searching for a supposed radioactive monster that had allegedly attacked some workers in a nearby lake. He caught several different types of fish that all looked healthy in the cooling lake and canals around the plant itself. He even caught a relatively large Wels catfish which he speculated might have been the culprit in the attack (Wels are notoriously aggressive and will even attack people if they get large enough or are protecting their nests). He pulled his Wels out of the actual cooling canal in between patches on ground that were so "hot" they were setting off his rad alarm.

He didn't return this Wels, but he kept it for testing. It was very radioactive, and it was also stunted in growth. So the contamination of the site had impacted it. Being a bottom feeder and an apex predator, I imagine it had more contamination than the other fish in the chain. However, the eco-system appeared to have plenty of fish, even if they were negatively impacted.

On land, it was a little different. According to biologists studying the land animals around Chernobyl. The area is gradually losing biodiversity. Species are being rendered sterile by the high radioactivity, so even though individuals appear healthy, they may be unable to breed.

This may be going on with the fish, too, but no one is studying them, and the much higher number of eggs in a spawn seems to be insulating them. Or, maybe, radioactivity in the water isn't as damaging as it is in the open air. Remember, the atolls around bikini are thriving much quicker then the land despite having also suffered underwater nuclear bursts.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The last 2/3rds of this interview with Tim Rifat lays out how dire things are getting and will continue to get with the scrontium 90 and Cobalt 60....We are looking at 136 years of radioactive doom.
The Rothchild bankers are taking over the breadbasket of eastern Europe [ The Ukrain] because it will be least affected by the radiation....But eventually China will be destroyed so there will be no competition for the take down and depopulation of Africa and South America...these areas will be taken over and populated by the people chosen by the bankers...

America will be out of the picture due to race wars and radiation....

if link fails google rense / tim rifat dec 2/youtube...
edit on 4-12-2013 by cathar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
deleted by cathar
edit on 4-12-2013 by cathar because: bad link

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

cathar
The Fukushima radiation will eventually render the world's oceans dead.
All whales , dolphins , seals , sea lions , manatees etc that live off ocean fish and other sea food will
go extinct.

All animals that live on shore and eat ocean fish will also very probably die out...
penguins, albatross , sea gulls , sea otters , sea hawks , pelicans ,etc...

polar bears eat seals so they will be history ....

I never thought about this until today.....

Oh sure..penguins can be kept in zoos.....But it's not really the same thing....

I would probably take sea gulls off that list, they live everywhere, not just by water...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Okay. But how do we explain this?

A June 2012 Stanford University study estimated, using a linear no-threshold model, that the radiation release from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant could cause 130 deaths from cancer globally (the lower bound for the estimater being 15 and the upper bound 1100) and 180 cancer cases in total (the lower bound being 24 and the upper bound 1800), most of which are estimated to occur in Japan. Radiation exposure to workers at the plant was projected to result in 2 to 12 deaths.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Only 1800... Not exactly an extinction. And yes, Japanese eat seafood.

www.savoryjapan.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.lonelyplanet.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Human beings will populate consume and populate and consume until its all gone and that's even without nuclear energy. Sad really.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Don't all organisms do this?

The fact that we can survive better than any other species is not a negative trait. If any other animal had our capabilities the same environmental damage that we do would be done because those are the costs of reducing the suffering of its people.

Nuclear power = more energy = more production = more resources = less suffering.

Go back one or two hundred years and see if our species was better off then than now.

top topics

join