It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP 5 Types of "Good Evidence" -or- What "Undeniable Evidence" of ETs on Earth Would Look Like

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

JadeStar

There's a database that is suitable for this purpose called MetBase:
MetBase - Meteorite Information

I would be highly interested in whether it is a close match to anything in MetBase before I'd declare that analysis proof that a spacecraft manufactured by extraterrestrials crashed in the New Mexico desert.

That search will only cost about $515.00 Actually 370EU.

That's not really a "database" per se' ; more like an application with attached data. Also means little access to the raw data (they likely have it protected in some way).

Anyway; did you miss the part where the samples were characterized sheet stock?

It would be interesting to do that search; all we need is a free dataset.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Recently in a thread about the femi paradox a member came up with this Link and this shortstory fits just perfect to what you say:
--

We’re Made Out of Meat

From the Nebula Award-nominated short story, “They’re Made Out of Meat” by Terry Bisson:

"They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"Meat?"

"There's no doubt about it. We picked up several from different parts of the planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, and probed them all the way through. They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the stars?"

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them. The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat."

A little while later:

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome and log in any and all sentient races or multibeings in this quadrant of the Universe, without prejudice, fear or favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say? 'Hello, meat. How's it going?'

io9.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
post removed to intended thread.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Ross 54 because: post removed to intended thread

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You can check out my two YouTube videos, which are actual photographs taken by me in the summer of 1972, at Calvert Cliffs, Maryland, on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. [Use the 480 pixel]

Space Alien Hiding Behind Fossil Rock

youtu.be...

Space Alien Petroglyph --- Which is a geoglyph carving of a possible self portrait of the alien himself.

youtu.beZ-N1PGj79Vs...

edit on 19-12-2013 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

tanka418

JadeStar

There's a database that is suitable for this purpose called MetBase:
MetBase - Meteorite Information

I would be highly interested in whether it is a close match to anything in MetBase before I'd declare that analysis proof that a spacecraft manufactured by extraterrestrials crashed in the New Mexico desert.

That search will only cost about $515.00 Actually 370EU.

That's not really a "database" per se' ; more like an application with attached data. Also means little access to the raw data (they likely have it protected in some way).

Anyway; did you miss the part where the samples were characterized sheet stock?

It would be interesting to do that search; all we need is a free dataset.

$515 is cheap for a database like that. Some of the better databases in astronomy cost far more than that. I call it a database because essentially an application with access to data is considered a database for the purpose we'd be using it for: To cross reference the isotopic ratios of these metal samples with known meteoric isotopic ratios.

Any kid can raise $515 USD on Kickstarter or Indiegogo in a week.

You mean to tell me that for all the money that the Roswell incident has made for people selling everything from "crashed saucer models" to alien blow up dolls they can't throw in a few bucks for this vital analysis?

There were some rushes to judgement at the end of that paper that would get that guy into trouble by the way. If you want me to point them out I can.
edit on 19-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

JadeStar
You mean to tell me that for all the money that the Roswell incident has made for people selling everything from "crashed saucer models" to alien blow up dolls they can't throw in a few bucks for this vital analysis?

ROFLMAO! (cough) I'm sorry...

Excellent point!

Although, I prefer my data raw, and un-cooked. Besides, I have experience in concocting and writing "search engines"; as a general rule they all suck! Are far to inflexible, and don't allow you to do any high level stuff. On the other hand "SQL" (structured query language) is a rather unforgiving language that has some obvious shortcomings and a syntax somewhat like "C". But once learned it is the most powerful search tool available.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

That absolutely puts another explanatory spin on my post! Great! Thanks...MS

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Do you think that is something that we are capable of doing? I mean,If they are coming here,they're technology would obviously be beyond ours.Would it be unreasonable to assume that if they didn't want us to know they were here they would be capable of hiding from us? Even if we did detect some kind of anomalous energy or action how would we ascertain a connection to something extraterrestrial simply by it's virtue of being unknown? I really believe it would take a very public arrival of an alien ship on the white house lawn,for example,for the world to be undeniably convinced that we are not alone.Based on some of the things I've seen said on here,even an event like that would not be enough to convince some.It is almost as if they are incapable of accepting that information as fact no matter how it was delivered.Now,I'm all about empirical evidence and experiments that can be repeated multiple times with consistent results,but sometimes,I get the impression from some of the posters that even an arrival is not acceptable proof and I wonder what it would take for them to believe.I mean, what better proof than to talk to someone from another planet? Would they have to go to this other planet?,fly in the ship?Would the aliens have to try to prove to them they were not from earth? How would they do that if their ship were not convincing enough? Sorry, I'm getting a little off topic but it's a fascinating scenario!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Based on some of the things I've seen said on here,even an event like that would not be enough to convince some.

I've not seen any evidence of that at all – quite the opposite in fact. There are those that attribute almost anything they don't understand or can identify to 'aliens' or 'UFOs' and there are those that require substantially more proof. I haven't seen a single person say they will categorically refute strong and convincing evidence of contact. In fact, the only people who do say that are the people who already believe.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TerraLiga

I got the impression from a post I read in the aliens and ufo's section in here that something being extraterrestially built would be the last possibility this person would consider.I live in the bible belt and I can assure you there are people here would tellyou to get off the drugs if you tried to talk to them about aliens.And they're probably not the only ones.But, it was just a single personal impression,not a big deal.Some people are exceedingly set intheir beliefs and will not change no matter what evidence is presented.I know some of them so I don't really try to show evidence either way,just sit back and wait for" them" to make the 1st move.If they want us to know they're here we probably will.There are people out there that would argue that e.t. has already made the 1st move and the rest of us just can't see it,I don't know.Lot of strange things in the world and the universe.Like trying to prove the existence of ghosts or bigfoot.For some,it's just too fantastic to believe

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join