I thought I'd start this thread to gather together some ideas of what I and other people of a skeptical mindset would need to prove evidence of
extraterrestrial intelligence on Earth.
First let us deal with what is NOT considered good evidence in support of claims that intelligent extraterrestrials are flitting about Earth's
1. Eyewitness testimony. This is the weakest form of evidence there is. Seeing is -not- believing unfortunately. And while someone can sincerely
believe they saw ET their personal belief in and of itself is not anything that amounts to testable, verifiable, scientific evidence.
2. Photos/Videos of anomalous lights/craft - Its 2013. We all have access to computers capable of producing very realistic CGI fakes and any one can
buy chinese lanterns or cheap radio controlled "UFO"s to film. Even expert photo and video analysts can and have been fooled by such.
3. Ancient Astronaut Theory - Or what I like to call The Search for ET through Art Interpretation... There are many reasons ancient peoples created
the things they did. They had the same brain capacity for imagination and storytelling we have. They also had plenty more time on their hands without
TV, video games, movies, cell phones, etc. One need not invoke ET to explain why they created what they created and so this is not good evidence
4. Dreams, visions, channelling. Need I say more? While its not out of the question that an intelligent ET civilization might have some way of hacking
into our consciousness, unless some compelling, NEW and VERIFIABLE information were produced from that in addition to supposedly being from advanced
ETs from "the Pleiades", "Arcturus" or "Sirius" (poor places for ET to hang around mind you) then there's nothing here that would amount to good
5. Documents of an ambiguous nature. Supposedly "leaked" from "official government sources" which can not themselves be tested or verified.
So..... What WOULD be good evidence? Here are the top 5 things which I think would constitute undeniably good evidence of ETs on Earth. I'll start
with the most obvious and move to the less obvious.
1. Habeas Corpus - Bring us the body. Or even a tiny piece of one which can be tested. I'm not talking about full on Roswell-like cadavers. Bring us
an alien finger nail, scale, hair, or even saliva or other secretions. Something that can be looked at in a lab, thoroughly tested and possibly
verified as being not of this earth. For instance all life on Earth uses left-sided proteins. If we found some form of extraterrestrial "DNA" using
right sided proteins, that's pretty much an open and shut case provided the chain of custody of the sample went back to a verified "alien
2. Shoplifting - For all the accounts of alien abduction, no one has so much as brought us the alien equivalent of an acupuncture pin, dixie cup,
screw or bolt or other small item that could go unnoticed. This type of physical evidence could be tested to determine things which might give
enormous weight to such an encounter story. For example, you are on an alien ship and you pocket away a small piece of metal resembling a small square
box. Somehow you are returned to you car, bed or whatever and still have it. That metal's isotopic ratio will be different than any other metal alloy
on Earth if it were produced on another planet or from material from another planet. This is something which would be hard, scientific evidence that
something was manufactured off world.
3. Alien Newspaper - For all the accounts of extraterrestrial contact with people, we almost never seem to get anything in the way of useful
information outside the realm of human knowledge. So, if you're a UFO abductee there are some things you should ask to perhaps have something better
than a nice story after your experience. Presumably your abductors having crossed many lightyears to get here would know basic astronomy. a) What is
the nearest habitable (by Earth standards) to Earth, where is it, what is the star it circles called by us. b) What is a prime number which we have
yet to discover. c) How many planets orbit the stars of Alpha Centauri? d) What planet do you originate from originally, where is it, around what
star, what are the atmospheric characteristics of it? - Getting good answers to any and all of those questions means a lot more in the way of
potential hard evidence something of an extraordinary nature took place than all the 'spiritual messages' such abductees are reportedly given. Answers
to any of those questions could be verified either now or in the not too distant future. Example: Prior to this year one could have asked a supposed
alien what the closest Brown Dwarf was to the Earth. A correct answer would have just been verified:
This would have been something outside our knowledge at the
time but which we'd soon discover.
4. Show Off! - A pre-planned mass sighting of craft flying at low altitude over say the top 30 cities in the world simultaneously witnessed for
several hours by people, news companies, etc would go a long way to establishing that we had company. Even better would be a landing or two in a major
place like a football stadium during a match/game or a large tourist attraction.
5. Address the UN. There is an actual office at the UN which will deal with anything of an extraterrestrial intelligence nature should ETs on Earth
(or even knowledge of them out in other parts of our galaxy and universe) become known. In 2010 Mazlan Othman an astrophysicist from Malaysia was
appointed head of the office that would deal with any earthbound aliens. I'm sure she'd love to have a chat.
That's all I have... any others?
edit on 4-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)