Outspoken Canadian M.P. Finally Booted Over Anti-U.S. Remarks

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
All I can say is its about time! This self-serving grandstander has finally been booted from the Liberal caucus by Prime Minister Paul Martin.

Martin told reporters that while he has defended the controversial MP's right to speak in the past, he "cannot, as leader of our party and the government caucus, tolerate behaviour that demeans and disrespects others."

Her inflammatory comments were inappropriate for an elected official and IMHO nothing more than a cheap grab for world wide publicity.

In the past, Parrish has called Americans "bastards" and mocked the U.S. plans for a missile defence shield by calling countries that sign on to the plan a "coalition of idiots."

Being booted from caucus is a death knell for an M.P. s career as they are cut off from the party machinery and the levers of power. Re-election as an independant is almost impossible. Buh-Bye!!

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
yes it's about time.

ps: this thread is covered above....

She's one scary lookin' bulldog... I think she needs an rx script for her chemical imbalance or whatever she may have. spouting angry comments to her own party is just laughable though.... they tell her about appropriateness and she tells em to go to hell... What a politician... who's team is she on anyway?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
yes it's about time.

ps: this thread is covered above....

Well it wasn't when I posted it. (minutes after the happy announcement)

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No doubt getting rid of her before Bush comes and speaks to Parliament.....

Can't have her telling him what many people think of him.....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
No doubt getting rid of her before Bush comes and speaks to Parliament.....

Can't have her telling him what many people think of him.....

...looks a lot like the resignations in the Bush Cabinet - a lot of Americans and Canadians don't like what's coming:

North America Plans Continental Corporate Merger
www.atsnn.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Parrhesia - apparently Bush won't speak to Parliament. Security concerns.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
All of this "politically correct" crap has got to stop!

What ever happened to freedom of speech in Canada?

Canada's constitution is modeled after the United States constitution, therefore, Canadiens should be able to speak their mind just as her counter-parts south of the border.

So what if she insults and belittle others. It shows that she's got gut's and character!

Oh well! Let's just stand quietly by and become timid little creatures.

On second thought, I don't think so!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Free speech is alive and well, nobody is stopping her. She was ELECTED however to represent her constituents in Mississauga. She has no interest in attending to the minutae of being a backbench MP she seeks headlines that she would be unable to garner as a competent plodding MP.

She is self-serving and stupid and the fact that she now sits as an independant is proof of that. The Liberal party is notoriously loyal and notoriously tolerant and she managed to exhaust party sympathy and support.

Interestingly it was her "free speech" directed at the Prime Minister (calling him weak) that was the final straw.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
It shows that she's got gut's and character!

"I have absolutely no loyalty to this team. None," she told Canadian Press.

"After what they've put me through and lots of my colleagues, they can all go to hell. But [Mr. Martin's] not going to control me, so all he's going to do is end up looking weak."

www.theglobeandmail.com...

sounds like a lot of guts and character to me...
guess she forgot Chretien isn't around to quietly support her anti-americanism

now she'll sit as an independent and heckle Bush next week unabated...ala Svend "ring thief" Robinson during Reagan's visit in the 80's

here comes the book deal...and a guaranteed cameo on Farenheit 9-11, part deux

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Now she says she doesnt blame the PM. That she would have fired herself.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayzor11

Originally posted by Intelearthling
It shows that she's got gut's and character!

"I have absolutely no loyalty to this team. None," she told Canadian Press.

"After what they've put me through and lots of my colleagues, they can all go to hell. But [Mr. Martin's] not going to control me, so all he's going to do is end up looking weak."

www.theglobeandmail.com...

sounds like a lot of guts and character to me...
guess she forgot Chretien isn't around to quietly support her anti-americanism

now she'll sit as an independent and heckle Bush next week unabated...ala Svend "ring thief" Robinson during Reagan's visit in the 80's

here comes the book deal...and a guaranteed cameo on Farenheit 9-11, part deux

She just think what a lot of people think....but Martin don't want to have problems with the states, he's becomming more and more like "them"!
It was not respectful to do that, but hey! She really has the guts! She's a woman who feel that Bush is a moron, if she was not in politics, I would say I agree with her, freespeech is dissapearing I can see that! Woman in the Canadian government always have problems...

top topics

join